Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
I've seen that before as well, I think it's just a bug in the booking system resulting from the fact they still have two codes for Luxury - LCAR and LDAR. (The latter being 2/4 door).

In reality the available class is LCAR and none of the vehicles in this class are Coupes.
Wonder if its worth trying to regrade to the Mustang again. Dunno if thats even possible.

Edit - I can amend the reservation back to a Mustang online.

Further Edit - Any idea what spec the ATS's and what engines they have available?

Last edited by scottca; Aug 5, 2015 at 4:51 pm Reason: added info
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scottca
Wonder if its worth trying to regrade to the Mustang again. Dunno if thats even possible.

Edit - I can amend the reservation back to a Mustang online.

Further Edit - Any idea what spec the ATS's and what engines they have available?
I got a 2.0L Turbo last time. Base model. No nav, but it had a backup camera. Pretty basic.
However, there are 2.5L and the 3.6L floating around too.

Honestly, I haven't seen an ATS in a while. From what a branch manager told me, they are moving them to the Exotic division of Enterprise.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
I got a 2.0L Turbo last time. Base model. No nav, but it had a backup camera. Pretty basic.
However, there are 2.5L and the 3.6L floating around too.

Honestly, I haven't seen an ATS in a while. From what a branch manager told me, they are moving them to the Exotic division of Enterprise.
What do they have in place of them?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
That would be a bit weird, there isn't really anything exotic about a 4 cylinder ATS. It only just really passes for a regular LCAR let alone an 'exotic'.

Every ATS I've had has been a 2.0T in base trim, which is fine really. There are a few 2.5's kicking around which are the real joker in the pack, that engine has no place in a 'Luxury' car.

Last edited by Foxtbh; Aug 6, 2015 at 5:15 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:09 am

[QUOTE=OrangeCountyCommuter;25220473]Last time I was there it looked like a Dukes of Hazard convention.. Challengers EVERYWHERE (and I hate the things)

Thanks for the reply. What side were you on, A or B?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I haven't had as much luck getting 2.0T ATSs... every time I've got one it's been a 2.5L. The increase in the number of 300/300C and improvements in trim of Azera and Avalon has me going PCAR more than LCAR these days anyway.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:19 am

Those 2.5's are a nightmare, they lull you into a false sense of security if you see an ATS on the aisle and they stop you being able to confidently tell an attendant 'Yea, if you've got an ATS somewhere that'll be fine'.

You seen a CTS anywhere recently, IsleOfMan?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by mkt
Nah, in Metrowest. I own a condo there.

RXAR
Looks like palms club. I own a condo there.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I drove a 3.6 ATS recently from Sixt. Does national have these?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Just picked up a F150 XLT with about 4,000 miles on it from the ES. I am curious though, if I wanted to switch it out for something else, would I just go to the rental car drop-off and tell them I want to maintain the same contract, just switch to a different vehicle. Will I be pressed for a reason? Or can I switch out as much as I'd like?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Just picked up a F150 XLT with about 4,000 miles on it from the ES. I am curious though, if I wanted to switch it out for something else, would I just go to the rental car drop-off and tell them I want to maintain the same contract, just switch to a different vehicle. Will I be pressed for a reason? Or can I switch out as much as I'd like?
I did this once, in that case the rear tires where kind of worn so I told them that I didn't feel safe driving the truck. As I have been told National will generally do curtisy swaps. Just make sure to tell them not to close the contract when you pull up at the return line.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:34 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by energydj
Looks like palms club. I own a condo there.
Not far at all. I'm at Crestview.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 1:38 pm

Anyone getting a car from Alamo @ MCO soon? Would you care to take some photos of the Premium and Luxury row?

That would be great. Many thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by cha211
I did this once, in that case the rear tires where kind of worn so I told them that I didn't feel safe driving the truck. As I have been told National will generally do curtisy swaps. Just make sure to tell them not to close the contract when you pull up at the return line.
I did this last time I was there when I made the error of taking a Chrysler 200. I just told them it was the WORST driving car I have EVER had and I was not driving it anymore... they just sent me back to the aisle, picked up something else ... no problem.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Picked up a Ford Escape today. This location is probably my least favourite location as it caters to families so 90% of the cars are all minivans. They had 2 sedans, 200 and Altima base. Had to wait 5mins for Escape and Explorer to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.