Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I booked a Luxury class for an upcoming one day reservation. I really don’t like the Cadillac sedans, what else would be considered Luxury at a major airport location (MSP)?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

MSP help

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I booked a Luxury class for an upcoming one day reservation. I really don’t like the Cadillac sedans, what else would be considered Luxury at a major airport location (MSP)?
I’m not aware of MSPs fleet.
​​​​​​​Anyone?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:58 pm

For what its worth, I've booked a couple of LCAR weekend only reservations out of the HNL location, and basically they would let me take a BMW convertible from the front premier upgrade row.

Certain cars would be a bit higher level and they would not budge on charging extra (7-series, Corvette, etc.)

But so far I've had luck in getting something like a BMW 430i convertible on a LCAR reservation,

If it's only one day and the manager is in a nice mood...maybe you can get something even better?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:17 pm

Booked through Costco for Alamo premium crossover in EWR, website list QX60 but I highly doubt will get QX60........... I don't need 7 seat at all just want a premium SUV, any idea normally what SUV will get ? Will store rep allow me to select car from National /Enterprise side?

Many Thanks!

Last edited by ecgz88; Jan 12, 2018 at 7:04 pm
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:26 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
PGAR also includes vehicles like the Ford Flex, Dodge Durango, and Buick Enclave.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hey guys,

For redeeming free days, it looks like I can't combine 1-2 free with the regular free credits.

Can I book this separately( one day with 1-2 free, one day with regular free) and will they just be able to merge the reservation?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:33 am

No. This has been asked in the 1-2 Free thread. The only possibility is a one-way to a location along your route with one type of day (or roundtrip if you're close enough to head back), and open a new contract for the second type of day.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Ah this doesn't work for me. Will have to book with Hertz for this one

TY for your help
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: too many
stupid question perhaps, but...
I'm EU-based and my company has now switched to EAN (Enterprise, National, Alamo) as our preferred vendor, and they offer a status match.
I know that in Europe, it's mainly Enterprise and Alamo, and that National locations are few and far between.

In this case which scheme would I be better off joining? Do Emerald Club members get recognition (i.e. upgrades) when renting from Enterprise too?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:27 pm

Hey Guys,
I have EC Executive status with National, and planning to rent a mid-size with them at MSY through Kayak / Hotwire. I don't see anywhere that I can add my membership#. I guess I have to go to the agent to be able to pick up a car from ES, is that the case? TIA
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mohclev
Hey Guys,
I have EC Executive status with National, and planning to rent a mid-size with them at MSY through Kayak / Hotwire. I don't see anywhere that I can add my membership#. I guess I have to go to the agent to be able to pick up a car from ES, is that the case? TIA
Hotwire does not support entering frequent renter numbers like National Emerald Club unfortunately. You either book direct with National or get a quote using the link in the footer below as AutoSlash only refers to sites that allow you to apply your memberships to skip the counter.
mohclev likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Hotwire does not support entering frequent renter numbers like National Emerald Club unfortunately. You either book direct with National or get a quote using the link in the footer below as AutoSlash only refers to sites that allow you to apply your memberships to skip the counter.
Thanks for the response. I wish they would have allowed upgrades when I show up with Executive status, that's a bummer.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mohclev
Thanks for the response. I wish they would have allowed upgrades when I show up with Executive status, that's a bummer.
If you're already in their system as exec member, you can always talk to the agents and see what they can do. Lot of stories on this forum where people got very nice cars by just asking politely. Nothing to lose. Of course YMMV
mohclev likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by ng1265
stupid question perhaps, but...
I'm EU-based and my company has now switched to EAN (Enterprise, National, Alamo) as our preferred vendor, and they offer a status match.
I know that in Europe, it's mainly Enterprise and Alamo, and that National locations are few and far between.

In this case which scheme would I be better off joining? Do Emerald Club members get recognition (i.e. upgrades) when renting from Enterprise too?
Quick up if anyone has some idea as I'm totally unsure about what to do...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
In my experience, no, Emerald Exec status did not get me upgrades at Enterprise, but free day rental credits can be earned from Enterprise locations (with some restrictions).

Have a thorough read of the Emerald Club terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.