Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:27 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I'm flexible on planning when I'm arriving so here is the million dollar question.

Should I be able to get a full size truck on a Thursday/Friday afternnon or Sunday night?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fintheman
I'm flexible on planning when I'm arriving so here is the million dollar question.

Should I be able to get a full size truck on a Thursday/Friday afternnon or Sunday night?
A truck? Like a pickup? Less than 0.0001% - as in not going to happen. I've never see a pickup truck at this location, and if they had one, it wouldn't be sitting out on the aisle.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:19 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
A truck? Like a pickup? Less than 0.0001% - as in not going to happen. I've never see a pickup truck at this location, and if they had one, it wouldn't be sitting out on the aisle.
Odd, always some at BNA. Looks like that plan may be in the can unless a Suburban/Tahoe or another larger SUV are out.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Arrived around 1115p on Apr 10 - I didn't get a clear look at the EA, but there was one Prius (very rare for Florida) and some smaller cars, but ES had pretty much nothing but Malibus and Impalas except:

1. Volvo SUV - was going to take it, but Sirius was already out
2. 3 base 300s
3. a Camry and Fusion SE
4. a few other midsize odds/ends

When I walked up, there was a Kia sedan that someone was already in, which I suspected was a hybrid (which I would have taken), but it was grabbed first. I requested a Fusion Hybrid or a Avalon, but nothing was available (although the nice attendant from the Alamo side who I drove a little crazy found me a Fusion, but it was not a hybrid).

Another Exec customer was poking around for something nice, and a different Alamo attendant let him take a Grand Cherokee from the Alamo area - there were two Infiniti SUVs and 2 BMW SUVs along with a BMW and Mercedes C sedan, and an Infiniti sedan at Alamo, as expected, and I probably could have requested one of the Infiniti SUVs if I asked the right person, but they were FX models (not EX) and I didn't feel like paying for the extra gas - so - as usual, I ended up in one of the 300s which almost new and delivered 35mpg back to Boca.

If the station policy was to allow ExecElite members (especially regulars like me who rent 75+ days a year from there) to request and receive a reasonable selection from the Alamo goodies, it wouldn't be so bad that everything nice is always held there for upsell.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by bocastephen
arrived around 1115p on apr 10 - i didn't get a clear look at the ea, but there was one prius (very rare for florida) and some smaller cars, but es had pretty much nothing but malibus and impalas except:

1. Volvo suv - was going to take it, but sirius was already out
2. 3 base 300s
3. A camry and fusion se
4. A few other midsize odds/ends

when i walked up, there was a kia sedan that someone was already in, which i suspected was a hybrid (which i would have taken), but it was grabbed first. I requested a fusion hybrid or a avalon, but nothing was available (although the nice attendant from the alamo side who i drove a little crazy found me a fusion, but it was not a hybrid).

Another exec customer was poking around for something nice, and a different alamo attendant let him take a grand cherokee from the alamo area - there were two infiniti suvs and 2 bmw suvs along with a bmw and mercedes c sedan, and an infiniti sedan at alamo, as expected, and i probably could have requested one of the infiniti suvs if i asked the right person, but they were fx models (not ex) and i didn't feel like paying for the extra gas - so - as usual, i ended up in one of the 300s which almost new and delivered 35mpg back to boca.

If the station policy was to allow execelite members (especially regulars like me who rent 75+ days a year from there) to request and receive a reasonable selection from the alamo goodies, it wouldn't be so bad that everything nice is always held there for upsell.

thats fll airport for you they greedy like that instead of serving executive elite members like me and you that rent over 100+ days a year they rather upseel those rentals than offer it to people like us.go to miami airport instead and beleive me everything they upsell at fll they have it at the executive aisle there and if you don't see it the greeters are super nice to get it for you from alamo or in the back getting washed.

Last edited by peteropny; Apr 16, 2013 at 6:15 am Reason: Fix quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
Cars at FLL

Babyboy754, I'm coming in Tuesday at 6, how has selection been looking lately on the ES? Hoping for something nice (Volvo, Infiniti, etc.)
Old May 4, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Car report from 4/24. Arrived around 2p-230p. The only car of note was a Toyota 4Runner in the ES lot. Everything else was what you normally see. I reserved a premium, and they were out. Took a Chrysler T&C instead.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:49 am

May 9 report

Arrived around 4:30 on a Thursday afternoon. Very bland selection at the Exec Aisle. Impalas, Malibus, Chrysler 300s, one mini-van, and a couple of 4 door Korean cars (can never keep the Hyundais & Kias straight). No SUVs, convertibles or anything "fun".
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:30 pm

EA and ES were nearly bare at 10pm Monday night. A couple of Altimas, a Malibu or 2, and a lonely RAV4. I took the RAV4, mainly because I'd rather walk than drive a Malibu or an Altima. There couldn't have been more than 10 cars on the lot.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:26 pm

New chevy impala's guys. They are pxar.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:27 pm

Smile

A few mazda 6's also. They are fcar still. Lol
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by babyboy754
New chevy impala's guys. They are pxar.
What powertrain and trim level, if you don't mind?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:12 pm

Lt V6.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:03 am

Hey guys we have the new kia cadenza's. They are pcar's and some azera's also.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Monday, 8/5 - 0930

ES :

1 x Enclave
2 x Malibu
1 x Camaro
1 x Impala (New)
1 x Impala (Old)
1 x 300
1 x Journey
2 x Fusion
2 x Optima
2 x Maxima
1 x Altima
1 x Camry
1 x Tiguan (13K, FL, expired XM)

EA

1 x 200
1 x Jetta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.