Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 11:33 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
So I guess your Executive status is tied to your DL # which is a fantastic feature with National and another reason why I love National.
Agree 100% with this statement. With Ultimate Choice, Hertz has closed a lot of the gap with National, but the ability to still leverage your status on 3rd party prepaid bookings with National is head and shoulders above any other company where you are basically SOL on this type of rental.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:58 pm

As an EE, would I still be able to skip the line at Enterprise?
Old May 31, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by erics2356
As an EE, would I still be able to skip the line at Enterprise?
There is no such thing as skipping the line at Enterprise.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:37 pm

I was recently browsing rental car rates on Orbitz. A message popped up that said because I booked a hotel with them, I can get a discount on certain cars. In one case, they were offering what seemed like a not insignificant discount with Enterprise. Would I still get National credit if I took this?
Old May 31, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I was recently browsing rental car rates on Orbitz. A message popped up that said because I booked a hotel with them, I can get a discount on certain cars. In one case, they were offering what seemed like a not insignificant discount with Enterprise. Would I still get National credit if I took this?
If it was a pay-later (pay-at-the-counter) type of reservation, then maybe. If it was a prepaid reservation then probably not. In either case, you'd have to give them your Emerald Club member number at the rental counter since there is no way to apply it on Orbitz.com. Additionally, not all Enterprise locations participate in this program. Exceptions can be found here.

All of that said, I'd be surprised if the rate through Orbitz was any lower than can be found elsewhere. In our experience, they don't tend to have rates that are all that great. Feel free to PM us and we'll see if we can do better for you.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:00 pm

I routinely book through Chase UR and have always stopped at the counter. The folks behind the desk often ask me whether I am EC and are confused when I tell them that I am but that I still need to check in with them -- that is, until they open up my reservation and see that I prepaid through a third party. I have never been told, after checking in at the counter, that I did not have to do so in the future, but I'll be sure to ask when I rent this weekend. I should also note that the one time I booked through Chase and tried to grab and go, the booth agent told me I had to go back and check in at the counter (in fairness, I was also driving a car that should have been a paid upgrade but the attendant in the lot said I could take it for free).

The other thing I should note is that there is indeed an option to add your EC number to the reservation when booking through Chase: When adding your personal information, there is a box for "Car Loyalty Program" or something like that. But I don't know if it ends up making as a difference, as I've always added it to my reservations and still have to check in at the counter.

Regardless, even if I book through Chase UR, I have never had a problem picking from the Executive aisle.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by juhlee
I routinely book through Chase UR and have always stopped at the counter. The folks behind the desk often ask me whether I am EC and are confused when I tell them that I am but that I still need to check in with them -- that is, until they open up my reservation and see that I prepaid through a third party. I have never been told, after checking in at the counter, that I did not have to do so in the future, but I'll be sure to ask when I rent this weekend. I should also note that the one time I booked through Chase and tried to grab and go, the booth agent told me I had to go back and check in at the counter (in fairness, I was also driving a car that should have been a paid upgrade but the attendant in the lot said I could take it for free).

The other thing I should note is that there is indeed an option to add your EC number to the reservation when booking through Chase: When adding your personal information, there is a box for "Car Loyalty Program" or something like that. But I don't know if it ends up making as a difference, as I've always added it to my reservations and still have to check in at the counter.

Regardless, even if I book through Chase UR, I have never had a problem picking from the Executive aisle.
I'm almost certain that the "Car Loyalty Program" box does nothing on the Chase UR website. It's easy enough to check. Just add your EC# and then login to your EC profile at Nationalcar.com and see if the reservation shows up. I'd be extremely surprised if it did. I don't think that box is "wired up to anything" so-to-speak on the National side based on what I've been told.

All of that said, some folks here have been successful in skipping the counter on a Chase UR reservation even without their EC# applied since it's apparently tied to your driver's license which they can look up at the booth. Worth a shot on your next rental. Please do report back on your experience. Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Yeah, adding your EC number in the Car Loyalty Program box does nothing. Your reservation will not show up under Future Reservation in National website.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
I'm almost certain that the "Car Loyalty Program" box does nothing on the Chase UR website. It's easy enough to check. Just add your EC# and then login to your EC profile at Nationalcar.com and see if the reservation shows up. I'd be extremely surprised if it did. I don't think that box is "wired up to anything" so-to-speak on the National side based on what I've been told.

All of that said, some folks here have been successful in skipping the counter on a Chase UR reservation even without their EC# applied since it's apparently tied to your driver's license which they can look up at the booth. Worth a shot on your next rental. Please do report back on your experience. Thanks!
Yeah, didn’t mean to suggest it synced your booking with National’s website — just noting that the box was there

In any event, I checked in at the counter at LAX with a Chase UR booking and confirmed that, at least with this location, I had to do so (consistent with my previous experiences, I had to initial and sign and all that). I did confirm that my EC number was on the res but I presume that’s because it’s linked to my DL and not because the Car Loyalty Program box did anything, though I forgot to ask about that.

Also, when I tried to leave the lot, I gave the gate agent only my DL, and she asked if I had the rental paperwork from the counter. So, pretty sure that at least with LAX, you have to check in at the counter first with a third-party booking.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
When booking through an OTA and want to use your status/Aisle, is the best practice to book midsize and up, as you would normally on the National site?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:06 pm

Just did a reservation with my Emerald account, I don't have any credit card on file so I have to go to the counter right?

If I add a Credit card on file later on, will I be able to skip the counter and go to Emerald Aisle directly? what happened if there's no show will they charge my Credit card?

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
Just did a reservation with my Emerald account, I don't have any credit card on file so I have to go to the counter right?
If you don't have a credit card on file, you will probably need to go to the counter to add one, but I believe you can also do so at the exit booth I believe.

[QUOTE=ecgz88;29881167]If I add a Credit card on file later on, will I be able to skip the counter and go to Emerald Aisle directly? what happened if there's no show will they charge my Credit card?

Yes, and if you no-show, there won't be any charge. Your reservation will automatically cancel eventually without any charges posting.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:14 pm

Anybody know how to fix this error? It is saying credit card guarantee needed. Well, I'm not getting anywhere. Credit card is selected, but it won't go through to completion.
I think there is supposed to be a popup but even if I turn off the pop-up blocker it isn't working (firefox).
Short of calling in, anybody know any workarounds?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know how to fix this error? It is saying credit card guarantee needed. Well, I'm not getting anywhere. Credit card is selected, but it won't go through to completion.
I think there is supposed to be a popup but even if I turn off the pop-up blocker it isn't working (firefox).
Short of calling in, anybody know any workarounds?
Is this Alamo.com or some other site?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Is this Alamo.com or some other site?
National. Their old website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.