Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
We've done some testing and have determined that Priceline's system is broken and does not pass the Emerald Club number over to National. We've reported the issue to them and they're working on an assessment to fix some of the issues we've raised with their tech team.

GDS-booked reservations definitely do qualify for Aisle/ES service--our old Sabre-based reservation system worked fine. It's a bug in Priceline's site (or GDS link or something), not anything inherent on National's end.

(Thanks for thinking of our commission--we do appreciate the concern, but we completely understand preferring Executive Selection access! Hopefully either Priceline will fix their system soon or we'll be able to host direct links to other vendors that do properly pass Emerald Club info.)
Has this been solved?
I'd like to book through AutoSlash / Priceline so that you can get your commissions... since you informed me about that rate

LE: Got in touch with AutoSlash - the bug is still not solved

Last edited by uxela; Jul 24, 2017 at 6:39 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:15 am

I did ask in another thread, but just in case this thread is monitored more closely, I am re-posting my question here as well.

I hear that National's master rental contract specifically prohibits driving on "non-paved" road. Is that right? Or is it just no Off-Roading?

I will be traveling on some gravel road to get to some trail heads while travelling up in Pacific North West. The roads are government maintained roads, just that they won't be paved. Since I will be traveling (in some cases, for miles) in gravel roads to get to some trail heads, just want to confirm whether it violates contract to do so.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:22 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by hpark21
I did ask in another thread, but just in case this thread is monitored more closely, I am re-posting my question here as well.

I hear that National's master rental contract specifically prohibits driving on "non-paved" road. Is that right? Or is it just no Off-Roading?

I will be traveling on some gravel road to get to some trail heads while travelling up in Pacific North West. The roads are government maintained roads, just that they won't be paved. Since I will be traveling (in some cases, for miles) in gravel roads to get to some trail heads, just want to confirm whether it violates contract to do so.
Seems pretty clear:

(10) Vehicle shall not be driven on an unpaved road or off-road.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:04 pm

If I rent a car at neighborhood location with reservation to drop off a car at the airport, can I exchange the car at the airport location during my rental? Just wondering since midsize rental is about $180 cheaper than airport location (with return at airport) and I SHOULD get upgrade through my exec. status BUT just in case I do not like what was given to me, I wonder whether I would have a shot at Exec aisle in the airport during my rental period.

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Has something changed w/ my banked 'free' days?

I am currently an EC Executive. I'm trying to book from ICT. I'm trying to use 2 days to book a car/suv. If I book anything above mid-size, it takes the 2 days and still bills me $169/day plus tax. If I switch to a mid-size (or below), it's only the taxes. Also, if I book an SUV, it changes from unlim. miles to 200 miles. Just last year I booked minivan for taxes. And on another occasion a minivan as a 1-way, for just taxes (both from ORD).

Am I missing something? Or is ICT some special flower that screws their better customers? (Our company has had issues w/ their workers damaging cars and blaming on customers twice now, or perhaps using old pictures and not even having damage...in short ICT National is quite sketchy)

P.S.
This location isn't one you can just "choose from the aisle", you have to go to the counter to get the keys, so little hope of getting an upgrade to the SUV I'd prefer.

Thanks.

Last edited by dgoedken; Jul 31, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
Spoke w/ national...looks like only allowed on full-size and below and IF avail in the aisle, I could get a minivan...that said, ICT doesn't have one (gives keys at the desk), so looks like hosed. And that ORD was being nice to their elites.

Originally Posted by dgoedken
Has something changed w/ my banked 'free' days?

I am currently an EC Executive. I'm trying to book from ICT. I'm trying to use 2 days to book a car/suv. If I book anything above mid-size, it takes the 2 days and still bills me $169/day plus tax. If I switch to a mid-size (or below), it's only the taxes. Also, if I book an SUV, it changes from unlim. miles to 200 miles. Just last year I booked minivan for taxes. And on another occasion a minivan as a 1-way, for just taxes (both from ORD).

Am I missing something? Or is ICT some special flower that screws their better customers? (Our company has had issues w/ their workers damaging cars and blaming on customers twice now, or perhaps using old pictures and not even having damage...in short ICT National is quite sketchy)

P.S.
This location isn't one you can just "choose from the aisle", you have to go to the counter to get the keys, so little hope of getting an upgrade to the SUV I'd prefer.

Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:19 am

I have made a reservation with National in Canada through priceline - thanks to Autoslash, who are saving me hundreds of dollars. AFAIK, this is my first rental with National.

Can I now join the Emerald program and quote my number upon pickup to receive membership benefits? Or do I have to re-do the reservation after I join?

TNX

[I am asking this because I was recently shocked to see that Hertz refused to extend membership benefits to my friend who had joined before picking up the vehicle, but after making the reservation - unless she accepted a repricing of the rental at some insane oneway walkup airport rate.]
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Trying to book a car but I'm a little confused. If I book "mid-size" I know i can choose from the Emerald Aisle. What if I book the more expensive "standard" car? Will I be stuck with whatever they choose to give me, or would i have access to that aisle/more cars as well? This will be at BOS airport.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Eneka
Trying to book a car but I'm a little confused. If I book "mid-size" I know i can choose from the Emerald Aisle. What if I book the more expensive "standard" car? Will I be stuck with whatever they choose to give me, or would i have access to that aisle/more cars as well? This will be at BOS airport.
If you book a midsize or higher you will have access to the EA.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AS
If you book a midsize or higher you will have access to the EA.
Does that include premium? That is, on a premium booking (with executive membership) can I choose from either the exec area or the premium area?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by pr09
Does that include premium? That is, on a premium booking (with executive membership) can I choose from either the exec area or the premium area?
Why not make two bookings?

If you are exec, you should have exec area access using midsize booking.

So, make a midsize booking and a premium booking (like an hour later), if you do not see anything in exec area that you like, you can cancel that and go with premium lot.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by hpark21
Why not make two bookings?

If you are exec, you should have exec area access using midsize booking.

So, make a midsize booking and a premium booking (like an hour later), if you do not see anything in exec area that you like, you can cancel that and go with premium lot.

Maybe the same premium res is cheaper? I've seen that sometimes because the full size rate is cheaper. I've had no issues with using the aisle on a premium reservation but YMMV.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Maybe the same premium res is cheaper? I've seen that sometimes because the full size rate is cheaper. I've had no issues with using the aisle on a premium reservation but YMMV.
They're basically the same price, so I'd rather avoid the hassle of a last minute cancellation (with a spouse and two kids in tow) if I can just book the higher class without a downside.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
You won't have any problem. You simply need to stop by the counter because the billing is handled differently. Status is status and you get all the benefits of your status level regardless of where you book.
You called it. Showed up, went to the counter. They confirmed my ECE status and told me to take whatever I wanted, wouldn't even have had to go to the counter. Got a Dodge Durango 7-seater that allowed me to ferry some friends around as well. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:15 pm
RJ1

One way rentals and EA/ES

I have an upcoming one way rental from ATL to CVG.

I am Executive level, and am also using a corporate code (my employer).

Looking at my reservation again today, I see a notice that I need to go to the counter. Does this mean that I might be assigned a mid-size or full-size call for sure, or will I still be able to choose a car from the EA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.