Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:13 pm

I'm not nearly as experienced as other renters on here, but I've never seen a lower exotic level car like a Ghibli in National lot. Maybe LAS or LAX would be better bets?

I'm debating whether to stay National....I initialyl got hooked by their ad of "pick your own car and go" but when I took a gander over at the Hertz forum looks like Hertz has similar things and they have much more interesting selection of cars....
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
I'm not nearly as experienced as other renters on here, but I've never seen a lower exotic level car like a Ghibli in National lot. Maybe LAS or LAX would be better bets?

I'm debating whether to stay National....I initialyl got hooked by their ad of "pick your own car and go" but when I took a gander over at the Hertz forum looks like Hertz has similar things and they have much more interesting selection of cars....
I've seen one last year in LAX but Tbh based off reviews the car isn't that good.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I've seen one last year in LAX but Tbh based off reviews the car isn't that good.
Indeed. The car itself has to be good...just cause its wearing a certain badge doesnt mean much.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:12 am
RJ1

As an Executive member, what car classes can I reserve using a Free Day credit? When I attempt to use a credit, only vehicles up through mid size / EA are showing as eligible for the credit.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:49 pm

Fullsize / ES eligible. Executive Elite can reserve higher on free days.
RJ1 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:25 pm

I booked a midsize car at MCO for January 2018 using my company's corporate code giving me access to Emerald Aisle. However, my reservation says I need to go the counter first in MCO. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the EA? Is this a normal disclaimer that I should ignore and go right to the aisle instead? First time I've booked using the corporate code and aisle.

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sccaflagger74
I booked a midsize car at MCO for January 2018 using my company's corporate code giving me access to Emerald Aisle. However, my reservation says I need to go the counter first in MCO. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the EA? Is this a normal disclaimer that I should ignore and go right to the aisle instead? First time I've booked using the corporate code and aisle.

Thanks!
Did you sign up for an Emerald Membership? You have to do that first. Once your account reflects that your status is Emerald Member then just ignore what it says on the confirmation email and just go directly to the aisle and pick your car and drive to the exit. They will see your Emerald status on your account.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:41 pm

Thanks!

I was at MCO about an hour ago and I had initially made a full size res which the app stated I had to go to the counter and the email stated I could use the aisle. I would just go to the garage and ask the agent at the desk? Worse thing would be having to walk back
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Did you sign up for an Emerald Membership? You have to do that first. Once your account reflects that your status is Emerald Member then just ignore what it says on the confirmation email and just go directly to the aisle and pick your car and drive to the exit. They will see your Emerald status on your account.
I signed up for Emerald before my previous rental (needed a minivan so did not use the aisle). I'll confirm it's on my reservation correctly. I also don't have a credit card on file; perhaps that makes the difference.

As suggested by the other poster I'll just go to the aisle and see what happens. Worse case I go back inside.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:36 pm

I signed up for Emerald before my previous rental (needed a minivan so did not use the aisle). I'll confirm it's on my reservation correctly. I also don't have a credit card on file; perhaps that makes the difference.

As suggested by the other poster I'll just go to the aisle and see what happens. Worse case I go back inside.

Well you just stated you don't have a credit card on file which is the issue. I also didn't state go to the aisle and choose a car which is just going to waste time for everybody behind you. Only suggested to talk to the agent at the booth in the garage.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, MileagePlus Silver, Executive National
in locations with both alamo/national is it possible to get a alamo car if you have a national rental etc?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Well you just stated you don't have a credit card on file which is the issue. I also didn't state go to the aisle and choose a car which is just going to waste time for everybody behind you. Only suggested to talk to the agent at the booth in the garage.
Thank you for your help. There wasn't a notice that the lack of a credit card was an issue in the res. I didn't think going over every detail of my res in the initial post was worthwhile.

And since we're being pedantic I never stated I would just choose a car. I know that if I get to the checkout booth and something is not correct I'd tie up traffic behind. My mistake for assuming that the booth with the attendant was in the aisle, or within eyesight. I've never rented in MCO so was not aware of the layout.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by homanga
in locations with both alamo/national is it possible to get a alamo car if you have a national rental etc?

The infinti Q50 I have with National was in the Alamo side at MCO. I first talked to the agent at the booth where the cars is. Happened to me last time as well in MCO in June.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:24 am

Thank you for your help. There wasn't a notice that the lack of a credit card was an issue in the res. I didn't think going over every detail of my res in the initial post was worthwhile.

And since we're being pedantic I never stated I would just choose a car. I know that if I get to the checkout booth and something is not correct I'd tie up traffic behind. My mistake for assuming that the booth with the attendant was in the aisle, or within eyesight. I've never rented in MCO so was not aware of the layout.

I am pretty sure you need a credit card on file to use the aisle. I remember asking the gate agent did he need to see my cc and stated no since I am am executive with the cc on file or something similar to that. Would go the same if you're just a emerald club member as well.

Sorry I thought you meant you'll take a car and see what happens lol. At MCO at A or B side which is depending on which airline you use there is a booth where baggage claim is and than you walk outside to a garage with has all the major car rental agencies there. On the first floor is national, Alamo and Enterprise with a booth for all at their respected areas.
sccaflagger74 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:27 pm

4x4 SUV

Does anyone know how to guarantee a 4x4 vehicle when renting. Planning on picking up at PHX in December and driving up to Grand Canyon (last time I was there in Dec it was snowing, and I recently rented a Jeep in NYC that was 2WD)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.