Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by kmag320
Where was the manager that you spoke to? I would like to know for an August rental.
He was actually on the Alamo side, and that's where he gave me the car from.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
He was actually on the Alamo side, and that's where he gave me the car from.
And don't count on getting him. National once sent me to Alamo because I had a Premium reservation and the "aisle" (AKA as three spaces) was empty. The jerk over there would not give me a car because "you have to have paperwork from there, you can't just walk over here and take a car"
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:28 am

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but I've been looking at options to rent at MCO and I'm tempted by 'Sporty - Dodge Challenger or similar' - does anyone have any experience of what the different cars are in this class and what exact model? As it is one of the most expensive types of vehicle to rent for the time I'm looking at, but I'd be really disappointed to get a base Challenger as it is almost $400 more for the 2 week period than a luxury (Cadillac XTS or similar)!

An alternative was hiring a different class (interested in Standard SUV) and looking at upgrading when at the desk - has anyone done this? I'm not a huge fan of the GMC Terrain, is this what is normally offered at MCO?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by andrew84
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but I've been looking at options to rent at MCO and I'm tempted by 'Sporty - Dodge Challenger or similar' - does anyone have any experience of what the different cars are in this class and what exact model? As it is one of the most expensive types of vehicle to rent for the time I'm looking at, but I'd be really disappointed to get a base Challenger as it is almost $400 more for the 2 week period than a luxury (Cadillac XTS or similar)!

An alternative was hiring a different class (interested in Standard SUV) and looking at upgrading when at the desk - has anyone done this? I'm not a huge fan of the GMC Terrain, is this what is normally offered at MCO?

Thanks in advance
Pretty sure the only other option in Sports is the Camero SS.
Standard SUV might get you a Chevy Equinox or my favorite Grand Cherokee Limited (comes pretty loaded)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Cars classified as Standard Sport I had recently: V6 Camaro, V6 Challenger, VW GTI, Mini Countryman

If Luxury is cheaper, I'd go for that. You have a pretty good chance of getting a 3 series or a Q50. Standard sports are usually just placed on the aisle.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by xienon
Cars classified as Standard Sport I had recently: V6 Camaro, V6 Challenger, VW GTI, Mini Countryman

If Luxury is cheaper, I'd go for that. You have a pretty good chance of getting a 3 series or a Q50. Standard sports are usually just placed on the aisle.
In Orlando?

You have a pretty good chance of getting an empty aisle and having to find someone to help you who may or may not be actually helpful. After all when Your "aisle" is three spaces LOL!

This was the location where I was told they don't put out Luxury because "you executive folks want to self- upgrade too much"
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:13 pm

I am executive status but I can get a full size at Alamo for $190 less for 2 weeks. Would you guys spend the extra $ and take the executive aisle or just get the fullsize at Alamo?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:09 am

Hi !!!

In the next 2 weeks I will be in Orlando and Miami, I would like to know what can I expect to find in the executive aisle?

Thank you
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by kmag320
I am executive status but I can get a full size at Alamo for $190 less for 2 weeks. Would you guys spend the extra $ and take the executive aisle or just get the fullsize at Alamo?
Only you can answer that. If you don't need anything bigger than a fullsize or if you don't need the rental credit; then I would choose Alamo in your case if the savings were substantial.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:54 pm

Monday morning

I flew in at 1030 AM to terminal B and found the usual explorer limiteds, a couple expedition limited, 4x4 crew cab 1500, mustang, and buicks in the Executive aisle. As I walked back to take an expedition, a brand new 2017 Cadillac XTS was pulled up. I got this car with 577 miles on it. Best find I've had on the Executive aisle
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Originally Posted by Gunterindiana
I flew in at 1030 AM to terminal B and found the usual explorer limiteds, a couple expedition limited, 4x4 crew cab 1500, mustang, and buicks in the Executive aisle. As I walked back to take an expedition, a brand new 2017 Cadillac XTS was pulled up. I got this car with 577 miles on it. Best find I've had on the Executive aisle
Wow. Lots of nice finds but you hit the jackpot!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz Gold, virgin Atlantic, British Airways
I have a luxury rental at Mco in November - Cadillac XTS or similar can you tell me what the similar cars are likely to be
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Stevedfly
I have a luxury rental at Mco in November - Cadillac XTS or similar can you tell me what the similar cars are likely to be
I hope you like Infiniti.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz Gold, virgin Atlantic, British Airways
Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
I hope you like Infiniti.
The Infinity is a nice car but I was hoping they might have a BMW/Mercedes/Lincoln Continental
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Stevedfly
The Infinity is a nice car but I was hoping they might have a BMW/Mercedes/Lincoln Continental
You won't get a BMW or Mercedes. Might get a Lincoln MKZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.