Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I just bought the one year at $13k plus two extra one time use tokens. Before they added the Dallas to LA and Dallas to NY routes, this was almost useless for me.
But now with an infant, it's easier for us to fly this than commercial.

Is it possible for me to use one my normal shuttle tokens for my wife along with the infant, and then I'll fly commercial?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by krazieman
Is it possible for me to use one my normal shuttle tokens for my wife along with the infant, and then I'll fly commercial?
No. You can only use the shuttle tokens for yourself (unless you got the companion add-on to a Sophisticated membership, in which case you may use them for companions only when you're traveling on the same flight)).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
No. You can only use the shuttle tokens for yourself (unless you got the companion add-on to a Sophisticated membership, in which case you may use them for companions only when you're traveling on the same flight)).
Thanks, I guess she'll have to be ok with flying commercial while I take the baby.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

explains all the jetdeals to Elkhart in the last few days. TMC is based there
Ah i was wondering myself. There was a few from NYC and boston the other day too.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by TVCMH
According to a pilot message board, TMC has parked / retired their Hawker 800/850 fleet as of today. They're in the process of laying off or re assigning the pilots of that aircraft type. Leaves Jetsmarter with TMC Beechjets and XOJet Challengers and Citations for their US empty legs
What message board did you see this on?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
I know I'm in the minority here as a buyer of full charter flights, but came across an interesting new business in the space. Might be of some value.

I was approached by some veteran charter brokers that started a company offering 0% commission charter flights. They offered me a free trial then its a monthly membership fee of a couple hundred. From what they're telling me, they shop to get you the lowest price... then put you in direct contact with the operator. Have any of you heard of this? I'm going to try it out on an upcoming charter next week and will post my results.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by mwood20
What message board did you see this on?
I can verify that TMC won't quote their Hawker 800XP anymore. Wonder where they will go?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Another offer from JetSmarter - Buy a 3-year Sophisticated membership for 97.5k and get a free Hublot watch - there are only 25 being offered - so hurry, hurry, hurry Hard to tell the value of the watch and JetSmarter isn't saying. I wouldn't want to wear a watch with the JetSmarter logo, but who knows. Some Hublot watches are quite expensive.

Source:
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ed-membership/
Watch value is probably 15-20,000
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:52 pm

[QUOTE=Nicoolio;29470636]Another offer from JetSmarter - Buy a 3-year Sophisticated membership for 97.5k and get a free Hublot watch - there are only 25 being offered - so hurry, hurry, hurry Hard to tell the value of the watch and JetSmarter isn't saying. I wouldn't want to wear a watch with the JetSmarter logo, but who knows. Some Hublot watches are quite expensive.

actually, the watch's logo seems subtle & the watch looks attractive.
When is it worthwhile to buy Sophisticated rather than standard membership? Are they selling a lot of new memberships? are most members renewing?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=luvtoflydal;29475098]
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Another offer from JetSmarter - Buy a 3-year Sophisticated membership for 97.5k and get a free Hublot watch - there are only 25 being offered - so hurry, hurry, hurry Hard to tell the value of the watch and JetSmarter isn't saying. I wouldn't want to wear a watch with the JetSmarter logo, but who knows. Some Hublot watches are quite expensive.

actually, the watch's logo seems subtle & the watch looks attractive.
When is it worthwhile to buy Sophisticated rather than standard membership? Are they selling a lot of new memberships? are most members renewing?
I think the riskiest part is paying for 3 years up front when you don't even know if they'll be around that long. Jeeze, some people are still hesitant on ONE year given all the changes JS makes constantly.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:18 am

Anyone fly with infants on Jetsmarter? How has that been?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
I know I'm in the minority here as a buyer of full charter flights, but came across an interesting new business in the space. Might be of some value.

I was approached by some veteran charter brokers that started a company offering 0% commission charter flights. They offered me a free trial then its a monthly membership fee of a couple hundred. From what they're telling me, they shop to get you the lowest price... then put you in direct contact with the operator. Have any of you heard of this? I'm going to try it out on an upcoming charter next week and will post my results.
I assume you’re talking about Jettly, yeah? I think it’s a good idea but was underwhelmed by their execution. They need more inventory and better filtering (year, safety, etc.). I got like ~100 offers for a simple route.

A good human broker is still better, but maybe in a year or two they will be best.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by krazieman
Anyone fly with infants on Jetsmarter? How has that been?
Infants are fine. Under two flies free ( shuttles or empty legs ) as long as you're willing to hold them on your lap. Over two you need to pay (or use one of your seats on an empty).
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dval44

I assume you’re talking about Jettly, yeah? I think it’s a good idea but was underwhelmed by their execution. They need more inventory and better filtering (year, safety, etc.). I got like ~100 offers for a simple route.

A good human broker is still better, but maybe in a year or two they will be best.
It was not jetly which I was unimpressed with as well for many reasons (too many gimmicks being one of them).

The benefit of this new subscription service is that they actually have real people sourcing the quotes the same way a broker would, then they let me sign up directly with the operator of my choice at 0% mark up. Direct contract with the operator of the airplane so no middle-man. As much as I've benefited in my own business from automation... It does not work at an acceptable level with private jet charters quite yet. You need a human being who knows your specific needs and preferences to find the right plane and responds quickly when plans change.

This is being started by industry veterans and worked very smoothly the first time I used it. The founders of this new company asked that I not publicly reveal the name until they launch but I will share in a private message for those interested and will be happy to provide a recap of my experience.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
It was not jetly which I was unimpressed with as well for many reasons (too many gimmicks being one of them).

The benefit of this new subscription service is that they actually have real people sourcing the quotes the same way a broker would, then they let me sign up directly with the operator of my choice at 0% mark up. Direct contract with the operator of the airplane so no middle-man. As much as I've benefited in my own business from automation... It does not work at an acceptable level with private jet charters quite yet. You need a human being who knows your specific needs and preferences to find the right plane and responds quickly when plans change.

This is being started by industry veterans and worked very smoothly the first time I used it. The founders of this new company asked that I not publicly reveal the name until they launch but I will share in a private message for those interested and will be happy to provide a recap of my experience.
Interesting - I guessed Jettly in the other thread -- Wholesale Jet Club I think says 0%, but there is a 3.5% admin fee I believe - but that's been going since last year - A mystery!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.