FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:15 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Do you know about the mask policy on ferries such as Trelleborg or Gedser to Rostock? We have in the week gone by very much enjoyed the eight episodes of DNA, a new Danish TV crime series.
No, as I haven’t known any people to take those ferries as of this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denmark and Germany is a different story than Sweden.

I know that people who took the ferry to go between mainland Sweden and Gotland didn’t say anything about mask requirements to me, and many of these people — some of whom are Swedish doctors — are in the large group of Swedes who have been downplaying concern about this virus in Sweden for all of this pandemic period and think all has been and is well with the Swedish response to the pandemic. In other words, they would have been fussing over mask requirements.

Speaking of Gotland, Visby has horse-riding “knights” in medieval period costume in charge of trying to encourage social distancing. Not sure what good it does when most of the traffic to and from the island deals with the bottlenecks that come from using the ferry.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 24, 2020 at 5:21 am