Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by anbhc
Good idea, but I bit the bullet and transferred from SPG to my NWA account and for some reason it is not counting it as 1 point in my point summary. Anyone get credit for the SPG transfer in their Point Summary?
Are we even sure this is a valid partner activity for this promotion?

The T&Cs seem indicate that Starwood activity is defined as "one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels." They do mention that "Converting hotel partner points to miles and a stay/activity with the same hotel partner do not count as two activities" - but nowhere does it actually say converting hotel partner points to miles qualifies as an activity.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 16, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

The T&Cs seem indicate that Starwood activity is defined as "one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels." They do mention that "Converting hotel partner points to miles and a stay/activity with the same hotel partner do not count as two activities" - but nowhere does it actually say converting hotel partner points to miles qualifies as an activity.

-FlyerBeek
If it's like any other partner promo that has been run by Delta or NW in the past, hotel point transfers will count. The fact that they have left that ambiguous sentence in their T&C's only helps our cause.
Old May 19, 2009, 4:15 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Yes, there is no longer any doubt. I already have received credit for converting 50 SPG Starpoints to 50 NW miles. (Yes, I'm an SPG Plat). The "1 point" credit toward the promotion was credited at the same time as I received the miles in my NW Worldperks account. It took 6 days after I made the transaction to get the credit to my NW account. See below:

Pile on the Miles Promotion Detail

Total Points: 3

Activity

Date Flight Number Paid Class Description Points

13MAY2009 Pile on the Miles - Starwood Hotels 1
09MAY2009 Pile on the Miles - Hilton Hotels 1
06MAY2009 Pile on the Miles - Super Shuttle 1

Now I'm just waiting for my Dining for Miles transaction to post and voila, 4,000 NW miles.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Just had a Sentry Insurance quote post as 1,000 miles and 1 point in the promo status page. ^

One of my fastest postings with NWA. Maybe I'll try and get 4 afterall...
What am I missing?

When I go to the NW site, I see that Sentry Insurance is listed as a partner under "Auto & Home Services", but then there is no link to get to Sentry.

How do I get a quote?
Old May 20, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What am I missing?

When I go to the NW site, I see that Sentry Insurance is listed as a partner under "Auto & Home Services", but then there is no link to get to Sentry.

How do I get a quote?
http://www.nwa.com/features/sentry/

Win 100,000 WorldPerks® Miles and a Nintendo Wii™ package!
Sentry Insurance is giving one lucky Northwest Airlines WorldPerks® member 100,000 miles and a Nintendo Wii package.

There has never been a better time to choose Sentry for your auto and homeowners insurance needs. As a policyholder, you’ll:

Save up to 10 percent. In addition to Sentry’s other money-saving discounts, eligible members save up to 10 percent on auto and homeowners insurance.
Receive quality insurance protection. With a variety of coverages available, Sentry’s easy-to-understand policies provide insurance protection that’s customized to fit your family’s needs.
In addition to this special offer, you can receive 1,500 bonus miles just for receiving a no-obligation quote on your auto or homeowners insurance.
Old May 20, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Can this be done online? I do not see where to put my NW number?
Old May 20, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, BA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by gaidamak
Can this be done online? I do not see where to put my NW number?
It looks like the quote can only be done by phone?
Old May 20, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
And I did that for Sentry, and I don't think we've ever gotten a call.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: NW, UA
did it online... there was no field to put in the WP# nor was there a confirmation message afterwards. will have to wait and see. didn't feel like talking to an insurance sales person on the phone first thing in the morning.
Old May 21, 2009, 1:49 pm

If I sign up for Dining for Miles does this count as an activity or do I have to eat at a restaurant?
Old May 22, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Glacier
If I sign up for Dining for Miles does this count as an activity or do I have to eat at a restaurant?
You have to eat at a restaurant- signing up generates no miles.
Old May 22, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
http://www.nwa.com/features/sentry/

Win 100,000 WorldPerks® Miles and a Nintendo Wii™ package!
Sentry Insurance is giving one lucky Northwest Airlines WorldPerks® member 100,000 miles and a Nintendo Wii package.

There has never been a better time to choose Sentry for your auto and homeowners insurance needs. As a policyholder, you’ll:

Save up to 10 percent. In addition to Sentry’s other money-saving discounts, eligible members save up to 10 percent on auto and homeowners insurance.
Receive quality insurance protection. With a variety of coverages available, Sentry’s easy-to-understand policies provide insurance protection that’s customized to fit your family’s needs.
In addition to this special offer, you can receive 1,500 bonus miles just for receiving a no-obligation quote on your auto or homeowners insurance.
Note the disclaimer: "This offer is available in the following states: AZ, CO, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, OH, TN and WI."
Old May 22, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by bob12403
Note the disclaimer: "This offer is available in the following states: AZ, CO, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, OH, TN and WI."
I'm reasonably sure that the restriction applies only to the drawing, not the award of frequent flyer miles for a free quote.
Old May 23, 2009, 5:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I'm reasonably sure that the restriction applies only to the drawing, not the award of frequent flyer miles for a free quote.
You're right, I stand corrected. When you go to the registration page, it breaks the drawing and the quote into separate offers. Only the drawing has the restriction by state.
Old May 24, 2009, 1:13 pm

Any thoughts on how to get an inexpensive point or points for Pile on the Miles?

I did an e-rewards transfer and car rental. My award stay at the Hilton must not count as it does not show up and I don't think it qualifies. I signed up for the Sentry quote but there is no place to put your WP number so I don't think that will not work either.

I may do a miles transfer but would still be one point short of the 4 qualifiying points. I guess I should have done the Delta promotion and I could have used a mall credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.