Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

I just received notification of a special promotion reducing membership fee to $12,500.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by micky123
This is exactly why they should increase prices and drive out the lunatics that think they can fly on a G4 transcontinental for a one time 12k fee. Unbelievable.
Well, these lunatics *did* get to fly transcon on g4s for a one time fee. So I suppose you think they are lunatics for thinking it would last
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Received a Cyber Monday deal this morning for Smart membership fee - $13,500 USD
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by micky123
This is exactly why they should increase prices and drive out the lunatics that think they can fly on a G4 transcontinental for a one time 12k fee. Unbelievable.
I paid $7,000 per year for two years and got multiple transcontinental flights (including catering), free heli-shuttles, and free empty legs. I don't think it's lunacy to expect it---it's lunacy of Jetsmarter to offer it at an unsustainable price.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: delta
LOL. My point was the same as yours, this is unsustainable, just be glad you got this gift, for as long as it lasted/lasts.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:52 pm

Flights From London City

Got an email today saying that JS are in "final talks" to have their short haul shuttles fly out of City.

If true, it would make it VERY attractive indeed.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SuperSaint
Got an email today saying that JS are in "final talks" to have their short haul shuttles fly out of City.

If true, it would make it VERY attractive indeed.

I have no idea how this would be financially feasible as London City Airport has some of the absolute highest landing fees in the world. The absolute minimum charge is £1773 (excluding VAT), and that is for flights at very limited hours.

I think the airport must be wanting to cut a deal, as Surf Air Europe is relocating to LCY this month.

Last edited by Gabrca; Dec 4, 2017 at 6:53 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:13 am

Update to add:

I was proved wrong, starting January shuttles are moving over to city airport! Color me impressed. They must to have cut a deal with the airport. Can’t imagine them paying £2,000 a flight in landing fees
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:21 am

Update to add:

I was proved wrong, starting January shuttles are moving over to city airport! Color me impressed. They must to have cut a deal with the airport. Can’t imagine them paying £2,000 a flight in landing fees
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by imperialg
I paid $7,000 per year for two years and got multiple transcontinental flights (including catering), free heli-shuttles, and free empty legs. I don't think it's lunacy to expect it---it's lunacy of Jetsmarter to offer it at an unsustainable price.
Exactly.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Exactly.
Well... this is exactly what zillions of startups do, on scales both smaller and larger. Do you really think all the discounts that Uber gave when they were starting up ( and often still gives ) are sustainable? They're not... the company is losing money hand over fist, but the theory is they'll start paring those back as time goes on and start making money, and people will be so used to the new model they'll keep using Uber. I don't know if it will happen or not, but there's a lot of people who are a lot smarter than me that are betting it will.

I can't blame JS for offering something at an 'unsustainable' price and then paring it back. That's pretty much the first chapter in Startup Marketing 101.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:27 am

I remember when I joined a couple of years ago, JS said all of its shuttles either had wifi or would soon be getting it. Another lie, of course. They've made no effort to get wifi on the Advanced Air King Air 350s they use on the West Coast Shuttles.

These shuttles are just an awful experience 4 times out 5, when they are full. Since they're obviously the great majority of hours logged on these planes, I suspect they'd be able to convince Advanced to change the seating configuration to eliminate the knee-to-knee-with-a-stranger aspect as below. With that change and addition of working wi-fi, the experience would be a hundred times more pleasurable.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:25 am

I just received an offer to join with a six-month membership for $9,950. I'm not sure what the deal is if I join for a year either part-way through or at the end of six months.

What do you think?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:42 pm

Not a a good deal in my opinion. As a former member, I’ve been offered $9k for a year of ‘smart’ (offer to buy in again at old rate right before their funding round) and then $12k or whatever it was for Black Friday the other week

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
I just received an offer to join with a six-month membership for $9,950. I'm not sure what the deal is if I join for a year either part-way through or at the end of six months.

What do you think?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:47 am

Anyone planning a group membership or similar again so we can get SMART at the old rate of $9K/year ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.