Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MP, SW Companion Pass, National ES
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

One was so epic that about 5 of us just stopped to watch mom and dad have a huge fight over how cheap Dad was.

I have also posted what I have seen on the aisle on here and I do not always see bigger vehicles.

I would have a back up unless you want to be the provider of entertainment when your wife lets you have it for being cheap ( it was great fun to watch and the big problem.. Spring Break! National didn't have anything to give this family even if the agent had wanted too!)
Ha! I'm cheap, but also reasonable! With no cancellation fees on rental cars it's no sweat at all to have a back-up reservation and we certainly will do that, but will very likely give it a chance that we score a nice vehicle in the EA/ES area.

Thanks for all the help on this
Old May 2, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
When I was here a couple of weeks ago I was able to snag a beautiful BMW 640i convertible for an extra $50 per day. Considering the rental was free with OneTwoFree coupons, I didn't mind the extra charge (which was actually discounted down from $100 per day).

I had back to back 3-day rentals, so when I returned it I asked to keep the same car for the second rental. They even knocked down the charge to $40 per day.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, National EE
Mon. 5/1 A Side
Exec:
1x Grand Cherokee
1x Ford Explorer Sport
3x Chevy Suburban
1x Dodge Ram
1x Chrysler 300
2x Ford Expedition
1x Chevy Impala
1x GMC Yukon
3x BMW X3
1x Mustang GT Conv.

The most X3s I've ever seen at once on the aisle.

EA had a mix of Hyundai Santa Fe, Buick Verano, Dodge Journey and Ford Fusions

Last edited by jcfla; May 2, 2017 at 11:19 am Reason: Aisle clarification
Old May 3, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Originally Posted by jcfla
Mon. 5/1 A Side
Exec:
1x Grand Cherokee
1x Ford Explorer Sport
3x Chevy Suburban
1x Dodge Ram
1x Chrysler 300
2x Ford Expedition
1x Chevy Impala
1x GMC Yukon
3x BMW X3
1x Mustang GT Conv.
Wow, that's a great selection. The only one of those cars I see at my local Executive aisle is the Impala. Would love to try the Explorer Sport or the Mustang GT.

I'm going to MCO around 4th of July. Will the selection be anything close to this during the high-season of July?
Old May 22, 2017, 3:10 pm

Friday 5/19 5 PM A Side
Nothing exciting. Lots of SUVs including one Tahoe. One Maxima etc. They had a couple of Audi's on the upgrade "option" so I stopped to ask. Agent didn't know how much they were, didn't have the keys and abandoned me to help people find their aisle twice. So I went over to B.

B had a couple of Cadillac's and the same Audi SUV that was an "upgrade" on A. So I took it.

Didn't see minivans on either aisle but did see a lot of midsize SUVs.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Picked up on Saturday, May 20th, around 8:15 PM on the B-side.

What I recall of interest that was available on the ES aisle:

1 BMW X3 (what we took)
1 Audi Q5
1 Ford Explorer Limited
1 Grand Cherokee (didn't notice trim level)
1 Jeep Wrangler 2 door hardtop
1 Chrysler 300
1 Chevrolet Impala (new style/Premium)

Some other less exciting and/or smaller cars and SUV's, 20 vehicles total at the most. There was absolutely nothing on the Emerald Aisle, so I guess even if you weren't Executive you would have chosen from the ES (?). No minivans, no very large SUV's (a Buick Enclave was taken as we approached along with a second BMW X3).
Old May 26, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jore
Flying in to Orlando Thursday next week and wondering what's my changes to score some decent convertible (Mustang for example) from the Emerald Executive aisle?
Selection was pretty poor that day but the gentlemen at the area offered me first 300C then Infinity QX70 or Challenger from the premium lot. Although Infinity would have probably been better I went with Challenger since haven't driven one before. Good experience altogether.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Picked up late on a Sunday night. ES had a nice selection of vehicle types (mini-vans, pickup trucks, SUVs, sports cars, and sedans).
ES
-1x F-150
-2x Ram 1500 (Big Horn Editions)
-2x Dodge Grand Caravan
-2x Dodge Challenger (both yellow in color)
-2x Ford Fusion (one was a Hybrid)
-1x Ford Edge (Titanium)
-1x Nissan Maxima
-a bunch of large Chevy sedans, which I didn't pay close attention to (none were LTZ)

EA (just a few vehicles I found noteworthy)
-2x Dodge Grand Caravan
-1x Kia Optima
-1x Jeep Renegade Limited
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:13 am

What luxury cars do they typically have here? Will be here at the end of the month. Do also have a backup aisle res if there's nothing I like
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:54 am

I will be here Wednesday night... Really curious what is usually here for luxury cars.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I will be here Wednesday night... Really curious what is usually here for luxury cars.
IMHO this location is pretty bad for premium and luxury. The "aisle" for premium is three spaces for example. While they deny this I think they hide all the good stuff over on the Alamo Aisle so you may have to ask to be directed over there (and prepare to be treated rudely by Alamo. At least one of the attendants is in the wrong profession!)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
IMHO this location is pretty bad for premium and luxury. The "aisle" for premium is three spaces for example. While they deny this I think they hide all the good stuff over on the Alamo Aisle so you may have to ask to be directed over there (and prepare to be treated rudely by Alamo. At least one of the attendants is in the wrong profession!)

That sucks. I have a one day rental at LGA currently as a free day lux and got a Q50 3.0t and didn't have to pay for an upgrade. Guy basically said I could have a pick of the lot. Hmm is jt any better at ATL or Miami? I would have to do a one way from Miami to EWR than go to LGA or something since I can't go to New York city airports directly from Miami.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:07 pm

I got here around 10:30 pm and I had a luxury res so didn't check the EA aisle much but did glance at the ES to see if I rather spend the $200 more for the lux res. Only things of note was a Ford explorer sport, charger SXT and a challenger. I asked what luxury cars they had since the lux national section was empty and the guy brought me over to the Alamo side. The Alamo people didn't have any attitudes and the lady there showed what keys they had for luxury. They showed me a 300c ( no way I would pay $200 more for a 300c), audi q3 ( to small and if I was going to take a SUV I would take the Explorer sport and a Volvo S60. He also stated I could take a BMW 430i and probably would of if I wasn't driving up the coast with suitcases. The Volvo is nice. Brand new with 8 miles on the clock and isn't barebones either. Has the package with BLIS and the visual gauge cluster. Is a 2018 model and I'll write a ride report within the week.

Probably would of taken the Explorer if it wasn't for the fact of gas mileage. I averaged 14 Mpg with the base V6 so I would assume worse with the v6 in the sport. To bad would if been a good cruiser up i95 but I'm happy with the s60
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I got here around 10:30 pm and I had a luxury res so didn't check the EA aisle much but did glance at the ES to see if I rather spend the $200 more for the lux res. Only things of note was a Ford explorer sport, charger SXT and a challenger. I asked what luxury cars they had since the lux national section was empty and the guy brought me over to the Alamo side. The Alamo people didn't have any attitudes and the lady there showed what keys they had for luxury. They showed me a 300c ( no way I would pay $200 more for a 300c), audi q3 ( to small and if I was going to take a SUV I would take the Explorer sport and a Volvo S60. He also stated I could take a BMW 430i and probably would of if I wasn't driving up the coast with suitcases. The Volvo is nice. Brand new with 8 miles on the clock and isn't barebones either. Has the package with BLIS and the visual gauge cluster. Is a 2018 model and I'll write a ride report within the week.

Probably would of taken the Explorer if it wasn't for the fact of gas mileage. I averaged 14 Mpg with the base V6 so I would assume worse with the v6 in the sport. To bad would if been a good cruiser up i95 but I'm happy with the s60
I am doing this same trip in September (Orlando to CT). How long did it take you from MCO to New York? And do you remember what was available from the Emerald Aisle?
Thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by giulianobv
I am doing this same trip in September (Orlando to CT). How long did it take you from MCO to New York? And do you remember what was available from the Emerald Aisle?
Thank you!

I've went down to Miami since that was where I really wanted to go but I couldn't do a one way to NY only to EWR so I decided to go to MCO. MCO to Miami is around 3 hours. I'm actually driving back now and I left Miami on Wednesday and getting back to New York today ( Friday for perspective) I drove from Miami to Savannah. Than to the Washington DC area. Than to new York. I stopped along the way for gas, bathroom and food.

From the EA or ES? I have never use the EA so I tend to skip it but I doubt it would be any different than anywhere else from the likes of mid size cars, full size cars and a few compact suvs if you're lucky. The ES was still your typical stuff and the only thing of note that I saw was 1 Nissan Maxima SV and. FORD explorer sport.

Honestly I would see the luxury rate because for me it was only $200 more and you could get something nice. Also just have a Full size rental as a backup for the aisle if you do find something good there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.