Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: United Platinum
Rented this past Monday, picked up around 7pm from the Executive aisle, good selection of SUVS, Full Sized, and a few Chrysler Convertibles...went with the convertible
Old May 15, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: na
monday 5/14 6.00pm

worse service with executive members they refused to give me a avalon and a ford edge limited they had in specialty

EA:10-dodge avengers in every color
1-jeep compass
1-toyota corolla
1-hyundai elantra

ES: 15-dodge chargers in every color
10-ford crown victoria with leather in every color
1-kia optima but it had 30k miles smoked in
1-toyota camry but they refused on that one cuz it was VIP reserved.
2-chevy malibu base model
worse national in florida the service is not good at all.and how they treat executive members like 3rd party citizens.i encountered a out of the country tourist that booked luxury and they had a town car and refused it and ended up getting a brand new 2012 bmw 328i and another guy from here in the states wanted something like they had and they refused him..
Old May 15, 2012, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
FLL is a problem station, often running out of cars. Because it's a shared Alamo/National facility and Alamo's business model is to upsell Joe Shmo into a fancier expensive car, most of the nicer cars are held at the Alamo side for upsells while only a trickle make it to the Exec lane where they get snatched up immediately - total luck of the draw. Last time I was at FLL, I found an almost new beautiful 300 stuffed in a row of Malibus and off I drove in bliss...but I just booked my flight home to PBI specifically for the better National location there.

Having said that, you can get a very unhelpful agent at FLL who doesn't like elite customers (there is a tall guy who usually wears a green National vest and baseball cap in that category) or you might get a very helpful agent who loves to help out Elite customers - your experience varies depending on what's in the aisle and who is the lead greeter.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:37 am

Again, how do many locations apparently still have Panther platform cars in the fleet? Shouldn't these all be out of rotation with National by now?
Old May 16, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG Gold, National Exec, WN A/CP
That's odd as over the last two months, I have gotten nothing but great service from this location. I've had several weekly rentals (as I'm there weekly on a project through next month) and my last 4 rentals on ES have either been a 2012 300 or a 2012 Avalon. It's a total crap shoot what you will get but there always seems to be something I'm ok with.

The other thing that seems to be happening at this location is there is an unwritten rule to get whatever you want by tipping the greeter. I have personally seen this 3 times in the last month. I don't have an issue with it personally because I always seem to get something I'm happy with but think it's funny and think that's why some people are being "denied".

They always ask what I'm looking for and offer to pull it up if available. I guess being there so often has advantages...
Old May 20, 2012, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by jonnychoc
That's odd as over the last two months, I have gotten nothing but great service from this location. I've had several weekly rentals (as I'm there weekly on a project through next month) and my last 4 rentals on ES have either been a 2012 300 or a 2012 Avalon. It's a total crap shoot what you will get but there always seems to be something I'm ok with.

The other thing that seems to be happening at this location is there is an unwritten rule to get whatever you want by tipping the greeter. I have personally seen this 3 times in the last month. I don't have an issue with it personally because I always seem to get something I'm happy with but think it's funny and think that's why some people are being "denied".

They always ask what I'm looking for and offer to pull it up if available. I guess being there so often has advantages...
wow you seen customers tipping agents there? how dirty and slimeballs they are wow.no wonder why that tourist got that new BMW 3 series and the customer from the states was denied.horrible service and the guy was an executive member from national and he also got treated like dirt.also its runned by a new manager there and he was nasty and rude and treats executive members like the toilet,i bet he came from a location up north like jfk or lga.
Old May 20, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
FLL is a problem station, often running out of cars. Because it's a shared Alamo/National facility and Alamo's business model is to upsell Joe Shmo into a fancier expensive car, most of the nicer cars are held at the Alamo side for upsells while only a trickle make it to the Exec lane where they get snatched up immediately - total luck of the draw. Last time I was at FLL, I found an almost new beautiful 300 stuffed in a row of Malibus and off I drove in bliss...but I just booked my flight home to PBI specifically for the better National location there.

Having said that, you can get a very unhelpful agent at FLL who doesn't like elite customers (there is a tall guy who usually wears a green National vest and baseball cap in that category) or you might get a very helpful agent who loves to help out Elite customers - your experience varies depending on what's in the aisle and who is the lead greeter.
i don't blame you.this is the worse florida location.i have friends that land at that airport and they rent out of MIA or PBI cuz they had really bad experience.
Old May 28, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: VAG
No shortage of cars and no problems with staff members when I showed up here on a Thursday afternoon. I was renting from the full-size aisle and had a choice of Camries, Malibus, Altimas, a single Mazda6, and a Charger which was just coming out of the wash and lasted about ten seconds before I grabbed it.

I had a glance at the EA and ES aisles for science, but didn't see anything particularly eye-grabbing except for a single Volvo. I think it was a C30.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wednesday evening around 10p:

EA and ES had about the same selection...a few convertibles, one Volvo wagon (blech), some small SUV-thingies and ES had 1 300 that I took. The rest of the cars looked like Malibus and other crap, although I saw one Charger on the way out.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:45pm

EA was stripped. Just two cars:
Altima
Malibu

On the other hand, ES was well stocked with multiples of most of the following:
Equinox
Avalon
Chargers
CX-9
Murano
Malibu
Camry
Traverse
Journey
Santa Fe
Passat
Impala
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:53 pm

Monday July 9 at 3pm

Emerald - Nothing. Nada. Not a single car.

Executive - one GIANT SUV, one Maxima (stripped), one Camry (stripped), one Malibu.

I asked for anything else - the perpetually unhappy greeter (of 3 present) waved at what was on the aisle, but another greeter who was much friendlier asked me what I wanted - I inquired about a 300 or Avalon and after a quick radio call, an almost brand new 300C fully loaded with Nav and wood trimmed steering wheel showed up, freshly washed.

The nice greeter thanked me for my business (renting there multiple times a month, I would hope so ) and off I went - a happy camper.

As I was setting up my phone and radio, they brought up a few more Malibu/Impalas and one midsize SUV to the Exec aisle.

One issue - when they are low on cars, anyone walking out from the counter (with no status) will be able to choose from what's on either Aisle at the direction or discretion of the greeter - which seriously undermines the exclusivity of the program at this location. If that 300C was on the aisle and Joe No Status Shmo walked out from the counter 10 minutes before I arrived, he would be in that car and I would be standing there waiting for an Impala.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:05 pm

One issue - when they are low on cars, anyone walking out from the counter (with no status) will be able to choose from what's on either Aisle at the direction or discretion of the greeter - which seriously undermines the exclusivity of the program at this location. If that 300C was on the aisle and Joe No Status Shmo walked out from the counter 10 minutes before I arrived, he would be in that car and I would be standing there waiting for an Impala.
Glad you drove out with something you wanted. So to clarify, not only were the ES and EA stripped, but also the regular categorized selection aisles too?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
Glad you drove out with something you wanted. So to clarify, not only were the ES and EA stripped, but also the regular categorized selection aisles too?
National had nothing except what I noted. On the other hand, Alamo was pretty nicely stocked, including a BMW X3, all ready for their classic "upsell" move. This station tends to move the nice or more interesting cars to the Alamo side for upselling and keep the National side heavy with Malibu, Impala, Camry, Jetta, or excess SUV/Minivan stock - sprinkling the odd 300, Avalon, Lincoln, Infiniti or Buick in the mix as a sort of "lottery" system for lucky Elites who walk up at just the right moment.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:22 pm

National had nothing except what I noted. On the other hand, Alamo was pretty nicely stocked, including a BMW X3, all ready for their classic "upsell" move. This station tends to move the nice or more interesting cars to the Alamo side for upselling and keep the National side heavy with Malibu, Impala, Camry, Jetta, or excess SUV/Minivan stock - sprinkling the odd 300, Avalon, Lincoln, Infiniti or Buick in the mix as a sort of "lottery" system for lucky Elites who walk up at just the right moment.
Gotcha. It was either FLL or MCO where I saw this maneuver in action. The cleaners would bring a decent car up to the aisle and park it (a loaded Grand Cherokee if I recall). Within two minutes, the greeter would jump in and hide the car over in the Alamo area.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by plagwate
Gotcha. It was either FLL or MCO where I saw this maneuver in action. The cleaners would bring a decent car up to the aisle and park it (a loaded Grand Cherokee if I recall). Within two minutes, the greeter would jump in and hide the car over in the Alamo area.
That's definitly fll. I've seen it happening with a real nice equipped ford explorer they put all the base model cars on the aisles and their nicely equipped they either hide it for a friend or at the counter for an extra charge and they really not suppose to do that at all. Alot of people have complained their nasty service in that location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.