Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Have to pick one

Originally Posted by intheair5
I choose to get Delta Frequent Flyer miles for each car rental. I have never seen a free days credit on my Emerald Club Executive account. Any additional benefits for Emerald Club Executive Elite(EEE) Status on earning Frequent flyer miles?
You can have miles or credits, not both.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
A few questions from a Newbie:

I've signed up to the Executive status and I'm not sure how its all working. So for a SFO rental, I book the mid-size option and can choose from any car on the Executive aisle? What if I book a higher category, can I choose from a better choice. Is there an Executive Plus selection?

So for example, if I was looking for a Cadillac, do I need to just book the Premium or Luxury category or are they available in some sort of "aisle"?

Do bookings through regular channels like Expedia permit the tier benefits?
It's called Emerald Reserve Service. Book a Luxury Car...you will be billed the Premium Car Rate for that time period. When you arrive you tell the Greeter you are an Emerald Customer with a Luxury Car Booking. Proceed to the gate and present your DL. CC also if this is your FIRST rental ever.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:15 pm

Hi- New member and my first post here. My company recently switched over from direct travel booking to requiring us to use Egencia.

I have Executive Elite status with National but I don't see an option when booking through Egencia to select Emerald Club. Is there a work around this or is my status for corporate travel essentially gone now?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:11 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by luckynole
Hi- New member and my first post here. My company recently switched over from direct travel booking to requiring us to use Egencia.

I have Executive Elite status with National but I don't see an option when booking through Egencia to select Emerald Club. Is there a work around this or is my status for corporate travel essentially gone now?
I believe you can add all of your frequent flyer/renter/reward program number in your profile, and they get applied automatically when you book. You can confirm this by doing a test reservation and then using the confirmation to look up the reservation on Nationalcar.com. Just remember to remove any letters from the end of your National confirmation number when doing a lookup at their website--it should be numbers only.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:47 am

Are there any general use Alamo free weekend day coupons? Haven't seen any new ones since the last batch expired on 06/30. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Is there anyway to export a national car rental reservation to a calendar?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: MP / Aeroplan
Dear friends,

Anyone know does the BMW 3 series in Germany National comes with GPS or not?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Is there anyway to export a national car rental reservation to a calendar?
On the App you can, look for the calendar icon on top when viewing a reservation.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: DL Humble Silver, Amex plat, Hilton Hhonors Gold,Elite Exec National
WEB SITE PROBLEM?

I have been trying to view my bookings - getting response no bookings. Tried to sign in to the reponse - renter not found.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:35 pm

I have National Emerald Club Executive status. I know if I rent with National, my wife can drive and be covered. If I rent with Enterprise, can she also drive and be covered? TIA.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:32 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Huskiez
I have National Emerald Club Executive status. I know if I rent with National, my wife can drive and be covered. If I rent with Enterprise, can she also drive and be covered? TIA.
Yes, spouses can drive free with Enterprise. You can see a full rundown on additional driver policies on our blog here.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Oct 11, 2016 at 2:01 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg

(#9) Q: Are award days transferrable?

A. "Banked" award days earned through rental credits and deposited in your account are attached to the account and not transferable. Promotional award days, 1-2-Free awards, are issued as unique coupon codes so while technically not transferable, they basically are.
This policy has been updated. You can now transfer up to 3 award days per year that were earned through rental credits. I noticed it while reading the TOS and just gave it a try. There is no way to do this yourself in your account online, but you can email or call customer service. They told me award days can only be transferred to an immediate family member and cannot be transferred back once the initial transfer is made.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:43 am

I have reservations for a one way rental to return down south for a great rate for up to a month, now what happens if i rent a car and then decide that i wont get to that given location?
Thanks!

Last edited by abe11211; Dec 7, 2016 at 10:08 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:20 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You can return the car wherever you want (unless your rental is originating from a franchise location), but the rate will be adjusted accordingly.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:46 am

Has anyone noticed the changes in the Emerald club program?

Effective January 1, 2017
View Emerald Club Program Rules and Conditions (English)

https://www.nationalcar.com/content/...final_2017.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.