Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by milomaniac
Can I use my credit card information for my mom in Thanks Again or Dining for Miles program and get her credited with a partner activity. My mom does not have credit cards to link with such accounts. Do the NW/DL programs verify names in credit cards with names in NW/DL programs?
Most likely when you create an account with Dining for Miles or Thanks Again they (not the airline) will verify that the name on the account matches the name on the CC. That's my guess. You might want to try to create an account at DfM or TA and see if your CC will work. I am thinking it won't.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>Can I use my credit card information for my mom in Thanks Again or Dining for Miles program and get her credited with a partner activity. My mom does not have credit cards to link with such accounts. Do the NW/DL programs verify names in credit cards with names in NW/DL programs?

YES!
Old May 1, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>Can I use my credit card information for my mom in Thanks Again or Dining for Miles program and get her credited with a partner activity. My mom does not have credit cards to link with such accounts. Do the NW/DL programs verify names in credit cards with names in NW/DL programs?

YES!
I am sorry the way I framed my questions; but which question did you answer:

Yes, can I use my credit card for my mom?
OR
Yes, NW/DL programs verify names in card with names in the NW/DL programs?

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:51 pm

Does anyone know exactly how getting credit for a car rental works?
If I have a current reservation that was made with a United Airlines offer / contract ID, can I simply modify my reservation and substitute my NW # for the United # and keep the same price for my reservation, but get credited with NW miles, and get credit for using a NW partner for this promotion?

Thanks,
Roqdawg

Last edited by roqdawg; May 3, 2009 at 3:33 am
Old May 1, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>can I use my credit card for my mom?

Yes!

>>>>>>NW/DL programs verify names in card with names in the NW/DL programs?

No, they do not!

This is probably the best way to keep miles alive!
Old May 1, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Stupid question so bear with me on this one.
I have the World Perks credit card from US bank tied to the NWA dining. I never use the card and remember something about them changing to some generic miles program and Delta Amex being better (I already have that one).
Anyway, does anyone know if I can still use the WP credit card for a dine, or do I have to register another card?
Thanks!
Judy J
just starting NWA, I've been nailing Delta first
Old May 2, 2009, 7:16 am

Judy,

I think (not 100% sure since I don't have that card anymore) you should be fine since the numbers have not changed...What changed was that you do not earn Worldperks miles anymore, just that generic miles program they came up with (which does not look too bad actually at first glance...kind of like the current Thank you Points Network program now). So, go for it and see if it posts in your rewards dining account in 3 days or so. If yes, fine. If not, add another card to your profile and do it then.
Old May 3, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Stupid question so bear with me on this one.
I have the World Perks credit card from US bank tied to the NWA dining. I never use the card and remember something about them changing to some generic miles program and Delta Amex being better (I already have that one).
Anyway, does anyone know if I can still use the WP credit card for a dine, or do I have to register another card?
Rewards Network (formerly iDine) that runs all these dining programs only cares about the number (and MC/Visa/Amex/Discover type) of the card, not its band branding or affinity affiliation.

In fact, you could belong to both, say, the NWA and AA programs, regsiter your NWA card in the AA program and register your AA card in the NWA program!

While your NWA card may have been automatically registered in the NWA dining program, that's just a default, and you can change it. You can add another card to the NWA program, you can delete the US Bank card from the NWA program, etc, as long as you always keep at least one card in the NWA program. (Ie, if you wanted to remove your US Bank card, say because you cancelled it, you have to add some other card first.)

If you have a card registered in dining program A, and try to register in dining program B, one of two things may happen: If you had more than one card in program A, this card is likely to be added to program B and automatically deleted from program A. If you had only one card in program A, you're likely to get an error message if you try to put that same card in program B.

(By program A and program B I mean any airline or hotel dining program administered by Rewards Network, while includes NWA, DL, AA, UA, US, AS, Priority Club and Hilton HHonors.)

Also, "card" can mean either credit card or debit card. (So, for example, if you get the US Bank WorldPerks debit card -- which apparently will continue longer than the US Bank WorldPerks credit cards -- you could regsiter that in NWA's Dining for Miles.)
Old May 3, 2009, 5:09 pm

Funny thing, in yesterdays snail mail came a flyer from WP Visa saying my cc will still get miles until June and that would mean the dining this is cool right now, so had Chinese today for 1000 miles on my way back from Sears picking up my cheap bit and wash mitt in the shopping promo.

It still sucks that on NWA we can't get a points.com transfer or Membership Rewards transfer as we can in Deltaland. I am debating the SPG transfer of 1500 points to 1500 miles (I am gold) as it would net 2500 miles, but I really like to hold on to my SPG points as there is usually no easy way to get bonus points thru activities other than stays and Amex is pretty scotch in giving them out compared to Hilton.

Judy JFLA
Old May 6, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

I transferred SPG points to NWA miles on 4/22 after I registered for the promo and its not showing up as a Point in my point summary. I also did a Mile transfer from my sisters to my account and I paid the transfer fees and this is also not showing up as a point. Priority Club, iDine and Thanks again are showing up as one point each- any else having problems with accurate point summarys for SPG and Miles Transfers?

Funny thing, in yesterdays snail mail came a flyer from WP Visa saying my cc will still get miles until June and that would mean the dining this is cool right now, so had Chinese today for 1000 miles on my way back from Sears picking up my cheap bit and wash mitt in the shopping promo.

It still sucks that on NWA we can't get a points.com transfer or Membership Rewards transfer as we can in Deltaland. I am debating the SPG transfer of 1500 points to 1500 miles (I am gold) as it would net 2500 miles, but I really like to hold on to my SPG points as there is usually no easy way to get bonus points thru activities other than stays and Amex is pretty scotch in giving them out compared to Hilton.

Judy JFLA
Old May 7, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anbhc
I transferred SPG points to NWA miles on 4/22 after I registered for the promo and its not showing up as a Point in my point summary.
Where do you find your point summary?
Old May 7, 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by scotty00
Where do you find your point summary?
Go to Worldperks>Manage My Account>Points Summary or click here
Old May 10, 2009, 12:20 am

This promo is dying a slow death compared to the Delta one.

We should all get together and pay a Platinum SPG member a couple of bucks each via Paypal to transfer 1 point into each of our NWA accounts, since we lowly Golds would have to blow 1500 points

I am still miffed that Points.com and Amex don't allow transfers to NWA.
Of course I had the same snit over Amex to AA to Hilton too

JudyJFLA

PS, I started on day 1 for both NWA promos and Delta, and nothing has shown up for NWA. Delta has been much faster.
Old May 10, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Good idea, but I bit the bullet and transferred from SPG to my NWA account and for some reason it is not counting it as 1 point in my point summary. Anyone get credit for the SPG transfer in their Point Summary?

This promo is dying a slow death compared to the Delta one.

We should all get together and pay a Platinum SPG member a couple of bucks each via Paypal to transfer 1 point into each of our NWA accounts, since we lowly Golds would have to blow 1500 points

I am still miffed that Points.com and Amex don't allow transfers to NWA.
Of course I had the same snit over Amex to AA to Hilton too

JudyJFLA

PS, I started on day 1 for both NWA promos and Delta, and nothing has shown up for NWA. Delta has been much faster.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:01 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If you have not yet ordered from Avon and are aprehensive to use the SORRY code for free shipping, they now offer free shipping on orders of $5 or greater. Use code MDW2009.

For exactly $5, I ordered ergonomic tweezers for my wife. They got a five star review from multiple customers and it is something useful... unlike the Northern Tools saw blades that I keep tossing in the trash!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.