Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Thanks!

Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld
PS=Premier Selection. Luxury Cars can be found here for a /day upcharge. Its for anybody on any reservation.
Got it.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:02 am

Picked up a car last Tues, 11/24, around 930A on the B side. B side had a lot to choose from but was the usual suspects, they did have a Charger and a couple of Challengers, 300, minivans, SUVs... I decided on a Challenger b/c I wanted to say I drove a Challenger.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Anyone have experience at MCO with getting them to connect two contracts without having to actually return to the location?

I have a 4-day rental coming up, Thurs-Sun. Would like to use a 12F day for the first day, then apply a free weekend day coupon to the Friday-Sunday portion. But, I'd of course prefer to not have to go back to the airport.

I know it's always YMMV based on the station manager at the time, so just looking for a general feel of whether MCO is one of the locations with managers who will usually do that for you.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Originally Posted by gooselee
Anyone have experience at MCO with getting them to connect two contracts without having to actually return to the location?

I have a 4-day rental coming up, Thurs-Sun. Would like to use a 12F day for the first day, then apply a free weekend day coupon to the Friday-Sunday portion. But, I'd of course prefer to not have to go back to the airport.

I know it's always YMMV based on the station manager at the time, so just looking for a general feel of whether MCO is one of the locations with managers who will usually do that for you.
I have tried. I tried calling a couple of times on different days to see if they would just do it over the phone, but no go. I had to actually go to MCO. However they did not have to scan the vehicle. They did everything right at the counter.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mobil11030
I have tried. I tried calling a couple of times on different days to see if they would just do it over the phone, but no go. I had to actually go to MCO. However they did not have to scan the vehicle. They did everything right at the counter.
Thanks for the feedback. Likely not worth the hassle for us, then. The car is only $32++/day split across four of us and we're not staying that close to the airport.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:20 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I have not seen this anywhere before, when up at MCO (B) tonight...

Exec selection had a nice mix of midsize SUVs, a Grand Cherokee, some boring sedans, a few Buicks, but right next to each other...Four BRAND NEW gigantic GMC Yukons. All four white--looked like a fleet of government cars. Since I had time, I compared them--all four had exactly 6 miles on them. They all still had writing and stickers on the tires.

I didn't really want anything THAT big, but I liked the features inside, it is comfortable, and I've never driven a car with so few miles on it, ever. My last new cars bought had a few hundred miles in test drives on them!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I have not seen this anywhere before, when up at MCO (B) tonight...

Exec selection had a nice mix of midsize SUVs, a Grand Cherokee, some boring sedans, a few Buicks, but right next to each other...Four BRAND NEW gigantic GMC Yukons. All four white--looked like a fleet of government cars. Since I had time, I compared them--all four had exactly 6 miles on them. They all still had writing and stickers on the tires.

I didn't really want anything THAT big, but I liked the features inside, it is comfortable, and I've never driven a car with so few miles on it, ever. My last new cars bought had a few hundred miles in test drives on them!
I rented on the 23rd and they had at least 3 NEW Buicks with only 8 miles on them. I ended up with a Mustang with only 300 miles on the B side. I know what you mean, I was really tempted on the Buick b/c of the miles
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Florida just got a sh*t ton new cars. First time since after 9/11 that I've been getting cars with almost NO miles on them. 2 rentals at MCO this year have had *7* miles on them. No joke!

(however, don't get me started on the horrible problems at Tampa if you land after 7PM.. 2nd time I've had to "abandon" my National reservation because all they had for EE's were trucks, minivans, or sports cars (North side had *3* cars total at 930PM last night). Sorry, I just want a Sedan. Counter reps refused to give me a car from Alamo or Enterprise, so I went to Hertz (PC) and got a Chrysler 200.)
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Florida just got a sh*t ton new cars. First time since after 9/11 that I've been getting cars with almost NO miles on them. 2 rentals at MCO this year have had *7* miles on them. No joke!

(however, don't get me started on the horrible problems at Tampa if you land after 7PM.. 2nd time I've had to "abandon" my National reservation because all they had for EE's were trucks, minivans, or sports cars (North side had *3* cars total at 930PM last night). Sorry, I just want a Sedan. Counter reps refused to give me a car from Alamo or Enterprise, so I went to Hertz (PC) and got a Chrysler 200.)
Great news! I'm headed to MCO next week with 3 others, so a nice new Buick or Tahoe or something would be awesome.

We have a Mustang fanatic in our crew who would love one of those, but alas, the passenger space would be...tough.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
I rented on the 23rd and they had at least 3 NEW Buicks with only 8 miles on them. I ended up with a Mustang with only 300 miles on the B side. I know what you mean, I was really tempted on the Buick b/c of the miles
Every time I land at MCO and want a Mustang (even if I had to pay differences in cost) they always tell me they don't have any. Last time I was at MCO was early Nov 15, I did end up with a Fusion with 7 miles on it. There were a ton of pick ups, which I don't recall ever really seeing on the aisle esp at MCO. There were your typical Altimas, Impalas, etc. Being a somewhat frequent renter- I just wanted a change of pace.

They did offer me a Camaro for $99 upgrade from the Alamo stock- but I declined. I was only in and out for a weekend- came in Th evening and fly out Monday morning- so it wasn't worth it for me. Plus I like Mustangs better
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:34 pm

I picked up Wednesday (2/3) and there was plenty to choose from on the A side....

(4x) Cameros
(2x)Suburbans
(2x) Tahoes
(2x) Buick Enclaves

I ended up taking a 2016 Buick Enclave with 3 miles on it. Brand new...still had a good amount of plastic on the inside.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:33 am

Where is best to pick up a car on the executive aisle, terminal A or B? Going in a Saturday Morning around noon ...August ...
What I might have to pick?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Fila79
Where is best to pick up a car on the executive aisle, terminal A or B? Going in a Saturday Morning around noon ...August ...
What I might have to pick?
August? Anyways, the short answer is I think they are pretty even but total selection will depend on inbound flights so if you're bored I'd check out both sides. As far as what to expect, the usualCommon: Charger, Challenger, Impala, Captiva, Equinox, minivan. Less Common: Tahoe, Grand Cherokee, Maxima (cloth), Altima. You're likely to get something with leather but I haven't seen any hidden gems in quite a while.

I went by there on the B side this evening. Basically I see very similar cars between Emerald and Executive now which is why I pretty much stopped using them for the last year or two but it looks like my corp has moved back to Enterprise/National so unless I can get better rates on Avis I'll be here more often.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Saturday 5/7 ~noon B side.

ES
- Yukon SLT
- GC limited
- 2x Edge Titanuim
- Charger 1x base, 2x SXT, 1x R/T
- 2x Durango Limited
- Buick verano
- Taurus Limited
- Camaro hardtop '16
- Impala LT (new body)
- 4Runner

Really wasn't paying attention to EA
- Fusion Titanuim
- Couple of Jeep Renegades
- Few Compass/Liberty
Old May 10, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
Ok, I have wrestled with how to get what I want on this for a while. I am renting a car at MCO that my son-in-law to be and daughter will drive away from their wedding in. He would prefer a muscle car. As I find them to be cramped with small windows, I have never wanted one! Perhaps that's why I feel like there is always a glut of them!

As Exec, I have almost always been able to ask for the car I want if I didn't see it. Having said that, I have pretty much always asked for either a large SUV or a minvan.

I can have my son rent the car as a regular member (saving me a couple hours) or I can rent it. How much would I hurt my chances of getting the challenger if I have my son rent the car?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.