Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
Going in March on a weekend, so prime spring break season. I will need something with 7 seats. Minivan, SUV, whatever. Catch is that I'm using 12F days so restricted to an ES reservation.

In the event that there's nothing big enough on ES/EA, is the $30/day UG pretty standard at MCO? Happy to pay that on top of my 12F vs. the ~$80/day+tax to make an ER reservation, IF there is some degree of regularity that they are offered.
Giving this a bump.

Though based on mapelle621's report, maybe I should just wander around and hope that that Suburban shows up on ES when I arrive.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Giving this a bump.

Though based on mapelle621's report, maybe I should just wander around and hope that that Suburban shows up on ES when I arrive.
Gooselee, I'd still make 2 reservations if I were you to be safe. This is the first time I've seen anything with more than 5 seats on the ES at MCO. It probably helped that I picked up at an odd time. Good luck!

I'd expect that for peak spring break season, all the larger vehicles will be set aside on the reserve or for upgrade, especially at MCO
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mapelle621
Gooselee, I'd still make 2 reservations if I were you to be safe. This is the first time I've seen anything with more than 5 seats on the ES at MCO. It probably helped that I picked up at an odd time. Good luck!

I'd expect that for peak spring break season, all the larger vehicles will be set aside on the reserve or for upgrade, especially at MCO
Thanks. I've got some thinking to do, I guess. Right now even with my corporate rate (which I'm able to use for leisure travel), SUVs and minivans are going for $300+ for the weekend. At that point, I'll just pay for cabs for everyone.

When you were there, were they still offering the $29 minivan upgrades? I'd be more than happy to pay that to UG from my 12F aisle reservation.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Thanks. I've got some thinking to do, I guess. Right now even with my corporate rate (which I'm able to use for leisure travel), SUVs and minivans are going for $300+ for the weekend. At that point, I'll just pay for cabs for everyone.

When you were there, were they still offering the $29 minivan upgrades? I'd be more than happy to pay that to UG from my 12F aisle reservation.
I didn't ask so I couldn't say, but a moot point at that time as there was a T&C (Chrysler town and country) on the ES. Certainly for 300+, it would be cheaper to just get 2 vehicles for the weekend if you don't get a 7+ seater on the ES or as an upgrade.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:18 pm

Just picked up on this past Saturday morning. Went to A side with family in tow. on executive aisle: 3 tahoes, 2 suburbans, 1 grand Cherokee, 2 pathfinders, 1 Camry, 3 town and countries, and a Passat. I took a 2015 traverse ltz with 400 miles on it from the executive area. Wasn't able to go to the b side to take a look.

Emerald had smaller suv's (compass, etc) dodge caravans, and a few jettas. Nothing worth looking at.

Wanted to take a Tahoe, but insurance on Amex platinum would cover anything....
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:50 pm

Last Wed, 2/4 mid-day.

ES - B Side had half a dozen Suburbans, 1 Traverse, a plethora of Sonatas, 2 Fusions (1 Titanium), a 15 Camaro, a 14 and 15 Mustang, 1 14 and 15 Charger. Took the 15 Charger with 26 miles on it. Seemed to be the SE, based on the equipment. Very nice ride for me, v-6 pulls seemingly endlessly.

Did not check A.

Today on return, around noon:
ES - B Side

2 T&C's
4 Suburbans
2 Pathfinders
2 '14 Chargers
1 15 Challenger
5 Sonata's
1 Expedition
3 Ram 1500's (2 with hemi's and one was 4x4)
2 Avalon XLE's
3 Camry's
1Equinox

A Side had -

5 '15 Chargers
3 '15 Challengers
More Sonatas and Camry's
1 200
1 '15 300
Only 1 Suburban
Couple of Equinox's

There was a Maserati on both sides in premium, along with 4 new Vettes on each side as well.

Last edited by cbissonette; Feb 12, 2015 at 3:46 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Asiana Club Silver
as a newbie to National, having been a member with Hertz for an absolute age id just like a little advise please?

I am over in Orlando at the end of this year and again in April Next year and have always been a fan of the Dodge Ram.

A. Do National have the Dodge ram 1500 or 2500?
B. Do they have 1500's with the Hemi engines?
C. Never thought about it but is the leg room in the back of a quad cab ok for a couple of kids? Ive always been the driver and never sat in the back of one.

Also what versions do they have? Big Horn or just standard?

Thanks

OZ-Fan
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:28 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by OZ-Fan
as a newbie to National, having been a member with Hertz for an absolute age id just like a little advise please?

I am over in Orlando at the end of this year and again in April Next year and have always been a fan of the Dodge Ram.

A. Do National have the Dodge ram 1500 or 2500?

Yes, both, though 2500s are exceedingly rare.

B. Do they have 1500's with the Hemi engines?

Yes.

C. Never thought about it but is the leg room in the back of a quad cab ok for a couple of kids? Ive always been the driver and never sat in the back of one.

Kids will be fine. Adult friends won't like you.

Also what versions do they have? Big Horn or just standard?

SLT and Big Horn models.

Thanks

OZ-Fan
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:57 pm

From experience the rear legroom in the Ram 1500 is sufficient for adults. Not sure about long trip, but for trips around town my backseat passengers have never complained in a 1500.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:57 am

Anyone have an idea of how much an upgrade to the new corvettes is going for recently?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Last time I was there, tag said $100/day but I was offered $75/day. Ended up getting one for $75/day at the WDW station when switching cars (combining 12F days and regular free days).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lucked out last week. I had a ES reservation on 12F coupons that I was prepared to pay for an upgrade out of as I needed a 7-passenger vehicle to cart friends around for the weekend.

ES on B side had a black Suburban LTZ sitting right up front. Made a beeline for it and didn't even look at anything else. Lot was VERY full on a Friday evening. Seemed like there were lots of Suburbans/Tahoes sitting around across Alamo and National, plenty of midsize SUV type things on ES/EA, and the usual assortment of sedans. It appeared that ALL minivans were in that section and none on the aisles.

The Suburban ended up being very nice. First time I'd gotten one with a sunroof. Only 2500 miles on it, heated/vented seats, working Nav and XM. Interestingly, this is the first one I've gotten with captains chairs in the middle row, giving it only 7 seats. The others I've gotten are LTs with the full middle row and 8 total seats.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I couldn't find another thread that seemed appropriate, but someone feel free to move if there's a better place for this question.

Using my last 12F coupon to do a one-way from MCO to National Cape Canaveral (which is really down in Cocoa Beach). I'm seeing mixed (and mostly old) threads on DISBoards, Cruise Critic, etc. regarding whether this location provides a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Any FTers with more recent experience about getting from this location to the port? It looks like a 3-mile ride, so I'm guessing worst case I'm looking at a ~$20 cab ride?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
I couldn't find another thread that seemed appropriate, but someone feel free to move if there's a better place for this question.

Using my last 12F coupon to do a one-way from MCO to National Cape Canaveral (which is really down in Cocoa Beach). I'm seeing mixed (and mostly old) threads on DISBoards, Cruise Critic, etc. regarding whether this location provides a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Any FTers with more recent experience about getting from this location to the port? It looks like a 3-mile ride, so I'm guessing worst case I'm looking at a ~$20 cab ride?
There is frequent shuttle service between that location and the port. Have used it quite a few times
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vuelos
There is frequent shuttle service between that location and the port. Have used it quite a few times
Good to know, thanks!

Just to clarify, it's a free (tip the driver) shuttle from National? Or some sort of local Cocoa Beach bus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.