Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:25 am

Picked up Friday, June 30 around 7 PM. (B side) ES had one Infinity Q50 (that I took) a couple of Buicks, a Nissan, a couple of large SUVs. EA had your basic cars, one mini van and a couple of trucks!

Upgrade options were the Audi sedan and Corvette convertible.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I've went down to Miami since that was where I really wanted to go but I couldn't do a one way to NY only to EWR so I decided to go to MCO. MCO to Miami is around 3 hours. I'm actually driving back now and I left Miami on Wednesday and getting back to New York today ( Friday for perspective) I drove from Miami to Savannah. Than to the Washington DC area. Than to new York. I stopped along the way for gas, bathroom and food.

From the EA or ES? I have never use the EA so I tend to skip it but I doubt it would be any different than anywhere else from the likes of mid size cars, full size cars and a few compact suvs if you're lucky. The ES was still your typical stuff and the only thing of note that I saw was 1 Nissan Maxima SV and. FORD explorer sport.

Honestly I would see the luxury rate because for me it was only $200 more and you could get something nice. Also just have a Full size rental as a backup for the aisle if you do find something good there.
Thank you for your prompt answer!
I refer to the Emerald Aisle (someday I will get to the executive status!!).
One question though: if I do not see any car that suits my needs in the Emerald Aisle, can I request a car from the executive aisle?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Another question: has anyone seen a Chrysler Pacifica available at the aisle?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by giulianobv
Thank you for your prompt answer!
I refer to the Emerald Aisle (someday I will get to the executive status!!).
One question though: if I do not see any car that suits my needs in the Emerald Aisle, can I request a car from the executive aisle?

Officially you can't if you want to not pay extra and also depends on the car and the managers there. If you say see a Ford fusion on the executive aisle which I've seen in the EA aisle and the manager let's you maybe but otherwise you would have to pay for an upgrade.

As far as the Pacifica I have rarely seen it in the executive aisle.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by giulianobv
Another question: has anyone seen a Chrysler Pacifica available at the aisle?
Saw a handful of Pacificas on the executive selection in early June.

We grabbed a Ford Flex, one of my favorite rentals.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:52 am

4 July 2017

Came in at midnight to Terminal B. ES had a few trucks, Ford Fusion titanium, hyundais, minivans, explorers, impalas, and what I took a 2017 Lincoln Navigator with New Jersey plates that seems to be a higher trim level than the Navigator I rented in December. Has every option I saw on the Lincoln website
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:42 am

Any advice is appreciated. I've got a first family trip (4) to Disney this fall (flying Southwest). So I've just recently gotten access to the Emerald Aisle (Citi Prestige) and would like to try it out. The problem is the one week reservation at Enterprise is $393 for a mid size. Hotwire has a full size for $245. I've put the Enterprise reservation into autoslash to warn me for changes to rebook a lower rate. I'd like to get a mini-van but its' not a must. My gut says to take the hotwire rate and just deal with the full size car. I'm going to wait it out, but if anyone has suggestions on strategy, I'd be grateful.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by _Square_
Any advice is appreciated. I've got a first family trip (4) to Disney this fall (flying Southwest). So I've just recently gotten access to the Emerald Aisle (Citi Prestige) and would like to try it out. The problem is the one week reservation at Enterprise is $393 for a mid size. Hotwire has a full size for $245. I've put the Enterprise reservation into autoslash to warn me for changes to rebook a lower rate. I'd like to get a mini-van but its' not a must. My gut says to take the hotwire rate and just deal with the full size car. I'm going to wait it out, but if anyone has suggestions on strategy, I'd be grateful.

Enterprise or national? Enterprise has no aisle and you'll get a Full size car and maybe an upgrade. If it's national and I assume you mean you got executive with the citi prestige card? You can find a mini van on the aisle perhaps but YMMV. If you're an executive you could probably find one or a Ford explorer or similar sized crossover. As far as a full size cars it will be a Hyundai sonata, Ford fusion, Toyota camery, kia optima and chevy Malibu. I'm not sure about Mazda 6 but if you can find one it will be a full size car (?). I would honestly get at the very least a Standard SUV or a mini van if you have a family if four and luggage to boot unless your children's luggage is light.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:38 pm

Enterprise or national? Enterprise has no aisle and you'll get a Full size car and maybe an upgrade. If it's national and I assume you mean you got executive with the citi prestige card? You can find a mini van on the aisle perhaps but YMMV. If you're an executive you could probably find one or a Ford explorer or similar sized crossover. As far as a full size cars it will be a Hyundai sonata, Ford fusion, Toyota camery, kia optima and chevy Malibu. I'm not sure about Mazda 6 but if you can find one it will be a full size car (?). I would honestly get at the very least a Standard SUV or a mini van if you have a family if four and luggage to boot unless your children's luggage is light.
:facepalm: Sorry, hadn't had my caffeine yet. Yes, I meant National. Thanks for your input.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:01 am

So I rebooked a National full sized through Priceline for $309 (down from $393). I put my Emerald # into the booking so I assume all my benefits for the Executive aisle are still intact. I've read through a few other threads on flyertalk and there doesn't seem to be 100% consensus but they seemed confident as long as the sight you booked through let you put your Emerald Club # in, things would be ok.

Last edited by _Square_; Jul 27, 2017 at 7:32 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by _Square_
So I rebooked a National full sized through Priceline for $309 (down from $393). I put my Emerald # into the booking so I assume all my benefits for the Executive aisle are still intact. I've read through a few other threads on flyertalk and there doesn't seem to be 100% consensus but they seemed confident as long as the sight you booked through let you put your Emerald Club # in, things would be ok.
There's a spot on Priceline where you can expand and see the contract and coupon codes Autoslash is using. Those can then be copied over to National to get very similar rates, or even better if you have a good contract through a cc or work.
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
I don't know if this is the best place for this, but it probably is. Our family just took a vacation to Orlando, and we flew into Melbourne. Because it is such a small airport, there is no aisle.

We had to go to the counter, show DLs, and then get the reservation. For the record, we didn't have ES, only EA access (This trip put us over the top).

The person at the desk then gave us a choice of basically every non-specialty car on the lot. Most were standard Full-Size cars, but some notables were an Impala LTZ, Nissan Murano, and a Chrysler 300C. We had a lot of bags, so we ended up taking a Jeep GC Limited.

I totally recommend MLB for people without ES access.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:57 am

Enterprise or national? Enterprise has no aisle and you'll get a Full size car and maybe an upgrade.....

I have an upcoming res with Enterprise in October. The way I read the above quote is that I will be assigned a car at the counter; is that correct? I'd really like to choose my own car from an aisle. Do I need to rent from National to do that?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:59 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Yes. Enterprise does not have the pick your own car option nor does it have the variety/upgrades (i.e., book full size, get SUV from the aisle). You may be allowed to pick from the reserved class, but that'd be about it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Yes. Enterprise does not have the pick your own car option nor does it have the variety/upgrades (i.e., book full size, get SUV from the aisle). You may be allowed to pick from the reserved class, but that'd be about it.

Thanks for the answer! I think I'll make the switch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.