Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New NWA partner promo: Pile on the Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Searched and found no threads on this NWA promo:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/pileonmile...llPartnerPromo

When it comes to earning rewards, it’s all about being in the right places. With over 50 participating non-airline partners, chances are wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, you can be earning miles. And now, between April 22 and June 22, 2009, you can earn 4,000 Bonus Miles for doing business with just 4 unique WorldPerks Mileage Partners – and up to 25,000 Bonus Miles with 25 unique partners. Here’s how it works:

4 unique partner activities = 4,000 Bonus Miles
6 unique partner activities = 6,000 Bonus Miles
8 unique partner activities = 8,000 Bonus Miles
15 unique partner activities = 15,000 Bonus Miles
25 unique partner activities = 25,000 Bonus Miles

It’s that easy! See terms and conditions below for a complete list of participating partners and discover how rewarding it is to be in the right places.

By registering, you agree to receive emails about this promotion. Not a WorldPerks member? Enroll today for your chance to earn.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Terms and Conditions:

Eligibility: To participate in this offer, WorldPerks members must register online at nwa.com/offers/pileonmiles between April 22 and June 22, 2009. Registration must be completed before any activities take place to be valid for this promotion. This offer is valid only for WorldPerks members residing in North America and the Caribbean. WorldPerks members residing in Asia do not qualify for this promotion.

Offer:Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Miles. Earn Bonus Miles in the following increments for each level of unique partner activities between April 22 and June 22, 2009, up to a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles. 4 unique partner activities = 4,000 Bonus Miles; 6 unique partner activities = 6,000 Bonus Miles; 8 unique partner activities = 8,000 Bonus Miles; 15 unique partner activities = 15,000 Bonus Miles; 25 unique partner activities = 25,000 Bonus Miles. Only one activity per partner will qualify, including one Buy Miles transaction, one Gift Miles transaction and one Transfer Miles transaction. These Bonus Miles are awarded in addition to the WorldPerks miles earned from standard mileage earning activities. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer.

Unique Partner Activity: A unique partner activity is defined as one partner transaction, or a WorldPerks Buy Miles, Gift Miles, or Transfer Miles transaction between April 22 and June 22, 2009. Note that only one mileage-earning hotel partner stay/activity with a partner hotel family will count regardless of the number of different hotel stays within the family. For example, multiple stays at different Hilton Family brands (e.g., Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Hilton Hotels) will count as only one eligible activity; however, normal Miles may still be earned as a result of such multiple activities. One stay/activity at different hotel families (e.g., Hilton, Marriott, InterContinental, etc.) will each count as an eligible activity for the threshold bonus promotion. A WorldPerks Buy or Gift Miles purchase and a partner points to miles conversion transaction are considered unique activities and are eligible. Converting hotel partner points to miles and a stay/activity with the same hotel partner do not count as two activities. Flight activity on Northwest or partner airlines is not eligible for this promotion. Purchases with Bose, Sealy, SkyMall Inc, Tesoro, MyStockFund, or 1-800wine do not qualify for this promotion. Purchases on the WorldPerks Mall® do not qualify for this promotion.

Promotion Partner List:

Hotel Partners: Hilton HHonors® (one stay among Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotel®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand VacationsTM, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, the Waldorf AstoriaTM or the Waldorf Astoria CollectionTM); Marriott (one stay among Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, Springhill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Marriott Vacation ClubSM International, or Marriott Executive Apartments®); InterContinental (one stay among Candlewood Suites®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Hotel Indigo®, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts or Staybridge Suites®); Starwood Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Aloft, Element, Four Points by Sheraton, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, St. Regis, W or Westin® hotels); Hyatt (one stay among Park Hyatt®, Andaz, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® or Hyatt Summerfield Suites®); Wyndham Hotel Group (one stay among Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, Ramada® Worldwide, Super 8®, Travelodge®, Wingate® by Wyndham or Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®); Best Western International: Choice Hotels (one stay among Ascend Collection, Cambria Suites®, Clarion®, Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Econo Lodge®, MainStay Suites®, Quality Inn®, Rodeway Inn®, Sleep Inn® or Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®); Carlson Family of Hotels: (one stay among Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn®, Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Regents Hotels and Resorts or Radisson® Hotels & Resorts); Accor (one stay among Sofitel, Novotel, Pullmann, MGallery or Mecure); New Otani Hotels; Pan Pacific Hotels & Resorts (one stay among Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts or Tokyu Hotels); JAL Hotels (one stay among Nikko Hotels International or Hotel JAL City); WORLDHOTELS; Okura Hotels and Resorts; Shangri-La Hotels (one stay among Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts or Traders Hotels).

Car Rental and Ground Transportation Partners: Alamo®, Avis, Budget, Checker Sedan, Dollar Rent A Car, Hertz, National Car Rental®, SuperShuttle, and Thrifty Car Rental.

Dining, Retail & Other Partners: e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles), e-Miles®, Energy Plus, FTD, 1-800-Flowers.com, Track It Back, Teleflora�s Flower Club, Travelling Connect, Vinesse LLC, Dining For Miles®, Thanks Again, and Bensinger�s Fine Cleaners.

WorldPerks Programs: Buy Miles, Gift Miles or Transfer Miles transactions will be credited one unique partner activity for each, up to a total of three unique partner activities. Only the purchaser of the miles will be credited the unique partner activity.

Communication Partners: WorldPerks Wireless.

Real Estate, Insurance & Financial Partners: LendingTree, 21st Century Auto Insurance, iNest, Sentry Insurance, HomeLoanCenter.com, and LifeLock.

Vacation & Cruise Partners: Cruise Locators® , NWA WorldVacations® .

Threshold Bonus Miles: Bonus Miles under this offer will only be awarded in the stated increments for the activity levels described. For example, 9 unique partner activities would result in only 8,000 Bonus Miles. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion end date for all Bonus Miles to post to your WorldPerks account.

Miscellaneous: Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Bonus Miles are awarded in addition to the WorldPerks miles earned from normal mileage earning activities. Bonus Miles count as banked miles not Elite Qualifying Miles. Participation in WorldPerks is subject to the terms and conditions of the WorldPerks program. To review the rules of the WorldPerks program, please visit nwa.com/worldperks. All participating partner program terms and conditions apply. Partners have the right to prohibit purchases or enrollment into their program. Northwest Airlines reserves the right to modify any portion of this promotion with or without notification, including participating partners, points to Bonus Miles conversion, and the description of qualifying activities. This offer may not be combined with any other offers or activities. Only those activities denoted within these terms and conditions qualify for miles per the qualifying activity descriptions. Northwest Airlines is not responsible for any malfunctions associated with the web registration process that result in late registration or incomplete information. Northwest Airlines prohibits any automated systems and/or users from accessing our system with the intention of enrolling multiple members into the WorldPerks program and/or registering members for promotional offerings. Prohibited methods include but are not limited to, using robots, automated registration or enrollment generating tools, third-party services that enroll or register on others' behalf, or any other software. Northwest Airlines reserves the right to disqualify enrollments or promotion registrations made using such methods. Northwest Airlines is the final authority on all disputes and the interpretation of these rules. All disputes should be sent in writing to the WorldPerks Service Center, 601 Oak Street, Chisholm, MN 55719-1995. Additional restrictions and considerations may apply.

Reference Code: GNWPAPPSP09
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I need to study this closer but, at first glance, buying coffees from my local coffee shops participating in the idine program will no longer work
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I like that the T&Cs are full and clearly defined from the beginning of the promotion. I am disappointed that it is from the Delta model, I would prefer another points based promotion and some motivation to strive for the higher tiers rather than a flat 1,000/partner. The return of the baggage collection flash game would also be welcome, I still can't get that soundtrack out of my head.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
What a useless promo. One credit per partner and WP Mall purchases don't count, so there are just a handful of retailers. And the hotel promotions at present make crediting miles instead of points even less attractive than usual. I suppose you could make a few points transfers and a couple of car rentals to hit 4 or 6.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:16 am

On the bright side, they are running the miles in the skymiles space at the same time. So if you only have 4 partners to use that's fine. Just run a transaction in each program. 8 actions, 8K miles, 4 partners.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
WP Mall vendors don't count, SkyMiles Mall counts (once)
WP Visa doesn't count, SkyMiles Amex counts (once)

Perhaps max out on SkyMiles then do the WP same vendors if possible
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
For WorldPerks Programs, Transfer Miles counts as one unique partner activity. Are they referring to transferring miles from your NW account to your DL account? If so, that would be an easy and free one.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Even though the promotion doesn't allow you to count multiple activities from same partner twice, you can actually get around it by singing up for both NW and DL's promotions. So if you are staying at Hilton twice? Credit one to WP and one to SM. Since the account transfer is free, you can combine your miles from WP and SM accounts later.

Originally Posted by Richard1148
For WorldPerks Programs, Transfer Miles counts as one unique partner activity. Are they referring to transferring miles from your NW account to your DL account? If so, that would be an easy and free one.
I'm going to transfer some miles in between my WP/SM accounts a couple times just in case it counts.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by hw711
Even though the promotion doesn't allow you to count multiple activities from same partner twice, you can actually get around it by singing up for both NW and DL's promotions. So if you are staying at Hilton twice? Credit one to WP and one to SM. Since the account transfer is free, you can combine your miles from WP and SM accounts later.

I'm going to transfer some miles in between my WP/SM accounts a couple times just in case it counts.
It won't count. NW and DL are not partners. Buy miles, gifting miles, or transferring WP miles from one WP account to another WP account all have a fee associated with them. Since transferring miles from WP > SM or vice versa costs nothing it will not count as a unique partner for this promo or the DL Pile On The Miles promo. Of this I am very confident.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:43 pm

Several Questions and Observations on DL/NWA promos.

(From my cross-post in DL forum)

Several Questions and Observations on DL/NWA promos.

1. Does transfer of miles between NWA and DL accounts count as an activity?

>> Evan! already answered this one in this forum.

2. How often can I get the Ameriprise Quote and Financial Advice? I signed up during the same 2008 promo in Jan-Mar timeframe.

3. I don't live in a state where either 21st/Sentry offer Insurance services (NWA Partners), can I still get a quote with an address from the states they do offer insurance in i.e. what if I am 'planning' on moving there?

(On that same note can I get points for both 21st as well as Sentry since its not explicitly excluded in the T&C)

4. Can I buy a drink at a SPG/Hilton etc. property and have it is count as an activity? (I mean can I give my SPG etc. number to the bartender?)

5. Just an observation - The dates on NWA promo are not entirely clear. The T&C says 4/22-6/22 but after you register the promo shows up in My Promotions (and Points Summary) as 4/22-6/20, not too far but just a note of caution.

(I will cross-post on NWA as well)

Thanks for your inputs!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ENIAC
What a useless promo. One credit per partner and WP Mall purchases don't count, so there are just a handful of retailers. And the hotel promotions at present make crediting miles instead of points even less attractive than usual. I suppose you could make a few points transfers and a couple of car rentals to hit 4 or 6.
Agreed. Useless promo. I'm not changing my car rental or hotel stays and/or changing my earning prefs with them.

And I love how these days I get a NW email and DL email reminding me twice of how worthless these promos are.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Spring 2009 Promo: Earn up to 25000 Miles with Pile on Miles (Apr 22 - Jun 22)

Just like the one posted at delta.com, now available at nwa.com

When it comes to earning rewards, it’s all about being in the right places. With over 50 participating non-airline partners, chances are wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, you can be earning miles. And now, between April 22 and June 22, 2009, you can earn 4,000 Bonus Miles for doing business with just 4 unique WorldPerks Mileage Partners – and up to 25,000 Bonus Miles with 25 unique partners. Here’s how it works:
4 unique partner activities = 4,000 Bonus Miles
6 unique partner activities = 6,000 Bonus Miles
8 unique partner activities = 8,000 Bonus Miles
15 unique partner activities = 15,000 Bonus Miles
25 unique partner activities = 25,000 Bonus Miles

It’s that easy! See terms and conditions below for a complete list of participating partners and discover how rewarding it is to be in the right places.
http://www.nwa.com/offers/pileonmiles/

Jiburi

also note.....

Threshold Bonus Miles: Bonus Miles under this offer will only be awarded in the stated increments for the activity levels described. For example, 9 unique partner activities would result in only 8,000 Bonus Miles. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion end date for all Bonus Miles to post to your WorldPerks account.
I wonder if you register both at delta.com and nwa.com, if it's possible for the same partner to be posted in two different account for a different activity?!

Last edited by jiburi; Apr 23, 2009 at 5:01 pm
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Thanks just registered. Now I have to decide if Hilton points or NWA miles are worth more.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by troyintn
Thanks just registered. Now I have to decide if Hilton points or NWA miles are worth more.
I thought so also, but when I read through it, I read that you only one Hilton stay counts in this promo. I will take my next 1 day stay & credit it to NWA if I think I will end up with 3 more credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.