Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
Now, apparently, any 'new' shuttles over three hours ( e.g. shuttle routes created in 2017 ) have a surcharge for all members, regardless of 'old' or 'new' plan.
Originally Posted by backdoc
I asked, via the app, to verify that the LA-Dallas Shuttle was indeed 1 token and they responded with yes, plus dynamic pricing.
Is this accurate ?
OLD-Smart memberships are subject to Dynamic-Pricing on New-Shuttles-over-3-hours long ?

Last edited by Alcibiades; Apr 17, 2017 at 6:47 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Is this accurate ?
OLD-Smart memberships are subject to Dynamic-Pricing on New-Shuttles-over-3-hours long ?
Good luck finding a definitive answer to any of these questions. It seems that deals are being struck on a nearly case-by-case basis with individual members. I'm guessing they will extract as much money out of one as they can before one speaks up.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
:(

Is this accurate ?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:42 am

It looks like they also reduced the number of free seats members get on JetDeals. You used to get five on Hawker 400s (light) and four on Hawker 800s (mid) but now you're only entitled to three free seats on both types of TMC aircraft.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:04 am

It sure is taking them a long time to fix this "glitch."
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
It looks like they also reduced the number of free seats members get on JetDeals. You used to get five on Hawker 400s (light) and four on Hawker 800s (mid) but now you're only entitled to three free seats on both types of TMC aircraft.
Hmmm, a concrete example of JetDeal availability decreasing from 5 to 3, and from 4 to 3, ... thanks for the datapoint !

Last edited by Alcibiades; Apr 18, 2017 at 11:38 am
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Got the email today about new routes out of TX, LAX/NYC. Looked great till seeing it was handily a 3:05 flight which means....$3k+ for Smart members.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Got the email today about new routes out of TX, LAX/NYC. Looked great till seeing it was handily a 3:05 flight which means....$3k+ for Smart members.
Calling the VNY->DAL flight 3:05 is pretty brazen. I'd have more respect for them if they just admitted that they changed the rules again than insultingeveryone's intelligence by claiming that flight on a G-IV is over 3 hours.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by millions
Calling the VNY->DAL flight 3:05 is pretty brazen. I'd have more respect for them if they just admitted that they changed the rules again than insultingeveryone's intelligence by claiming that flight on a G-IV is over 3 hours.
Well it's faster if you charter. Try chartering the G-IV in the app... it's only 2h45m or so.

I think the planes fly slower when they're running a shuttle, because there's more people on them.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:36 pm

Is this accurate ?
Heard from my rep today that Dynamic pricing can be expected for all new shuttle routes , company wouldn't last long if we didn't implement this.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
OLD-Smart ? Or just for NEW-Smart ?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by millions
Calling the VNY->DAL flight 3:05 is pretty brazen.
Should be 2:43 or less ?!

Last edited by Alcibiades; Apr 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
Well it's faster if you charter. Try chartering the G-IV in the app... it's only 2h45m or so.

I think the planes fly slower when they're running a shuttle, because there's more people on them.
A charter for a G-IV SP flying eastbound will say 2:35 (just checked - 2:33 for the SP, 2:24 for the G-IV) but in reality, it will nearly always be faster than that, even full. It's 1250 miles. The planes "fly slower" when they're running a shuttle because they bring in more revenue that way.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Maverick84
Heard from my rep today that Dynamic pricing can be expected for all new shuttle routes , company wouldn't last long if we didn't implement this.
Can be expected, ha. Oh, to return to the good old days of six months ago when at least Sergey would make an announcement and semi-apologize for adding surcharges to shuttles during the holidays because they were "adding volume."

Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, I guess.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
not worth renewing this year.
jet smarter worked out better for me last year.
just sticking to my 1k status with united.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.