Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:30 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Thanks. But I can't find any location with a last minute special available. Maybe it's just because of Labor Day weekend, or perhaps it's gone.
Check CA. There are deals in:

Bakersfield Airport (BFL)
Oakland Intl Airport Crcf (OAK)
San Francisco Intl Airport (SFO)
San Jose Intl Airport Crcf (SJC)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
So obviously it still exists but I had no luck finding anything in about a year in the Northeast region.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
GPS

Today I picked up a car from the Emerald Executive aisle at MCO. The Ford Explorer had already GPS and Sirius. I did not book that, but I am happy with it.

Will they charge me extra for it?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Not if you were qualified to take a vehicle from Emerald Exec.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I am a Emerald Executive member. But the greeter was so helpful in pointing out that car and explaining the benefits... that later I thought that he perhaps was pushing it.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:13 am

There might be reasons why the greeter would seem to push one car over another- lack of use, undesirable model to be gotten rid of for a one-way, etc. I had this happen once with a free day one-way from LGA to PWM. There were 5 identical Toyota Sienna minivans with NY plates, and the greeter seemed eager to have me "choose" one of them. I said it's too much for one person. Then the friendly lady tried to convince me to take one of the small but visibly worn SUVs- Dodge Journey (RI plates) and Dodge Nitro (NC plates). I said no for the same reason. Once I asked for a Charger, however, she showed me the Challenger (good shape, NY plates) hiding in the back
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
Will National recognize my status if I'm a passenger and my name isn't on the booking? I ask because I'm traveling with someone on a work reservation
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by BLTO
Will National recognize my status if I'm a passenger and my name isn't on the booking? I ask because I'm traveling with someone on a work reservation
No, the reservation needs to be in your name and your Emerald Club number needs to be on your reservation. Even being listed as an additional driver won't do anything.
aSiAnRiCk likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
Thank you for the quick response!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:53 pm

Hey anybody --- just wondering, doing a trip for a special occasion on a Friday night in PHX (probably get there a 7 pm).

Do people commonly double book reservations at National so you can go with the cheaper "midsize rate/ fullsize booking" if you find something decent in the ES Aisle? I was thinking about booking an midsize-SUV reservation as well for a backup in case the ES selection doesn't work out. Is this a good idea? Is it possible to cancel a secondary booking at the reservation time?

Or should I just go with the SUV reservation and ask for a lower rate if I go with ES aisle? Just wondering thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Hey I never rented from national before but plan on doing so this upcoming weekend. Does anyone know if fll has an executive elite isle?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by peterparker20
Hey anybody --- just wondering, doing a trip for a special occasion on a Friday night in PHX (probably get there a 7 pm).

Do people commonly double book reservations at National so you can go with the cheaper "midsize rate/ fullsize booking" if you find something decent in the ES Aisle? I was thinking about booking an midsize-SUV reservation as well for a backup in case the ES selection doesn't work out. Is this a good idea? Is it possible to cancel a secondary booking at the reservation time?

Or should I just go with the SUV reservation and ask for a lower rate if I go with ES aisle? Just wondering thanks.
While we (as AutoSlash) are hesitant to explicitly recommend intentional double bookings (the rental companies don't like them), the answer to your question is yes, and it's a tactic not infrequently employed by other FTers for exactly the reason you are asking. As long as you cancel one of the two reservations before driving to the exit gate, you should be fine--unlike Hertz, National does not process anything until you actually get to the exit booth, so just make sure that you only have one active reservation when you get to the booth.

Originally Posted by Joonydell
Hey I never rented from national before but plan on doing so this upcoming weekend. Does anyone know if fll has an executive elite isle?

Yes, according to https://www.emeraldaisle.com/locations, it does.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Great! Thanks for the swift reply.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Joonydell
They have Executive Aisle. If you have an Executive Elite status (higher than Executive), you still choose from the same Executive Aisle.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:51 pm

Does anyone know whether or not National at STL shares the fleet with Alamo? I have rented there before, but it was three years ago and I don't quit remember the setup (it was also late at night so I wasn't able to get a good look around). From the reports elsewhere on this forum it looks like selection can be spotty (I am executive), so I am considering a backup reservation with Alamo in case there isn't anything on the ES that I want. Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.