Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
This promo is not getting much traction in the NW section of FT, but it is old news.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...ile-miles.html
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by troyintn
Thanks just registered. Now I have to decide if Hilton points or NWA miles are worth more.
Keep in mind multiple stays at Hilton chain hotels only qualifies as (1) ONE activity. Keep the pts with Hilton, esp with the 1K/night promo.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

One of the great things about the WP promo is that you can track how many partners you have by going to World Perks - Manage My Account - Points Summary. You don't have to guess about what is going to count and what won't. I transferred e-rewards today, they have already posted to my WP account, and my "Pile on the Miles" Points Summary shows 1 point accumulated. Unlike the Delta promo where you don't even know if you're really registered and can only guess how many partners you have actually accumulated, WP gives you real time info. Just one more reason to hope that the new Skymiles program will use the WP platform for the combined FF program!!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
One of the great things about the WP promo is that you can track how many partners you have by going to World Perks - Manage My Account - Points Summary. You don't have to guess about what is going to count and what won't. I transferred e-rewards today, they have already posted to my WP account, and my "Pile on the Miles" Points Summary shows 1 point accumulated. Unlike the Delta promo where you don't even know if you're really registered and can only guess how many partners you have actually accumulated, WP gives you real time info. Just one more reason to hope that the new Skymiles program will use the WP platform for the combined FF program!!
+1 ^
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:52 pm

Fine print concern: bonus double-dipping

Questions from an infrequent flyer relatively new to airmile accumulation
via non-flight or non-credit card activity:

The NWA fine print reads "This offer may not be combined with any other offers or activities."

As someone who has not yet signed up for dining programs with
500 mile bonuses (Thanks Again, Dining for Miles), does this mean
that a fresh signup will either *not* count as partner activity or
that the individual signup bonus will not take? Also, would the
signup itself count as activity or only the subsequent purchase?
I.e. can one signup to dine, but actually dine weeks or months later,
but still get the 1000 mile partner bonus under this promotion?

Even more important to my family, there is a "double miles"
promotion to May 31 for airmile transfers (effectively paying
a penny per mile). Is this negated by trying to count this
towards a partner activity?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by retiarius
Questions from an infrequent flyer relatively new to airmile accumulation
via non-flight or non-credit card activity:

The NWA fine print reads "This offer may not be combined with any other offers or activities."
Standard fine print of most T&Cs. Not a big deal. Basically the nature of the promotion is a combination of existing standard partner offers and this promo.
As someone who has not yet signed up for dining programs with
500 mile bonuses (Thanks Again, Dining for Miles), does this mean
that a fresh signup will either *not* count as partner activity or
that the individual signup bonus will not take? Also, would the signup itself count as activity or only the subsequent purchase?
Thanks Again is a separate entity from NW (DL). So your 500 mile sign-up bonus has nothing to do with this promo and is not in jeopardy. When DL did this same promo last year, sign-up bonuses with SkyMiles Dining and points.com counted as partner activity. You should get credit for Thanks Again as a unique partner.

I.e. can one signup to dine, but actually dine weeks or months later,
but still get the 1000 mile partner bonus under this promotion?
As long as the sign-up bonus posts during the promotion period it should count with no problem.
I am not sure what you mean by "airmile transfers". Do you mean WorldPerks Buy Miles, Gift Miles, or Transfer Miles ? I suppose NW (DL) could say that you got the double miles promotion so it can't be counted as partner for Pile On The Miles but I really doubt it. Nowhere in the T&C of Delta's Pile On The Miles promotion does it read "This offer may not be combined with any other offers or activities. " And both promotions have the same basic terms.

So I think what you are asking is: If I buy miles before May 31 will they NOT count but if I buy miles from June 1 to June 22 they WILL count?

I would guess that it doesn't matter for this promotion but perhaps a NW Platinum could email customer service and ask for clarification just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Evan!; Apr 26, 2009 at 10:22 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:37 pm

Thanx much for the info. One bit

"As long as the sign-up bonus posts during the promotion period it should count with no problem."

brings up a new worry for someone who is irked by technicalities
which can ruin good faith efforts. I.e. both NWA and DL promotions
discuss *activity* within the period to June 22 (not hard to prove
with sufficient documentation), but does this really mean the activity
must also be *posted* by June 22? E.g. I just signed up with Thanks Again
(500 mile bonus from NWA if done by April 30). Now I have no
problem with completing a purchase in the next few days just to
be safe, but they say actual posting can take 60 days, or past June 22.

Traditionally, do these promotions with layers of middlemen
restaurant/credit card/affiliation program/airmiles program count the
activity as primary or the posting of the activity, a delay over
which one has less control.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:54 pm

Thanx much for the info. One bit

"As long as the sign-up bonus posts during the promotion period it should count with no problem."

brings up a new worry for someone who is irked by technicalities
which can ruin good faith efforts. I.e. both NWA and DL promotions
discuss *activity* within the period to June 22 (not hard to prove
with sufficient documentation), but does this really mean the activity
must also be *posted* by June 22? E.g. I just signed up with Thanks Again
(500 mile bonus from NWA if done by April 30). Now I have no
problem with completing a purchase in the next few days just to
be safe, but they say actual posting can take 60 days, or past June 22.

Traditionally, do these promotions with layers of middlemen
restaurant/credit card/affiliation program/airmiles program count the
activity as primary or the posting of the activity, a delay over
which one has less control.
I can give you an anecdotal response that might answer your question. Last year for the DL partner promo e-miles sent a list to DL after the promo period detailing who had activity with e-miles even if nothing posted during the promo period (see this post from the thread on last years DL partner promo). I had exactly 25 partners with DL last year that includes e-miles even though I did not earn any miles through e-miles. Without e-miles I would have had only 24 and not reached the 25-partner threshold for 25K SkyMiles. So I have to believe that DL will wait until partners have a chance to post before they start tallying the total partners for each member. I would think the NWA promo would work the same way.

Remember that bonus miles from the NWA POMP (Piles of Miles promo) and the DL POMP will post 8-10 weeks after June 22 (August 31 if you are counting like me :P ). This allows for the lag time between the activity and the actual posting to a miles account.

Last years DL partner promo had an activity range of Jan 15 through Mar 15. I had a 1-night Hyatt hotel stay on March 13 (check-out March 14). The miles did not post to my DL account until April 3 - 19 days after the promotion period ended. It counted and I did not have to fight DL for it. The bonus miles for the partner promo from 2008 posted (for me and many others) on May 23rd - 69 days after the promo period ended on March 15.

So the bottom line is you don't have to worry that only what POSTS by June 22 will count. Last year Delta showed no intent on trying to screw members out of their bonus miles by using the calendar as a loop hole. Yes, there were people who had an incorrect amount post for the bonus and they had to contact DL for rectification. I have to believe that the vast majority of those who participated in that promo got the miles they expected without issue. Otherwise I think the thread would have been closer to 200 pages than just 80. In fact, after May 23, 2008 (when many started seeing their bonuses post) there were only seven more pages of posts; and the majority of those posts were FTers simply reporting success.

I predict the following for the NWA promo: In the days after June 22nd, WP members will continue to see their total count of partners increase as activity in early & mid June start to filter in. This will calm the worries of many.

I hope this helped.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

I have 3 activities so far:
Transfer miles
SPG
Priority Club
all posted and performed on 4/22 after I registered
yet my point summary only shows one point for Priority Club. Does anyone have more than 1 point showing in their point summary?

Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:39 pm

e-rewards activity + 500 NWA miles

It is possible to get easy e-rewards activity + 500 miles . There is an offer at the CC forum, but I do not have access yet.

PM if interested.

Last edited by alterman; Apr 28, 2009 at 4:24 am
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by anbhc
I have 3 activities so far:
Transfer miles
SPG
Priority Club

all posted and performed on 4/22 after I registered
yet my point summary only shows one point for Priority Club. Does anyone have more than 1 point showing in their point summary?
I must be either blind or tired but I can't find Priority Club as an option anywhere. Help, please!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by lolosmama
I must be either blind or tired but I can't find Priority Club as an option anywhere. Help, please!
Hotel Partners: Hilton HHonors® (one stay among Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotel®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand VacationsTM, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, the Waldorf AstoriaTM or the Waldorf Astoria CollectionTM); Marriott (one stay among Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, Springhill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Marriott Vacation ClubSM International, or Marriott Executive Apartments®); InterContinental (one stay among Candlewood Suites®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Hotel Indigo®, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts or Staybridge Suites®); Starwood Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels); Hyatt (one stay among Park Hyatt®, Andaz, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® or Hyatt Summerfield Suites®); Wyndham Hotel Group (one stay among Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, Ramada® Worldwide, Super 8®, Travelodge®, Wingate® by Wyndham or Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®); Best Western International: Choice Hotels (one stay among Ascend Collection, Cambria Suites®, Clarion®, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Econo Lodge®, MainStay Suites®, Quality Inn®, Rodeway Inn®, Sleep Inn® or Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®); Carlson Family of Hotels: (one stay among Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn®, Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Regents Hotels and Resorts or Radisson® Hotels & Resorts); Accor (one stay among Sofitel, Novotel, Pullmann, MGallery or Mecure); New Otani Hotels; Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts or Tokyu Hotels); JAL Hotels (one stay among Nikko Hotels International or Hotel JAL City); WORLDHOTELS; Okura Hotels and Resorts; Shangri-La Hotels (one stay among Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts or Traders Hotels).
Priority Club is the point program for Holiday Inn which is part of the InterContinental group. More here.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
Hotel Partners: Hilton HHonors® (one stay among Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotel®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand VacationsTM, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, the Waldorf AstoriaTM or the Waldorf Astoria CollectionTM); Marriott (one stay among Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, Springhill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Marriott Vacation ClubSM International, or Marriott Executive Apartments®); InterContinental (one stay among Candlewood Suites®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Hotel Indigo®, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts or Staybridge Suites®); Starwood Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels); Hyatt (one stay among Park Hyatt®, Andaz, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® or Hyatt Summerfield Suites®); Wyndham Hotel Group (one stay among Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, Ramada® Worldwide, Super 8®, Travelodge®, Wingate® by Wyndham or Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®); Best Western International: Choice Hotels (one stay among Ascend Collection, Cambria Suites®, Clarion®, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Econo Lodge®, MainStay Suites®, Quality Inn®, Rodeway Inn®, Sleep Inn® or Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®); Carlson Family of Hotels: (one stay among Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn®, Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Regents Hotels and Resorts or Radisson® Hotels & Resorts); Accor (one stay among Sofitel, Novotel, Pullmann, MGallery or Mecure); New Otani Hotels; Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts or Tokyu Hotels); JAL Hotels (one stay among Nikko Hotels International or Hotel JAL City); WORLDHOTELS; Okura Hotels and Resorts; Shangri-La Hotels (one stay among Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts or Traders Hotels).
Priority Club is the point program for Holiday Inn which is part of the InterContinental group. More here.
Thanks, Evan.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:21 pm

I asked NW and here is their response:
Dear Evan!,

Thank you for contacting WorldPerks.

You can purchase the miles and receive the applicable bonus and it will
count towards the unique offer under the Pile on the Mile Promotion.

If you have any additional questions, concerns, or need further
assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

xxx
WorldPerks Customer Service Center
So in reality it can be combined with other promotions. I think it is just S.O.P. to include a term that excludes combinations... whatever the nature of the promo.

Last edited by slippahs; May 1, 2009 at 10:03 pm Reason: redacted name of rep; please respect privacy of non-management employees thanks
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
Thanks Again is a separate entity from NW (DL). So your 500 mile sign-up bonus has nothing to do with this promo and is not in jeopardy. When DL did this same promo last year, sign-up bonuses with SkyMiles Dining and points.com counted as partner activity. You should get credit for Thanks Again as a unique partner.
Can I use my credit card information for my mom in Thanks Again or Dining for Miles program and get her credited with a partner activity. My mom does not have credit cards to link with such accounts. Do the NW/DL programs verify names in credit cards with names in NW/DL programs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.