Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar
With a keyless system, if a customer leaves the key in their pocket and runs to catch their flight, the employees can still move the car around as long as they don't shut it off. Once it's parked and shut off, though, it's going to sit there until they either recover the key or get a new one made. (May not hold true for all makes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSxubcxxXS4

Happened to me once. I got out of the car for some reason but left it on. After a while I realized I lost they key. Luckily I kept it out cause I was on my way to return it.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by rtch92
was the mustang and the new 2018 body style?

Sorry...not up on the mustang styles/years...looked very new, though.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:32 pm

Does anyone know if there is anyway to rent a car from the Executive aisle if I'm just a regular Emerald Club member? I'd love to drove an XTS, Audi, or Infiniti for the week if there is a way to do so. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:21 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You can always ask a lot attendant, unless they're pressed for inventory I'd say you have a fair shot of getting something a little nicer. I would suggest not doing a self-upgrade though (just going to the Executive area and taking something) as that could result in a hefty upcharge at the gate.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by beijosTiffany
Does anyone know if there is anyway to rent a car from the Executive aisle if I'm just a regular Emerald Club member? I'd love to drove an XTS, Audi, or Infiniti for the week if there is a way to do so. Thanks!
Many national locations are too lazy to mark on the hangtag where the car is from (or even put on hangtags these days). So the guy at the gate has no idea where you got the car from.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by beijosTiffany
If it's a busy weekend, National locations are known to tell people to choose whatever is available. But I'm not sure how likely that is at MCO.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:23 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by xienon
Many national locations are too lazy to mark on the hangtag where the car is from (or even put on hangtags these days). So the guy at the gate has no idea where you got the car from.
At least at many of the locations I frequent the hangtag isn't being marked, but agents now have lists of vehicle classes that are on reservation only. Usually the lot attendants have them in the booth or on their person. It changes every day. So if you self-upgrade into one of those classes, they'll know at the gate that you didn't get it from the EA/ES, regardless of whether there is a hang tag or not.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dwbf11
At least at many of the locations I frequent the hangtag isn't being marked, but agents now have lists of vehicle classes that are on reservation only. Usually the lot attendants have them in the booth or on their person. It changes every day. So if you self-upgrade into one of those classes, they'll know at the gate that you didn't get it from the EA/ES, regardless of whether there is a hang tag or not.
The problem with the original question was that the poster assumed LCAR's and GXAR's are available on the Exec area regularly. It's been a long time since I've seen a premium German car on the aisle, only the X3 promotion comes to mind.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:09 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by dwbf11
So if you self-upgrade into one of those classes, they'll know at the gate that you didn't get it from the EA/ES, regardless of whether there is a hang tag or not.
I was at CLT talking to a manager a few weeks ago when a woman self-upgraded herself from a compact to a Range Rover and made a beeline for the Gate. The manager freaked out, radioed inside to make sure the counter agent hadn't assigned anyone the Range Rover (which is how I learned that she was on a compact reservation), then was on the phone ASAP with the gate agent to make sure she wasn't stupid enough to let it out of the gate (his words, not mine).

The woman was trying to convince the gate agent that she needed an SUV and the gate agent told her to go back and select one from the Executive or Emerald Aisles. The manager said that after that stunt, she'd be getting nothing but a compact.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:57 am

Picked up from the B side Emerald Aisle on Wednesday at 5PM. Both aisles were completely full. Emerald had 4 or 5 minivans, a bunch of small SUVs (Escape and Santa Fe models) and loads of normal sedans. Looked at a 3 vehicles and each were over 10,000 miles (one nearing 20,000) when a new Fusion hybrid was pulled in. 2,000 miles on the odometer. Nice ride and great fuel mileage for trip to Daytona and back.

There was a Camaro in the exec aisle, but I don't know what trim level it had. Considered requesting it to see if they'd throw me an upgrade but was eager to get on road so stuck with the Fusion.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Was there today. Packed garage for both aisles (Alamo too fwiw). Managed an XC90 off Executive which is a unicorn for me. Camaro RS convertible, small Infiniti sedan, XTS, mustang, really a bit of everything except no other large SUV’s which I feel like are always there. Had attendants circling and replacing as soon as another car was taken. Best selection I’ve seen in a while, don’t usually rent on Mondays from here so that could be a reason.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Emerald Club, Hhonors, Rapid rewards
I have a luxury SUV reserved for tomorrow - does anyone know what I’m likely to get? Does National have any 2018 Navigators yet? Any tips or suggestions for when I arrive? Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:23 pm

Just left MCO and B side had a ton of cars. Here are a few I can remember:
At least 5 Camaro RS hardtop and convertible.
Audi crossover
3 Chrysler 300's
2018 Mustang convertible
Lincoln mkz
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Ford Edge Titanium
Ford Flex
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Drathen
I have a luxury SUV reserved for tomorrow - does anyone know what I’m likely to get? Does National have any 2018 Navigators yet? Any tips or suggestions for when I arrive? Thanks
tip? Be nice and beg. I’ve only seen a few but wouldn’t expect to see one in the regular “luxury” section so I’d be prepared for an up charge. Hopefully I’m wrong, please let us know what you get.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:23 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for the collective wealth of information you've accumulated here, it's really great.

I'm a basic EA scrub and don't rent a ton, but am always up for upgrading to something interesting when I do. I don't mind paying something for an upgrade, but would hope to get a deal. Me my wife and two toddlers will be in MCO for a Thurs-Sun trip in mid March, probably arriving late evening.

Any advice for how to finagle a decent upgrade, either to ES or perhaps even something luxury/premium? I'd probably be shooting for a well-appointed sedan, fun coupe, pickup truck, or if nothing else is available a nice SUV or van. We have a Ford Flex at home and would just want something different than normal. Related questions I have:

- It would seem from reading here that you have a better shot to upgrade on the lot rather than consulting with the counter. Would you agree?
- I'm booking on a corporate contract rate, not sure if that matters.
- Is it effective to negotiate, say by offering to prepay for gas, to get help on an upgrade?
- What range of upgrade prices have you seen on window placards for the premium upgrades? Are they all $50 or $100 a day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.