Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by mohclev
Hey Guys,
I have EC Executive status with National, and planning to rent a mid-size with them at MSY through Kayak / Hotwire. I don't see anywhere that I can add my membership#. I guess I have to go to the agent to be able to pick up a car from ES, is that the case? TIA
To update my earlier post: National said my reservation is tied to my DL#, so I get all benefits of EC Executive no matter my membership# is on the reservation or not!
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:52 pm

To update my earlier post: National said my reservation is tied to my DL#, so I get all benefits of EC Executive no matter my membership# is on the reservation or not!
Thanks for the update. I had similar experience at LAS. I booked national via Chase UR, no way to tie in my EA number, agent at LAS said my DL is tied to it so it went through when you pick up the car at the location
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
That doesn't make sense, though. They don't know what your DL# is until you show up at the rental counter and show your DL to them, so you can't get the benefit of skipping the counter. Sure, I guess at that point they can look up your profile and send you on your way to the Aisle, but having to stop at the rental counter kills like 50% of the value of EC.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
That doesn't make sense, though. They don't know what your DL# is until you show up at the rental counter and show your DL to them, so you can't get the benefit of skipping the counter. Sure, I guess at that point they can look up your profile and send you on your way to the Aisle, but having to stop at the rental counter kills like 50% of the value of EC.
From what I remember of my experience at LAS. I booked via Chase UR, no way to attach my EA# to that rental reservation. Arrived at LAS, and actually prior to arrival I called that location and they told me over the phone that as long as I was actually EC with my DL registered to the account and I was using that DL to get the car, I can pick any car and at the checkout gate I hand over my CC and DL and it will attach/activate right there, thereby being able to skip the counter altogether. Since this was my first time doing it I stopped at the counter to make sure and the agent checked my DL very quickly and basically sent me on my way to the aisle to pick my car.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ginmqi
From what I remember of my experience at LAS. I booked via Chase UR, no way to attach my EA# to that rental reservation. Arrived at LAS, and actually prior to arrival I called that location and they told me over the phone that as long as I was actually EC with my DL registered to the account and I was using that DL to get the car, I can pick any car and at the checkout gate I hand over my CC and DL and it will attach/activate right there, thereby being able to skip the counter altogether. Since this was my first time doing it I stopped at the counter to make sure and the agent checked my DL very quickly and basically sent me on my way to the aisle to pick my car.
Wow. If so, that's rather impressive.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:11 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Prepaid bookings through Chase UR, Citi Prestige travel portal, etc. go through a 3rd. party agency that doesn’t support the application of frequent renter numbers during the booking process, hence the need to either stop at the counter or have the car rental company look up and apply your loyalty account at the exit booth.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:45 pm

Talk about timing. I came to this thread to ask the exact same question as the last few above. I'm booked for a rental at OGG for next week through a third party booking my company doesn't usually use. I can view the reservation on the national site, but can't do anything with it. I called the corporate national number and he said they couldn't add my EC to it and I would have to go back to the third party which hasn't exactly been a very responsive resource so far.

I hate to go by the counter, but I hate to give up credit for the rental and of course the EC benefits/upgrade. I'm a little worried about chancing it at the exit booth though. Has anyone successfully done the exit booth association yet?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeeden
Has anyone successfully done the exit booth association yet?
Seems that @ginmqi just a few posts upthread has.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:11 pm

Yup. I booked via Chase UR and now way to attach my EA/EC number to the reservation. Stopped at LAS and agent said that as long as my DL is attached to my name/account, then the gate agent will be able to see it and the reservation will be credited under my account. Which is what happened.
Closingracer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:22 am

Yup. I booked via Chase UR and now way to attach my EA/EC number to the reservation. Stopped at LAS and agent said that as long as my DL is attached to my name/account, then the gate agent will be able to see it and the reservation will be credited under my account. Which is what happened.
ok thanks, I read it as he wound up stopping at the counter first.

I guess worse case I go to the EC aisle, pick up the car, and the agent at the booth tells me it isn't going to happen and then I wind up making everyone back up behind me so I can run into the counter
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:26 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I guess worse case I go to the EC aisle, pick up the car, and the agent at the booth tells me it isn't going to happen and then I wind up making everyone back up behind me so I can run into the counter
If anyone tries this without stopping at the counter first, please post your experience here as it would be good to have a second data point as confirmation.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by ng1265
Quick up if anyone has some idea as I'm totally unsure about what to do...
Keep It Simple .
With support of Google you ĺl find a way to get an Executive status.
Its the best option ; you rent and the company pays for an midsize car.
What ever car you're drivng
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
If anyone tries this without stopping at the counter first, please post your experience here as it would be good to have a second data point as confirmation.
^^^

True, physically and technically I did stop by the counter but the counter agent basically checked to see that my DL# was attached to my account and didn't do anything else...took about 1min....and so nothing was actually DONE at the counter except to verify my DL#. Which I think you can check on the National's website.

But otherwise yes if someone tries this without stopping at the counter at all then would be even more firm data point.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^^^

True, physically and technically I did stop by the counter but the counter agent basically checked to see that my DL# was attached to my account and didn't do anything else...took about 1min....and so nothing was actually DONE at the counter except to verify my DL#. Which I think you can check on the National's website.

But otherwise yes if someone tries this without stopping at the counter at all then would be even more firm data point.
Here's what I don't get--how was your DL# associated with your rental? It wouldn't have been done at the initial booking.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Here's what I don't get--how was your DL# associated with your rental? It wouldn't have been done at the initial booking.
The way the agent explained was that my DL# is attached to my name/emerald club account. (When I signed up for EC in the first place and made my online profile) And that when I checkout at the gate, as long as my DL# is attached and when I hand the DL over at the checkout the computer will automatically associate the reservation/rental to my emerald club account and the benefits/perks will pop up even if I reserved it using a 3rd party website that could not tell national I was a EC member when I initially booked it.

I guess if someone doesn't put in their DL info then it could be an issue?......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.