Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:17 pm

Sat 1/3 around 10am
ES:
couple of camaros
F250 (?!)
couple of 2015 chargers (I know they've updated these, but don't know how they are)
couple of challengers
one or two small SUV's, both already claimed
Malibu
Impala LT
One person irately berating the greeter complaining that a Malibu is not a full sized car, and that he needed something more like an Impala which is a full sized (which the greater obviously pointed out is a premium now). In principal, I'd agree with him, but his attitude towards the greeter wasn't any way to get any help from someone. (By that point, the Impala wasn't available to him, since this argument was taking place right in front of it, with me sitting in it ).

Took the Impala, which I think actually turned out to be the 4 cylinder version, which I hadn't seen at National before (I'm basing that on gas mileage and the lack of V6 badge, never popped the hood to actually look).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:27 pm

Picked up on Monday, 29-Dec .... location was nearly empty (Christmas holiday) with a small handful of cars in exec and aisle. They were assigning non-EA folks cars in the executive, so I just took one there, which were two brand new Dodge Challengers, of which I took one. Quite happy with that for the day.

The rental car shuttle however was bloody awful, on return it was packed, totally disorganized boarding and clusterf getting on/off the bus. Not National's fault, but FLL's.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
WED night 7pm. About 10 vehicles in both EA/ES combined. 3 pickups, 2 Rav 4, a sonata, an Altima, a Passat. Pathetic. If it wasn't for ONE TWO FREE and my upcoming vacation, I would have went to Sixt. I don't need to qualify for status due to AMEX platinum.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I picked up on a Sunday afternoon and the aisle was basically empty. 1 Acadia, 1 Town and Country, and 1 Mustang convertible. They were working on restocking but I headed straight to the Mustang and didn't wait around.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by piper28
Sat 1/3 around 10am
ES:
couple of camaros
F250 (?!)
couple of 2015 chargers (I know they've updated these, but don't know how they are)
couple of challengers
one or two small SUV's, both already claimed
Malibu
Impala LT
One person irately berating the greeter complaining that a Malibu is not a full sized car, and that he needed something more like an Impala which is a full sized (which the greater obviously pointed out is a premium now). In principal, I'd agree with him, but his attitude towards the greeter wasn't any way to get any help from someone. (By that point, the Impala wasn't available to him, since this argument was taking place right in front of it, with me sitting in it ).

Took the Impala, which I think actually turned out to be the 4 cylinder version, which I hadn't seen at National before (I'm basing that on gas mileage and the lack of V6 badge, never popped the hood to actually look).
I noticed last year the Impala is now Premium. It really should be full-size, but National has a lot of cars in the wrong category.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
I noticed last year the Impala is now Premium. It really should be full-size, but National has a lot of cars in the wrong category.
I felt the same when they first started popping up, but a '14+ Impala, even a 2LT, isn't a horrible PCAR (especially as plentiful are they are on ES)... the Maxima is a far worse PCAR than an Impala. The Impala is rarely my first choice, but I don't have much heartburn when that's the best I can do.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:53 am

I'm still less sold on the 2LT being a PCAR. I'm willing to grant a 2LTZ that status. But it gets even murkier, because I'm pretty sure that one I got from FLL was a 1LT, with a 4 cyl engine.

I'd still take one over a lot of the base model FCAR's though, like an Altima or Sonata.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:50 pm
Original Member

TUE 11PM

Executive
Suburban country. Pick your color and trim (LT vs LTZ). Two explorers, one pathfinder, several pickups, and Ford Expedition, a Santa Fe. Didn't notice any sedans.

Aisle was bare.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by seawolf
TUE 11PM

Executive
Suburban country. Pick your color and trim (LT vs LTZ). Two explorers, one pathfinder, several pickups, and Ford Expedition, a Santa Fe. Didn't notice any sedans.

Aisle was bare.
WED 1230AM (just missed you)

Pretty much as above, but they also had a Grand Cherokee Limited which I almost took because, as expected, although I had a luxury reservation, there was no luxury car set aside for me, nor was there an attendant outside to direct me.

After finding someone, they directed me to the Alamo luxury area where there were two junk Cadillacs (seriously, every Cadillac I've tried at FLL was shaking and dieseling badly like it was used in an offroad race) and a newish MKS which I ended up taking even after being quizzed no less than 5 times by two different people if I really had a luxury reservation, and an attempt to take the MKS away from me and find a lesser luxury car from the National car jockey Needless to say, I'm driving the MKS

Last edited by bocastephen; Jan 14, 2015 at 10:25 am
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
TUE 11PM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
TUE 1230AM (just missed you)
No, you didn't barely miss him/her. Tuesday 1230am is 22.5 hours BEFORE Tuesday at 11pm. Perhaps you meant Wednesday at 1230am?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by photog72
No, you didn't barely miss him/her. Tuesday 1230am is 22.5 hours BEFORE Tuesday at 11pm. Perhaps you meant Wednesday at 1230am?
Good grief, I need to go back to sleep and reboot

I meant WED 1230A - I edited my post.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by bocastephen
WED 1230AM (just missed you)

Pretty much as above, but they also had a Grand Cherokee Limited which I almost took because, as expected, although I had a luxury reservation, there was no luxury car set aside for me, nor was there an attendant outside to direct me.

After finding someone, they directed me to the Alamo luxury area where there were two junk Cadillacs (seriously, every Cadillac I've tried at FLL was shaking and dieseling badly like it was used in an offroad race) and a newish MKS which I ended up taking even after being quizzed no less than 5 times by two different people if I really had a luxury reservation, and an attempt to take the MKS away from me and find a lesser luxury car from the National car jockey Needless to say, I'm driving the MKS
There was a BMW 5er in the Alamo Luxury section when I was there.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:24 am

There was a BMW 5er in the Alamo Luxury section when I was there.
All the BMWs (and there were lots of them) had been moved to the 'specialty' area - only 3 cars (the two trashed Cadillacs and my MKS) were in luxury.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:55 pm
Original Member

Cars at FLL

I think you are right. Was specialty.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:37 am

Didn't pay much attention last week at FLL. Here's what I saw that I can recall:

Chrysler 200
Dodge Challenger
Chevy Malibu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.