Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FarAway
Ok, I have wrestled with how to get what I want on this for a while. I am renting a car at MCO that my son-in-law to be and daughter will drive away from their wedding in. He would prefer a muscle car. As I find them to be cramped with small windows, I have never wanted one! Perhaps that's why I feel like there is always a glut of them!

As Exec, I have almost always been able to ask for the car I want if I didn't see it. Having said that, I have pretty much always asked for either a large SUV or a minvan.

I can have my son rent the car as a regular member (saving me a couple hours) or I can rent it. How much would I hurt my chances of getting the challenger if I have my son rent the car?
If he rent's the exact model, he can get it but of course at a higher cost.
Can he get exec status through one of the countless credit cards that offer it?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Thursday 5/19 about 1pm

I took a Fusion SE w/ sunroof but the selection on the EA wasn't anything interesting. Malibu, Impala, Altima, etc. and there were a few of the smaller Jeep SUVs. Nothing that really stood out.

On the Executive Aisle there were a couple of Chargers, a Challenger, and a few of the larger SUVs (not talking a Tahoe but something more like a Equinox or something similar). Unfortunately I'm not an executive member.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:48 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mapelle621
Saturday 5/7 ~noon B side.

ES
- Yukon SLT
- GC limited
- 2x Edge Titanuim
- Charger 1x base, 2x SXT, 1x R/T
- 2x Durango Limited
- Buick verano
- Taurus Limited
- Camaro hardtop '16
- Impala LT (new body)
- 4Runner

Really wasn't paying attention to EA
- Fusion Titanuim
- Couple of Jeep Renegades
- Few Compass/Liberty
We were there the same day about two hours later ... the Yukon was gone or I probably would have taken that, but there were lots of good options on the ES for my family, several Avalons, a Genesis, a Traverse or two that I noticed and we took a Buick Enclave, along with the more typical stuff you describe. I don't recall if there were minivans, but there were several seven passengers SUV options (the Enclave with captains chairs worked well for us).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:01 pm

I was at MCO recently on a Thursday night. It was late (midnight) so I didn't spend much time looking around but noticed two BMW 328i sedans in the Executive Aisle. I rented the one with less than 1500 miles. The other one had about 10,000 miles. By the time I was headed to the exit, another traveler had grabbed the other BMW.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:42 pm

Anyone got any recent views on Executive Aisle Minivans/SUVs? Traveling next week and while plenty of experience solo, this time I'll be with family in tow.

Arriving Sat afternoon so wondering if I need to do the double reservation thing to secure something large.

D
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:52 am

Heading there this Wednesday evening, I will try to report shortly after. I have never had an issue getting a minivan from ES here as that is what I always take. I have not gone here in June, but this past end of Jan, ES was mostly minivans and it had a few Tahoes. Hoping to get a Tahoe or full size SUV this time. I do not recall ever seeing a minivan on EA here the times that I have gone.

Anyone know what kind of cars have been on the Premier line lately?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:29 am

Thanks Scotty

Originally Posted by ScottyG77
Heading there this Wednesday evening, I will try to report shortly after. I have never had an issue getting a minivan from ES here as that is what I always take. I have not gone here in June, but this past end of Jan, ES was mostly minivans and it had a few Tahoes. Hoping to get a Tahoe or full size SUV this time. I do not recall ever seeing a minivan on EA here the times that I have gone.

Anyone know what kind of cars have been on the Premier line lately?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:37 am

I have seen at least one royal meltdown at MCO when the family bringing everything they own found only cars on the aisles and needed an minvan/large SUV (or a moving van) At busy family seasons it's highly unlikely to see minivans and SUVs are hit or miss IMHO.

If you really need an SUV/Minivan I would have a back up reservation. The time I saw the meltdown the attendant had just told the family they couldn't even upgrade as the car class they needed was fully booked.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:33 pm

How do you avoid a no show fee on the second reservation if you have two?

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I have seen at least one royal meltdown at MCO when the family bringing everything they own found only cars on the aisles and needed an minvan/large SUV (or a moving van) At busy family seasons it's highly unlikely to see minivans and SUVs are hit or miss IMHO.

If you really need an SUV/Minivan I would have a back up reservation. The time I saw the meltdown the attendant had just told the family they couldn't even upgrade as the car class they needed was fully booked.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by lochdaz
How do you avoid a no show fee on the second reservation if you have two?
There is no , no show fee ....
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:02 am

Picked up on B side last night around 6:30. ES was beyond lean (EA was all cars and didn't look). I had my choice of (3) explorer limited's, a Durango, and 2 traverses. I did see 2 grand caravans and a charger towards end of the aisle on way out. No Tahoe or yukons. Agent said because of all going on in Orlando, the amount of press coming in on top of existing reservations took a lot of their stock. Wouldn't discount any of the premiers as I wanted a full size suv. If she would have, I would have taken the A8L. Ended up with a '16 explorer limited.....I even waited a bit to see if anything was pulled in, but nothing....could have been worse, but not what I was hoping for.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:36 pm

Picked up Friday 6/17 around 4 PM side A.

No large SUVs or Minivans on either Executive or Aisle. Several smaller SUVs. Hyundai's) Basic Sonatas etc... Overall selection was very sparse. I took a Cadenza which was only so so....
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:38 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ScottyG77
Picked up on B side last night around 6:30. ES was beyond lean (EA was all cars and didn't look). I had my choice of (3) explorer limited's, a Durango, and 2 traverses. I did see 2 grand caravans and a charger towards end of the aisle on way out.
You and I have very different definitions of 'beyond lean'.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I was here last week and was underwhelmed by Executive aisle. They were all boring sedans or minivans. But they had tons of premium and luxury cars for upgrade. I asked if I could have one of those (BMW, Audi, etc) given how boring the aisle was. The aisle attendant said it would be an extra $100 per day but that her manager might be able to do something. I asked the manager who just said, "I can give you this BMW here". I appreciated that he recognized the poor Exec selection and allowed me a nicer car. It was a '16 BMW 328i with 1500 miles...nice ride.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I was here last week and was underwhelmed by Executive aisle. They were all boring sedans or minivans. But they had tons of premium and luxury cars for upgrade. I asked if I could have one of those (BMW, Audi, etc) given how boring the aisle was. The aisle attendant said it would be an extra $100 per day but that her manager might be able to do something. I asked the manager who just said, "I can give you this BMW here". I appreciated that he recognized the poor Exec selection and allowed me a nicer car. It was a '16 BMW 328i with 1500 miles...nice ride.
Where was the manager that you spoke to? I would like to know for an August rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.