Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I know when there were protests outside the US Embassy in Copenhagen several weeks ago, a bunch of the protesters had masks on but certainly not a majority. Distributing masks to people on the street for voluntary uptake may have a different kind of reception than getting a mask and related notice in the house mailboxes.
Why would anyone do that? It costs $ to buy the mask and $ to put them into peoples mailboxes. The whole point of distributing masks during the protests is to make people realize the importance of using masks. Someone said that there's someone giving out mask in a mall somewhere in Stockholm and she was told not to be on pictures/videos.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Why would anyone do that? It costs $ to buy the mask and $ to put them into peoples mailboxes.
To see what the response would be. It need not be done to hit as many mailboxes as get hit by the grocery store flyers, but enough to perform a social experiment of sort.

Any news on Skanetrafiken’s mask distribution for pass holders?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To see what the response would be. It need not be done to hit as many mailboxes as get hit by the grocery store flyers, but enough to perform a social experiment of sort.

Any news on Skanetrafiken’s mask distribution for pass holders?
You won't know the response unless you trace the masks if you are dumping them into mailboxes. If you want response you need to knock on their doors and give them the mask.

Nothing changed - same 2 mask per monthly pass in 4 locations (I think there's a total number of masks so once it's out then there's no more).
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Lidl is one of the bigger discount grocery store chains in Sweden, and it seems relatively popular with Polish-speaking people resident in Sweden. ... The Polish stores in Skane and elsewhere in Sweden have seen better days, but those have been smaller mom-and-pop stores; and they have been the kind of stores where social distancing would be tough to maintain but where traffic has usually seemed slow.
Do you know about the mask policy on ferries such as Trelleborg or Gedser to Rostock? We have in the week gone by very much enjoyed the eight episodes of DNA, a new Danish TV crime series.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Do you know about the mask policy on ferries such as Trelleborg or Gedser to Rostock? We have in the week gone by very much enjoyed the eight episodes of DNA, a new Danish TV crime series.
No, as I haven’t known any people to take those ferries as of this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denmark and Germany is a different story than Sweden.

I know that people who took the ferry to go between mainland Sweden and Gotland didn’t say anything about mask requirements to me, and many of these people — some of whom are Swedish doctors — are in the large group of Swedes who have been downplaying concern about this virus in Sweden for all of this pandemic period and think all has been and is well with the Swedish response to the pandemic. In other words, they would have been fussing over mask requirements.

Speaking of Gotland, Visby has horse-riding “knights” in medieval period costume in charge of trying to encourage social distancing. Not sure what good it does when most of the traffic to and from the island deals with the bottlenecks that come from using the ferry.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 24, 2020 at 5:21 am
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:20 am
Suspended

Denmark is opening to all Swedish tourists for August.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it has taken effect now - and I think somehow the freedom of just popping by for people from Skane, Blekinge and Halland has been removed: https://politi.dk/coronavirus-i-danm...-i-aabne-lande
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:54 am
Suspended

I think it has taken effect now - and I think somehow the freedom of just popping by for people from Skane, Blekinge and Halland has been removed: https://politi.dk/coronavirus-i-danm...-i-aabne-lande
A few days ago, Danish border control was still asking some Swedes for proof of coming from the parts of Sweden that Denmark had green-lighted, but now it can be all Swedes rushing to buy alcohol in Denmark just in time for the weekend.

Some Stockholm residents vacationing in Skane have been trying to downplay coming from Stockholm even this week. I heard stories about Stockholm parents telling their children that they shouldn’t name where they come from and should instead be vague and say that they are visiting relatives in Skane. Reminds me of those Americans who do a lousy job of trying to claim to be Canadians while outside of the US.
vanillabean likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 31, 2020 at 6:02 am
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days ago, Danish border control was still asking some Swedes for proof of coming from the parts of Sweden that Denmark had green-lighted.
It was like that a few days ago but I saw the change on Wednesday and it took effect immediately.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:50 am

See you then.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:07 pm
Suspended

See you then.
If you haven’t already.

I am just American, but Denmark has been letting me in more easily than they would the typical Swede — at least before this week’s Danish opening to all Swedish tourists.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:57 pm

If you haven’t already.

I am just American, but Denmark has been letting me in more easily than they would the typical Swede — at least before this week’s Danish opening to all Swedish tourists.
They probably looked at your Sven Ingvars T-shirt and your suave Tom Cruise sunglasses and didn’t know what to make of it, tossed a coin and figured you were once elsewhere, so little chance of them having lost to you in a little league soccer match, which is all it takes for them to feel good about themselves.

But that was then, the empty trains with the Skåne+2 people, and the conductors will remember you and now know to approach just the rest of the Swedes and ask for proof of staying for six nights?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:01 am
Suspended

They probably looked at your Sven Ingvars T-shirt and your suave Tom Cruise sunglasses and didn’t know what to make of it, tossed a coin and figured you were once elsewhere, so little chance of them having lost to you in a little league soccer match, which is all it takes for them to feel good about themselves.

But that was then, the empty trains with the Skåne+2 people, and the conductors will remember you and now know to approach just the rest of the Swedes and ask for proof of staying for six nights?
MK with Samsøe & Samsøe and they will be confused. MK with Peak Performance and Converse sneakers, and you are automatically flagged as a formerly risky Swede.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MK with Samsøe & Samsøe and they will be confused. MK with Peak Performance and Converse sneakers, and you are automatically flagged as a formerly risky Swede.
Isn't it Tom Ford now? MK is kind of out......

Hurtigruten got Covid-19 too: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel...ay/5562151002/

I wonder when it will happen on Viking or Silja Line - I guess people wouldn't mind as long as they are in Aland and can keep drinking duty free alcohol.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:07 pm

Isn't it Tom Ford now? MK is kind of out......
I take it you belong to a younger generation, or are adventurous with that sort of stuff?

Thanks. Ouch, it looks like it'll be a while before we return for going south. And by the way, I ran into an elderly Norwegian, from Trondheim, the other day at the local gas station; it took us less than ten seconds to bring up Hurtigruten, and he told me a story about Russian border guards who were running around on skis by Kirkenes one day, far more eventful than when we were there.

I wonder when it will happen on Viking or Silja Line - I guess people wouldn't mind as long as they are in Aland and can keep drinking duty free alcohol.
I appreciate your grasp of reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.