Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
50 Possibilities... I think

I think I have interpreted this correctly. I believe there are 50 possible qualifying partners for the NW Pile On The Miles promo.

Promotion Partner List:
  1. Hilton HHonors® (one stay among Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotel®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand VacationsTM, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, the Waldorf AstoriaTM or the Waldorf Astoria CollectionTM)
  2. Marriott (one stay among Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, Springhill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Marriott Vacation ClubSM International, or Marriott Executive Apartments®)
  3. InterContinental (one stay among Candlewood Suites®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Hotel Indigo®, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts or Staybridge Suites®)
  4. Starwood Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels)
  5. Hyatt (one stay among Park Hyatt®, Andaz, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® or Hyatt Summerfield Suites®)
  6. Wyndham Hotel Group (one stay among Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, Ramada® Worldwide, Super 8®, Travelodge®, Wingate® by Wyndham or Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®)
  7. Best Western International
  8. Choice Hotels (one stay among Ascend Collection, Cambria Suites®, Clarion®, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Econo Lodge®, MainStay Suites®, Quality Inn®, Rodeway Inn®, Sleep Inn® or Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®)
  9. Carlson Family of Hotels: (one stay among Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn®, Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Regents Hotels and Resorts or Radisson® Hotels & Resorts)
  10. Accor (one stay among Sofitel, Novotel, Pullmann, MGallery or Mecure)
  11. New Otani Hotels
  12. Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts or Tokyu Hotels)
  13. JAL Hotels (one stay among Nikko Hotels International or Hotel JAL City)
  14. WORLDHOTELS
  15. Okura Hotels and Resorts
  16. Shangri-La Hotels (one stay among Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts or Traders Hotels).
  17. Alamo®
  18. Avis
  19. Budget
  20. Checker Sedan,
  21. Dollar Rent A Car
  22. Hertz
  23. National Car Rental®
  24. SuperShuttle
  25. Thrifty Car Rental.
  26. e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles)
  27. e-Miles®
  28. Energy Plus
  29. FTD
  30. 1-800-Flowers.com
  31. Track It Back
  32. Teleflora's Flower Club
  33. Travelling Connect
  34. Vinesse LLC
  35. Dining For Miles®
  36. Thanks Again
  37. SkyMall Inc (only one Buy in the Sky or online purchase will count as an eligible activity)
  38. Bensinger's Fine Cleaners.
  39. Buy Miles
  40. Gift Miles
  41. Transfer Miles (Only the purchaser of the miles will be credited the unique partner activity.)
  42. WorldPerks Wireless.
  43. LendingTree
  44. 21st Century Auto Insurance
  45. iNest
  46. Sentry Insurance
  47. HomeLoanCenter.com
  48. LifeLock.
  49. Cruise Locators®
  50. NWA WorldVacations® .
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Yaaaay! Thanks Evan!

There definitely doesn't seem to be as many possibilities (at least for me) on this list.

Couple of questions.

1) I bought a restaurant.com cert on Thanks Again for $0.60. I know this was enough to get miles in the Delta promo as they were paying 5 miles/$, so for a $0.90 purchase I got 4 miles. However Thanks Again on the NW site only gives 1 mile/$. Should I be redoing this one being careful to spend over $1 or will they round up my purchase?

2) Did anyone find anything cheap to buy on SkyMall Inc.? After perusing pages and pages, the cheapest I found was an MP3 case for $4.99. A bit rich for something I don't need. Anyone find a better deal?

What I have so far for this promo is:
  • Starwood
  • Avis
  • Dining for Miles
  • 21st Century Auto insurance quote
  • Marriott (next week)
  • Thanks Again (may have to redo if $0.60 wasn't enough)
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yaaaay! Thanks Evan!

There definitely doesn't seem to be as many possibilities (at least for me) on this list.

Couple of questions.

1) I bought a restaurant.com cert on Thanks Again for $0.60. I know this was enough to get miles in the Delta promo as they were paying 5 miles/$, so for a $0.90 purchase I got 4 miles. However Thanks Again on the NW site only gives 1 mile/$. Should I be redoing this one being careful to spend over $1 or will they round up my purchase?

2) Did anyone find anything cheap to buy on SkyMall Inc.? After perusing pages and pages, the cheapest I found was an MP3 case for $4.99. A bit rich for something I don't need. Anyone find a better deal?

What I have so far for this promo is:
  • Starwood
  • Avis
  • Dining for Miles
  • 21st Century Auto insurance quote
  • Marriott (next week)
  • Thanks Again (may have to redo if $0.60 wasn't enough)
1 - It will round up and you will get 1 mile
2 - Since you have six now a purchase from SkyMall won't benefit you unless you find an eighth partner. If you purchase the MP3 case for 5 bucks (plus shipping ??) and then buy the least amount of miles from NW you will spend $5 (SkyMall) + $56 (buy WP miles) = $61. If you add the extra miles you are getting by going from 6 to 8 partners, 2K plus the 2K you get from buying miles you will net 4K more miles. $61/4,000 = 1.5 cents per mile. Not very good IMHO.

If NW were running a bonus promotion on purchased miles then it might be worth it but I know of no such promo going on right now.

Do you have no flower needs coming up in the next few months? You can buy flowers from 1800Flowers now even if the delivery is past the promo period. My SkyMiles posted to my account before the Mother's Day flowers were even delivered.

Can you think of someone you know you will give a Christmas gift to? If so, why not buy it now and hold on to it until December? You could get a Sky Mall partner out of it. Just a thought.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
My husband's Thanks Again activity has posted- but it shows NO DATE. Has this happened to anyone else?

In looking further, it does appear that it counts as an activity based on the points summary...but it makes me a little nervous!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Evan!
1 - It will round up and you will get 1 mile
2 - Since you have six now a purchase from SkyMall won't benefit you unless you find an eighth partner. If you purchase the MP3 case for 5 bucks (plus shipping ??) and then buy the least amount of miles from NW you will spend $5 (SkyMall) + $56 (buy WP miles) = $61. If you add the extra miles you are getting by going from 6 to 8 partners, 2K plus the 2K you get from buying miles you will net 4K more miles. $61/4,000 = 1.5 cents per mile. Not very good IMHO.

If NW were running a bonus promotion on purchased miles then it might be worth it but I know of no such promo going on right now.

Do you have no flower needs coming up in the next few months? You can buy flowers from 1800Flowers now even if the delivery is past the promo period. My SkyMiles posted to my account before the Mother's Day flowers were even delivered.

Can you think of someone you know you will give a Christmas gift to? If so, why not buy it now and hold on to it until December? You could get a Sky Mall partner out of it. Just a thought.
Thanks for the suggestions. No need for flowers. I was thinking if I could find something cheap on Sky Mall, I could also get a Sentry Insurance quote to bring me to 8, but guess I'll content myself with 6 partners for now. Sky Mall purchases are complicated by the fact that I live in Canada, so I'd have to get anything I buy shipped to my brother's house in TX.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:50 pm

In the Thanks Again portal, you can earn miles for Itunes purchases. So hopefully my purchase of a song costing $1.29 should count as a qualifying activity.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
See post #89.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mehdron
See post #89.
From the T&C:
Purchases with Bose, Sealy, SkyMall Inc, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion. Purchases on the WorldPerks Mall® do not qualify for this promotion
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by jpatrick

From the T&C:
Purchases with Bose, Sealy, SkyMall Inc, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion. Purchases on the WorldPerks Mall® do not qualify for this promotion

My T&C look different. There are only two places on the T&C were the "Mall" appears.
Purchases on the WorldPerks Mall® do not qualify for this promotion.
and
Dining, Retail & Other Partners: e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles), e-Miles®, Energy Plus, FTD, 1-800-Flowers.com, Track It Back, Teleflora's Flower Club, Travelling Connect, Vinesse LLC, Dining For Miles®, Thanks Again, SkyMall Inc (only one Buy in the Sky or online purchase will count as an eligible activity), and Bensinger's Fine Cleaners.
So where did you find the quote:
"Purchases with Bose, Sealy, SkyMall Inc, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion." ??

I see almost the same on the T&C:
"Purchases with Bose, Sealy, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion."

FYI, I am looking here.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
My T&C look different. There are only two places on the T&C were the "Mall" appears.
Purchases on the WorldPerks Mall® do not qualify for this promotion.
and
Dining, Retail & Other Partners: e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles), e-Miles®, Energy Plus, FTD, 1-800-Flowers.com, Track It Back, Teleflora's Flower Club, Travelling Connect, Vinesse LLC, Dining For Miles®, Thanks Again, SkyMall Inc (only one Buy in the Sky or online purchase will count as an eligible activity), and Bensinger's Fine Cleaners.
So where did you find the quote:
"Purchases with Bose, Sealy, SkyMall Inc, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion." ??

I see almost the same on the T&C:
"Purchases with Bose, Sealy, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion."

FYI, I am looking here.

Evan,

It appears as though the T&C have changed.

I have a printout of the original T&C when I signed up on April 22. That printout has the language quoted by jpatrick.

Now, the new T&C you quoted is what appears on the website when I pull it up.

NWA must have changed their mind on inclusion of SkyMall purchases.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
That is highly possible.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
Evan,

It appears as though the T&C have changed.

I have a printout of the original T&C when I signed up on April 22. That printout has the language quoted by jpatrick.

Now, the new T&C you quoted is what appears on the website when I pull it up.

As WolfManDoug notes, the T&C was amended at some point and SkyMall is now included. Now maybe I can hit the next level...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by jpatrick
I ordered a Custom Countertop Info Kit for $.00 .
I am not sure if it will count.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by gaidamak
I ordered a Custom Countertop Info Kit for $.00 .
I am not sure if it will count.
If $0.00 is rounded up to 1 point then I plan on buying a million kits
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
I notice the Promo Ends June 22.

I have a Hertz rental car, pickup 19, dropoff 22nd.
Marriott Hotel - arrive 19th, check-out 22nd.

If the above two happen with Hertz and Marriott, I should be good with this promo based on other point activities (other hotels and rental cars).

Anyone think I'll have a problem getting my points with the above two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.