Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:21 pm

FWIW I am in Hong Kong for business and decided to drop by the JS office to ask if they are going to start Asia flights.

There is no office. No staff.

Simply a a law firm that represents 100+ clients, with a listing for JetSmarter.

Odd for a multi-billion dollar company, don't you think? Listing an office on its website that is not there?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by harley9
Wow, thanks so much for the answers Sykes. You're more helpful than my jetsmarter rep : ) A few follow ups if you don't mind. I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.

1) Are the member initiated shuttles free as well? Only the ones under 3 hours I assume?

2) For the short hauls, it seems like they tend to use turboprops. Are these comfortable/desirable?

3) On full flights, does it ever feel cramped, or no matter what, it's still always better than flying commercial?

4) What kind of deals have you guys heard of being negotiated. My current rep is offering an extra 3 months on the 12 month for $5k simple plan. I'm wondering if I can get something better.
The $5k simple plan you do NOT get shuttle seats for free and have to pay the going rate ($2k per seat on average). If you want a seat on a shuttle you have to buy the smart plan at $15k and there are now surcharges with that for shuttles >3 hours.

$5k you get a seat on an empty leg.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Townshend
The $5k simple plan you do NOT get shuttle seats for free and have to pay the going rate ($2k per seat on average). If you want a seat on a shuttle you have to buy the smart plan at $15k and there are now surcharges with that for shuttles >3 hours.

$5k you get a seat on an empty leg.
That is not true. That was true of a $4k plan they offered briefly last year called Social or Access (depending on when you bought), but it is not true of the newer Simple membership.

Simple members get one shuttle token at time, which gives free access to shuttles under 3 hours (excluding NYC-Florida).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by dval44
FWIW I am in Hong Kong for business and decided to drop by the JS office to ask if they are going to start Asia flights.

There is no office. No staff.

Simply a a law firm that represents 100+ clients, with a listing for JetSmarter.

Odd for a multi-billion dollar company, don't you think? Listing an office on its website that is not there?
The company has a 1.5B valuation based on investments, NOT a multi-billion dollar company (yet). I don't find this odd if they are not immediately launching shuttles. It does seem Asia is coming at some point as they will have a booth at ABACE

http://abace17.mapyourshow.com/7_0/e...m?ExhID=287818
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
That is not true. That was true of a $4k plan they offered briefly last year called Social or Access (depending on when you bought), but it is not true of the newer Simple membership.

Simple members get one shuttle token at time, which gives free access to shuttles under 3 hours (excluding NYC-Florida).
Thank you for the correction, I was thinking it was the Social plan and wasn't aware of the new Simple plan.

SIMPLE members can make complimentary reservations on scheduled shuttle flights over select routes that are less than three hours in lenght by utilizing shuttle token allocated to each SIMPLE member upon purchase of the membership. Flights available for complimentray reservations by SIMPLE members will be identified in the JetSmarter application. JetSmarter reserves the right to exclude any routes previously available for complimentary reservations by SIMPLE members at any time in its sole discretion without providing any prior notice to SIMPLE members. Shuttle reservations are subject to availability and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Townshend
The company has a 1.5B valuation based on investments, NOT a multi-billion dollar company (yet). I don't find this odd if they are not immediately launching shuttles. It does seem Asia is coming at some point as they will have a booth at ABACE

http://abace17.mapyourshow.com/7_0/e...m?ExhID=287818
Speaking of, is anyone here in Shanghai and planning on going to ABACE? Would be curious what their booth entails.

I can't imagine starting this sort of shuttle service in China would be easy with all the rules and regulations, along with extremely high landing fees in both China and Hong Kong.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Looks like TMC is back as a provider of jet deals! I see a dozen or so for tomorrow.

Definitely good news; they lost TMC a year or so ago to Wheels Up; happy to see they're back.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
On heavies, the worst seats tend to be when there is a table that seats four people like is pictured at the bottom of the image here. Then you're negotiating leg room and elbow room.
Not sure I agree with that. The couch is far worse than the 4 person club setup with table.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
Looks like TMC is back as a provider of jet deals! I see a dozen or so for tomorrow.

Definitely good news; they lost TMC a year or so ago to Wheels Up; happy to see they're back.
I've seen some TMC empty legs going out of Boston recently as well. Also, speaking of Boston, they are "working on a contract with a new operator", so at the moment there are no shuttle routes. I really hope they use the hawker 800 again, that Pilatus sucks.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
This just popped up on my Facebook page, JetSmarter Shuttles to Coachella is first on this list.

The Top Eight Products Of The Coachella-Industrial Complex That Most Make Me Want To Die

http://laist.com/2017/04/13/coachell...al_complex.php
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by backdoc
This just popped up on my Facebook page, JetSmarter Shuttles to Coachella is first on this list.

The Top Eight Products Of The Coachella-Industrial Complex That Most Make Me Want To Die

http://laist.com/2017/04/13/coachell...al_complex.php
It also says seats are free for members and start at $599 for nonmembers. But they're $599 for me.

The days of free shuttles to the Kentucky Dereby, Coachella, and (I'll bet) the Hamptons are long gone.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by millions
It also says seats are free for members and start at $599 for nonmembers. But they're $599 for me.

The days of free shuttles to the Kentucky Dereby, Coachella, and (I'll bet) the Hamptons are long gone.
that seems like your tokens are used. The seats are free with 1 token, but if you're out of tokens, you'll have to pay. Not sure if that's the case?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by cakiwi
that seems like your tokens are used. The seats are free with 1 token, but if you're out of tokens, you'll have to pay. Not sure if that's the case?
I thought you were a member. Are you representing that they show up as free for you?

I have two available tokens.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Shuttles to Dallas from NY and LA launched! Unfortunately, seems like they fall into the transcon bucket of 'not free'. Anywhere between a few hundred and a thousand one way, plus a token.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by millions
I thought you were a member. Are you representing that they show up as free for you?

I have two available tokens.
weird. Seems like a glitch. but there's changes brewing, I think with new routes and stuff. Coachella this year might be considered a new/seasonal route in which case it may be payable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.