Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
mesabadad:

1. You're SOL on the Hyatt activity if you chose to earn Hyatt GP's rather than NW miles for your stay. When you check in, I believe you can override your earning preference to earn airline miles. If you did not do this OR call Hyatt GP before your stay and ask that they set up your account to earn NW miles, I don't think there is anything you can do at this point.

2. I'm not up on the rules with regards to points transfers under this promotion, but if the rule is that the account from which points are transferred gets the partner credit, you're not likely to win an argument that you should get the partner credit from a transaction emanating from your wife's account that you personally paid. NW doesn't know what reimbursement arrangements you have made with your wife.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: 1st Class Only
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
mesabadad:

1. You're SOL on the Hyatt activity if you chose to earn Hyatt GP's rather than NW miles for your stay. When you check in, I believe you can override your earning preference to earn airline miles. If you did not do this OR call Hyatt GP before your stay and ask that they set up your account to earn NW miles, I don't think there is anything you can do at this point.

2. I'm not up on the rules with regards to points transfers under this promotion, but if the rule is that the account from which points are transferred gets the partner credit, you're not likely to win an argument that you should get the partner credit from a transaction emanating from your wife's account that you personally paid. NW doesn't know what reimbursement arrangements you have made with your wife.
My whole point is I thought I met the requirements based on the printed T&Cs. I actually had 4 Transfer Miles transactions with my wife, daughters (2) and son-in-law. This netted NW a nice piece of change for the transfer fees and does not appear to violate the T&Cs. NW benefited from the transfers. I thought that was the type of activity they were trying to stimulate with the promotion.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I'm a regular in the DL forum (no flames, please ) so there is a lot I don't know about NW. I registered for this promo and accrued miles during the time period from four different partners (Hilton, Hertz, Intercontinental, and Mall/i-tunes). The miles have all posted in my account but the bonus has not. At first I was afraid I hadn't registered for this promo, but when I check under "my bonuses", it shows the promo listed. (A feature I wish delta.com would adopt). I sent an e-mail via nwa.com asking for my bonus to be credited, but a week and a half later I have no bonus and no response either. Does the staff at Worldperks actually respond, or did my request fall into a black hole? I'm just not sure what is normal for NW. (DL will amost always respond, although the reply will often address an entirely different issue than the one that was asked about. )
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Okay, I got a reply from NW today and it looks like I scr*ed up. I gotta read the T&C more carefully next time and not assume that DL partners = NW partners.

Dear Mr ecaarch,

Thank you for contacting WorldPerks regarding bonus miles on your
WorldPerks account XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Per the terms and conditions of the Pile on the Miles Promotion,
purchases on the WorldPerks Mall do not qualify for this promotion.
Therefore, your purchase from the WorldPerks Mall partner i-Tunes did
not qualify for this promotion.

The participating dining, retail, and other partners were--e-Rewards
(one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles), e-Miles, Energy Plus,
FTD, 1-800-Flowers.com, Track It Back, Teleflora's Flower Club,
Travelling Connect, Vinesse LLC, Dining For Miles, Thanks Again, and
Bensingers Fine Cleaners.

Upon review of your WorldPerks account, we found you only had three
qualifying partners for the Pile on the Miles Promotion--

27MAY2009 Hertz Car Rental
03JUN2009 Hilton Reward Exchange
03JUN2009 Holiday Inn Priority Club Redemption

Because you only had three qualifying unique partners and four were
needed to earn 4,000 bonus miles, your account is not eligible for the
bonus miles.

Mr ecaarch, we appreciate the opportunity to review this matter with you.
Although we were unable to comply with your request, your patronage and
support are important to us. We look forward to your continued
participation in the WorldPerks soon to be SkyMiles Program.

Sincerely,

Ms. J
WorldPerks Customer Service Center

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.