Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:39 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Have you tried a different web browser? How about their mobile site or the National app? What about the beta National site?

As a fallback, you can use Priceline. It lets you add your Emerald Club member number plus coupons and discounts on the confirmation page (or just use AutoSlash to search for the lowest rate).
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Hi, through a recent job change I became Enterprise Gold by renting for 41 days. Unfortunately the company booking platform had only allowed to rent through Enterprise and not through National and I did not know that I could have linked a National Emerald Club number to the Enterprise bookings.

I am interested in renting cars to test different models just for fun over the weekend from time to time in DFW or preferrably DAL. The Executive aisle probably would have been a good and inexpensive way to realize this but I don't have the Executive status. Is there any way I could benefit from my Enterprise status when renting with National? I guess some sort of status match is not possible since they are part of the same company. I did not use any of the two upgrade vouchers from the Gold status, maybe I could try and ask if they can reset my Enterprise status and upgrade my National status to Executive (I know this sounds kind of crazy ).

Or would you know of an alternative approach when renting with Enterprise but still being able to choose from a number of different cars?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
You can choose to get rental credit with the National Emerald program when renting thru Enterprise. Just put your National membership number instead when renting a car.

I would still try to request a status match with National. Also, look at your credit cards, whether business or personal, if you have any that says Visa Signature or World Elite MasterCard or Amex Plat, you can get complimentary Executive status with National.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Can I access the national emerald benefits if I book via a 3rd party website? thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:20 am

Just to close the loop here, I can confirm that if you book a prepaid rental through a 3rd party website (AutoSlash, Chase UR, etc) you can access your National Emerald Club benefits. A member of our team tested this exact scenario with National at the Orlando Airport (MCO) a few weeks ago by reserving an Intermediate car and pulled a Jaguar F-Pace SUV from the Emerald Executive Aisle (he had Emerald Executive status) and he was able to drive straight to the exit gate and the gate agent associated his Emerald Club member number right there based on his driver's license. To confirm, his Emerald Club member number was not associated with his reservation ahead of time.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:37 pm

To add another data point that me be different than what AutoSlash just said.

I booked via Chase Ultimate Rewards points for a fullsize SUV. Picked up the car with no issue (but HNL is not a gated/aisle location, have to get keys from the counter.

BUT when I tried to add a 2nd driver, the agent said that it will cost extra because 3rs party booking does NOT confer any Emerald Club member benefits! She did waive the fee in the end but said I have to book through National directly to get all the EC benefits....

Just FYI....
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:46 pm

So here's the question and I appreciate your help. I am looking to book cheapest car with National at IAH as I have Executive Elite status with them. Chase portal shows lowest price is for a mini van! Can I book minivan and still get access to whatever I want on the aisle? Or minivan is kinda different than mid size reservation?! TIA
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by mohclev
So here's the question and I appreciate your help. I am looking to book cheapest car with National at IAH as I have Executive Elite status with them. Chase portal shows lowest price is for a mini van! Can I book minivan and still get access to whatever I want on the aisle? Or minivan is kinda different than mid size reservation?! TIA
You should be able to take a minivan or anything from the aisle with a minivan reservation.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You should be able to take a minivan or anything from the aisle with a minivan reservation.
Thanks AutoSlash! You have always been helpful ~.~
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:45 am

My company will only allow me to reserve a Standard-class vehicle. I think this is one class above midsize. Will I still be able to go to the Emerald Aisle when I get to DFW and select a different vehicle from there, or will I need to keep the car they assign to me? I am just a base Emerald Club level member.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by crashvt2003
My company will only allow me to reserve a Standard-class vehicle. I think this is one class above midsize. Will I still be able to go to the Emerald Aisle when I get to DFW and select a different vehicle from there, or will I need to keep the car they assign to me? I am just a base Emerald Club level member.
No problem. Standard is one class above intermediate (midsize) so you'll be eligible to pick from the Emerald Aisle when you arrive.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Just to close the loop here, I can confirm that if you book a prepaid rental through a 3rd party website (AutoSlash, Chase UR, etc) you can access your National Emerald Club benefits. A member of our team tested this exact scenario with National at the Orlando Airport (MCO) a few weeks ago by reserving an Intermediate car and pulled a Jaguar F-Pace SUV from the Emerald Executive Aisle (he had Emerald Executive status) and he was able to drive straight to the exit gate and the gate agent associated his Emerald Club member number right there based on his driver's license. To confirm, his Emerald Club member number was not associated with his reservation ahead of time.
This has been my experience as well, at least at LGA on two occasions. Booked through the Chase UR portal, chose something from ES, drove up to the gate, handed the rep my DL, the slip, and my EC card, the rep tapped on the computer for about 15 seconds, and I was good to go.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:34 am

Maybe some of the frequent renters here know this already, but it was a new one to me.

I thought I was getting a good deal with prepaid fuel on a one-way rental. The offer at pickup (IAD) was $2.62/gal, and I knew from gasbuddy that the gas stations near the drop-off (SEA) were about $3.05/gal.

I looked closer at the rental agreement receipt and saw that the fuel charge was also hit by the "Concession recovery fee 11.11%" effectively making the gas $2.92/gal.

Since I returned the car empty, I guess I still saved some money, but not as much as I had thought.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by whistler814
Maybe some of the frequent renters here know this already, but it was a new one to me.

I thought I was getting a good deal with prepaid fuel on a one-way rental. The offer at pickup (IAD) was $2.62/gal, and I knew from gasbuddy that the gas stations near the drop-off (SEA) were about $3.05/gal.

I looked closer at the rental agreement receipt and saw that the fuel charge was also hit by the "Concession recovery fee 11.11%" effectively making the gas $2.92/gal.

Since I returned the car empty, I guess I still saved some money, but not as much as I had thought.
Right--any fees that are a percentage of the total get levied against the fuel charge so you're effectively paying significantly more for the fuel that you would have at the pump which negates any and all savings. It's a bad deal any way you slice it.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
OK I had experienced booking National via Chase UR and the ability to pick from the ES. All I had to do was provide my EC membership info and no problem whatsoever.
Thanks to AutoSlash, I found rates $30 less for my one-way rental using my BJ's membership. The car is booked through Priceline.
Those of you who have booked through Priceline, were you able to select EA cars without any issues? A small SUV would've been better than my full size car for our 4 checked luggage, 2 carry-on and 2 backpacks
Thank you.
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Oct 25, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.