Atl-hnl / a330

Old Sep 22, 09, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Delta Platinum; United 1P
Wink Atl-hnl / a330

Howdy ya'll...

Has anyone taken this flight in the past couple of days (after the transition from 747 to A330)? If so, I am interested in hearing about it because I am booked on this flight in the future. When I called Delta to book the flight (F, using miles) I asked how the service was above and beyond standard domestic First because the extreme cost (in miles) of the ticket. The agent told me it was Business Elite cabin service in First on this flight.

SO, since I have read all the experiences on FT about this route, I'm wondering if maybe Delta has truly made the service better on the A330, or if the rez agent was just blowing smoke to get me to book, and get off the line.

Thanks,
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
All 330's (200's and 300's) dont have a First Class Cabin but do have WBC cabins (just like the 744)...but the 330's WBC is suppose to be the best in the combined fleet
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:59 am

It's a J hard product with an enhanced F soft product. How good? Depends on DL. the MSP-HNL route has been on 330 for some time. Overall DL has messed up the food a bit. That being said the F service should be exactly like the 744. The biggest win is for people in Y.
Old Sep 22, 09, 1:13 pm

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by motytrah View Post
The biggest win is for people in Y.
+ 100 for that. I've done a dozen NW and KL A330s to Europe in Y and love them. Comfortable high back seats and great IFE. Great Y product.

Search this Thread