Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier Platinum (lol), fmr Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Question

Hi everyone,
I just got Emerald Executive status because of AMEX Platinum but haven't used National in years since my company has a contract with Hertz. I'm flying into LAS on leisure on the last Friday in June in the afternoon, so what should I expect? Are large or luxury SUVs commonplace in the Exec Aisle? Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Originally Posted by durche63
Hi everyone,
I just got Emerald Executive status because of AMEX Platinum but haven't used National in years since my company has a contract with Hertz. I'm flying into LAS on leisure on the last Friday in June in the afternoon, so what should I expect? Are large or luxury SUVs commonplace in the Exec Aisle? Thanks!
LAS is hit or miss for selection, as with a lot of Natl locations. It is a true find when you discover a location that consistently has a good selection of vehicles, right now I only have less than a handful of locations in which I always leave completely satisfied with my selection. I've learned to compromise with myself.

For a Friday afternoon in LAS I would imagine they will be already well picked over unfortunately, but it's so hard to forecast any location with Natl that I wouldn't worry about it. As far as PREMIUM big bodies, they always have some trucks (1500/2500s), I've always seen an SUV or two at LAS, but it's usually non-luxury like Tahoe, Explorer, equivalent. TBH, I never even look at SUVs, as they disgust me (I'm a sports guy, and very whiney LOL). For PREM SUV at LAS, they usually have a big Infiniti, and a Range/X3/Q5/equivalent in the indulge for upgrade, typically 25-50 additional a day. If you ever see those vehicles with 75 or 100 a day hangers in them, tell them you'll only go 50 max, and if they refuse tell them you prefer dinner and a show before getting taken advantage of. In reality, I get these buckets offered for free at many different Natl locations (I had a Range offered for free in CLT along with X3/Q5 a month or so ago, went with Challenger R/T), and the computer doesn't set upgrade hanger prices, it is up to the lot staff. I've seen an attendant put whatever he/she feels on that vehicle, and then the manager says raise/lower it. They are willing to negotiate because Indulge helps their numbers. LAS on the other hand has been less than accommodating for me before, with the exception of one great manager named Chase one time. He likes to see EEs happy. They do however constantly replenish here, so they are likely to radio to the satellite lot to ask about inventory. Good luck! With all of the great vehicles you can get with Natl, all EEs deserve to be satisfied with their choice and no regrets for every rental. We do keep Natl (an almost exclusively frequent-traveler appealing company) in existence, after all.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier Platinum (lol), fmr Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperPickyNationalExecElite
LAS is hit or miss for selection, as with a lot of Natl locations. It is a true find when you discover a location that consistently has a good selection of vehicles, right now I only have less than a handful of locations in which I always leave completely satisfied with my selection. I've learned to compromise with myself.

For a Friday afternoon in LAS I would imagine they will be already well picked over unfortunately, but it's so hard to forecast any location with Natl that I wouldn't worry about it. As far as PREMIUM big bodies, they always have some trucks (1500/2500s), I've always seen an SUV or two at LAS, but it's usually non-luxury like Tahoe, Explorer, equivalent. TBH, I never even look at SUVs, as they disgust me (I'm a sports guy, and very whiney LOL). For PREM SUV at LAS, they usually have a big Infiniti, and a Range/X3/Q5/equivalent in the indulge for upgrade, typically 25-50 additional a day. If you ever see those vehicles with 75 or 100 a day hangers in them, tell them you'll only go 50 max, and if they refuse tell them you prefer dinner and a show before getting taken advantage of. In reality, I get these buckets offered for free at many different Natl locations (I had a Range offered for free in CLT along with X3/Q5 a month or so ago, went with Challenger R/T), and the computer doesn't set upgrade hanger prices, it is up to the lot staff. I've seen an attendant put whatever he/she feels on that vehicle, and then the manager says raise/lower it. They are willing to negotiate because Indulge helps their numbers. LAS on the other hand has been less than accommodating for me before, with the exception of one great manager named Chase one time. He likes to see EEs happy. They do however constantly replenish here, so they are likely to radio to the satellite lot to ask about inventory. Good luck! With all of the great vehicles you can get with Natl, all EEs deserve to be satisfied with their choice and no regrets for every rental. We do keep Natl (an almost exclusively frequent-traveler appealing company) in existence, after all.
Thanks for the response! I made a back-up booking with Alamo for an SUV which is $200 more but I'll use it if the Emerald Executive aisle is picked clean.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:52 pm

Thanks for the response! I made a back-up booking with Alamo for an SUV which is $200 more but I'll use it if the Emerald Executive aisle is picked clean.

Depending on location you'll never find a luxury suv on the aisle. I don't see it ever in LGA, JFK and he few times I go to BOSTON. I've read where other places do but that's YMMV. If you're fine with a Dodge Durango or jeep grand Cherokee or Ford explorer than even if they don't have one on the aisle i would ask. Might have one in the back. As far as full size suvs like Tahoes and etc I've seen them on the aisle depending on season.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Depending on location you'll never find a luxury suv on the aisle. I don't see it ever in LGA, JFK and he few times I go to BOSTON. I've read where other places do but that's YMMV. If you're fine with a Dodge Durango or jeep grand Cherokee or Ford explorer than even if they don't have one on the aisle i would ask. Might have one in the back. As far as full size suvs like Tahoes and etc I've seen them on the aisle depending on season.
Thanks for the response. Something like a Tahoe would be best but a Durango or an Explorer would work. Is the staff at LAS accommodating?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:06 am

Thanks for the response. Something like a Tahoe would be best but a Durango or an Explorer would work. Is the staff at LAS accommodating?

Never been there but assuming it's corporate I don't see why they won't pull out a Durango or Explorer for you if they have one and aren't willing to give you a Tahoe as long as you ask nicely unless they are having a bad day. I would just have a Full size SUV and a SFAR or PGAR ( premium crossover) as backups depending on price you're willing to pay. PGAR has the Durango and I actually think the infinti QX60 is classified as one ( could of swore the one I rented last year was one). Buick enclave is also in this class. SFAR consists of the Nissan murano, jeep grand Cherokee and Ford explorer which would be Hit or miss if you need 7 seats.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:55 am

Hello!

I have just made a reservation to pick-up a car at NCL, using my Enterprise Plus account and a 5% discount code named as "Get 5% Off + Free Upgrade When You Rent using your Discover Card".

During reservation, I haven't been asked for my credit card, so I have to make the payment at the counter.

Does anyone knows if Enterprise will ask my If I have a discover card? I don't really have one.

Besides, I choose an intermediate car. What is the next category for an upgrade?

thanks in andvance.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:00 pm

ContRACT ID

Hi,

Looking to rent a car for 2 months, whats the best Contract ID to use? Im Executive.

TIA
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:26 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mithcc
Hello!

I have just made a reservation to pick-up a car at NCL, using my Enterprise Plus account and a 5% discount code named as "Get 5% Off + Free Upgrade When You Rent using your Discover Card".

During reservation, I haven't been asked for my credit card, so I have to make the payment at the counter.

Does anyone knows if Enterprise will ask my If I have a discover card? I don't really have one.

Besides, I choose an intermediate car. What is the next category for an upgrade?

thanks in andvance.
They are unlikely to check or even care. Enterprise 5% off codes are a dime a dozen. You might even be able to do better with a different code.

Also note that I don't think the free upgrade applies outside of the U.S.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by sruly101
Hi,

Looking to rent a car for 2 months, whats the best Contract ID to use? Im Executive.

TIA
You might want to check out the short term leasing options, because many discount codes have time restraints.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
They are unlikely to check or even care. Enterprise 5% off codes are a dime a dozen. You might even be able to do better with a different code.

Also note that I don't think the free upgrade applies outside of the U.S.
thanks for you reply.

do you know of a different code?

the most discount I find is 5% off.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:05 am

thanks for you reply.

do you know of a different code?

the most discount I find is 5% off.
It really depends on the situation. In some cases 5% may be the best you can do. In other situations, it can be higher. You can check here.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It really depends on the situation. In some cases 5% may be the best you can do. In other situations, it can be higher. You can check here.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, there isn't any discount code for Enterprise on Autoslash website
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:45 am

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there isn't any discount code for Enterprise on Autoslash website
You need to enter a request for a quote to see discounted rates -- www.autoslash.com/quote. What's shown on our coupons page is just a subset of all the discounts we offer.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:46 pm

When booking a National rental car through Ultimate Rewards what category on Ultimate Rewards matches the midsize category on National? Standard or Intermediate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.