Cars at MCO

Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:10 pm

I’ve had 5 MCO rentals over the last 2 months. 4 of the 5 times the Executive section was loaded with nice cars. I don’t remember the models, but there were BMWs, Audis, tons of Cadillacs. One Lincoln MKZ. Camaros, Chargers, Challengers, 300s. Flex’s, Durangos, etc.

Best selection I’ve ever seen. Even the Emerald Aisle had a decent selection of Chargers and the like.
Closingracer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:36 am

Ive had 5 MCO rentals over the last 2 months.
If you remember, what side did you mostly rent from?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:11 am

Grabbed from B side around 8 a.m. Dec. 26. Exec had tons of XTSes and Camaros, a few Santa Fes, and one QX70 that had a cone on top that said "no key." Grabbed an XTS with 400 miles on it.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by kmag320
If you remember, what side did you mostly rent from?
Originally Posted by benmo99
Grabbed from B side around 8 a.m. Dec. 26. Exec had tons of XTSes and Camaros, a few Santa Fes, and one QX70 that had a cone on top that said "no key." Grabbed an XTS with 400 miles on it.
What sides are you referring to? I have a rental at MCO coming up. Are there two garages or something?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by m907
What sides are you referring to? I have a rental at MCO coming up. Are there two garages or something?
Yep. Earlier in the thread, theory was that B side had better selection.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by benmo99

Yep. Earlier in the thread, theory was that B side had better selection.
Interesting. So there's a B garage and an A garage?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by m907
Interesting. So there's a B garage and an A garage?

Yes depends on your airline. I flew in with Jetblue and it was on side B. Another time I flew in I flew with American and it was Side A ( or vise versa I forgot). You can use either side though for a res.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Independent
MCO is a huge terminal building (all pore security, that is). When you arrive you arrive, you take a tram from the satellite gates to the main terminal. The trams arrive at the end of a long main terminal building. Each airline is assigned a side, so say you arrive by American. American is on the "A" side, so to get your luggage, you walk to the "A" side and go down one level to get your luggage, then one more flight down to the rental car counters. From there you cross the street to the huge garage, where the rental cars are found.

Some people feel that the "B" side garage tends to have better cars. So once they pick up their luggage, they head back upstairs, cross over to the "B" side, and go down to the rental car level on that side to get a car. The rental agency doesn't know what side you came in on, and if you don't have checked luggage it really doesn't make a difference.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:46 am

Landed 12/16, wife and I split up. She took A side and I went B side. A side had nothing good. B side executive had a large selection including an Infiniti and an Audi crossover and a couple 6 cylinder Camaros. I asked the worker walking the aisle if he had a Camaro SS. He then walked by Alamo, moved some stuff around, and pulled up in a brand new SS. 1 month old, 300 miles.

There were quite a few cars on both sides with signs on them that said 'no keys'. The worker said that the keys have been lost due to the customers. I don't know if I believe it because if a customer kept a key upon return, how did the workers get the cars to the aisle. Curious if anyone else knows about the no key thing.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:26 am

Sounds like B has the better Executive selection, but is there a difference between sides for the Emerald Aisle?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Arrived at MCO B side around noon on December 26. Exec aisle was full.
Saw a nice Mustang convertible but we decided to go with the Cadilac XTS with 3 miles and loads of new car smell.
Passed a Lincoln MKX and an Audi Q3 on the way out.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:08 pm

Coming into MCO next Wednesday night. Need a vehicle with seating for 6, preferably a large SUV or minivan if no large SUVs are available. What are my odds of getting something like this from Emerald Aisle or Emerald Exec?

I have a booking with Hertz PC right now but I recently got a status match with National so want to give it a try. Should I keep my Hertz booking or test my luck with National?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:21 am

was the mustang and the new 2018 body style?
Originally Posted by IzzyL
Arrived at MCO B side around noon on December 26. Exec aisle was full.
Saw a nice Mustang convertible but we decided to go with the Cadilac XTS with 3 miles and loads of new car smell.
Passed a Lincoln MKX and an Audi Q3 on the way out.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:21 am

any confirnations that MCO has new 2018 body style mustangs?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by kmag320
Landed 12/16, wife and I split up. She took A side and I went B side. A side had nothing good. B side executive had a large selection including an Infiniti and an Audi crossover and a couple 6 cylinder Camaros. I asked the worker walking the aisle if he had a Camaro SS. He then walked by Alamo, moved some stuff around, and pulled up in a brand new SS. 1 month old, 300 miles.

There were quite a few cars on both sides with signs on them that said 'no keys'. The worker said that the keys have been lost due to the customers. I don't know if I believe it because if a customer kept a key upon return, how did the workers get the cars to the aisle. Curious if anyone else knows about the no key thing.
With a keyless system, if a customer leaves the key in their pocket and runs to catch their flight, the employees can still move the car around as long as they don't shut it off. Once it's parked and shut off, though, it's going to sit there until they either recover the key or get a new one made. (May not hold true for all makes)

Closingracer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.