Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
I also have been lucky here. I have picked up (2) Hyundai Genesis, (2) Infiniti G37's, a couple VW Tiguans, a couple of Volvos and a Camaro from FLL. It has been the best location for me so far. Maybe the mid morning arrivals on a Wednesday are the key.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
I'll be arriving there around noon next Wednesday. I keep meaning to snap a picture (because I can never remember what's on the aisle) but I'm usually so hurried I forget to. Hopefully my results are similar to yours.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorK
I'll be arriving there around noon next Wednesday. I keep meaning to snap a picture (because I can never remember what's on the aisle) but I'm usually so hurried I forget to. Hopefully my results are similar to yours.
If you can remember that would be great. I would be interested to see the years/models of the cars on the aisle and how diverse the selection is.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, AA EXP
I was there last wednesday. They had a Tahoe with 4 miles on it ( now it has atleast 67 ) and another Yukon. Couple of months ago, they had a sequoia in the executive aisle
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Slim pickings at FLL on Wednesday 10/3 around noon. Seven vehicles total on the EA, two Avengers with expired SAT, a VW sedan (passat maybe?) without SAT, two Chargers with expired SAT and two Jeep Liberties I didn't look inside. The Avengers and Chargers all had 16,000+ miles. While I was loading up one of the Avengers someone drove off in the VW. I lingered a few minutes to see if they'd bring something else out but no luck.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA and HH
On Oct 5th at 10 pm there were a ton of impalas and altimas. I grabbed the single Chrysler 300 and regret just not taking the 2013 Altima.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Arrived yesterday to find - surprise - nada. Not a single car in either aisle. Cars were being brought up slowly with the duty manager yelling on the radio every 30 seconds for more cars.

I was offered a Lincoln MKX, but decided not per the likely terrible gas mileage and figured I'd wait for a base 300, Avalon or Sonata, but of course a Cadillac SRX drove up and all logic went out the window....the manager said that was not for the aisle and had it sent over to Alamo, but eventually brought it back for me (my doe-eye'd look worked) as I promised to return it back to FLL.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Arrived yesterday to find - surprise - nada. Not a single car in either aisle. Cars were being brought up slowly with the duty manager yelling on the radio every 30 seconds for more cars.
Two words - Boat Show
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Arrived mid week (10/17) and was lucky to get an Avalon(which I had to ask for)lots of cars that should have been on the Emerald side and nothing wonderful on the EE side. BTW the Avalon had 20k miles and was not in the best condition
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:43 am

New Volkswagen touarge's fully loaded. Car class is gxar.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:12 am

Nothing unique on the aisle this am.

Picked up a impala ltz with 4k miles but no xm or onstar. weird especially with the onstar. its 6 months for directions n connections so im shocked, its off n the car hasnt crossed the 10k milestone yet.. I checked all the cars on full size,, none had xm at all. Not a big deal since i brought my portable.

Anyhow, greeter offered to let us get a Chevy Captiva, if all i stuff didnt fit but I put everything into the Impala.

Im going try n drop the car off early. she charged us an extra $50 since we picked up a hr n 30 mins early or I presume, it will be charged, if i dont drop at 730 on mon. Just do it tonight or tomorrow before 7 at this point.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:37 am

Christmas day the EA was pretty cleaned out. Couple of dodge avengers and a Jetta. Loaded everything into one of the avengers, closed the drivers door and was astounded and how uncomfortably the door intruded into the drivers space. Decided I couldn't get away with that. Pulled everything out, noticed a Camry way down at the other end of the EA, should have picked up on it being pulled in nose first into the spot, loaded everything into that, turned it on and it had maintenance lights on. Ended up grabbing the Jetta, which turned out ok even if it's on the small side (although huge trunk). Not sure I'd really consider it a mid-sized car myself, but a lot more comfortable than the avenger was.

ES looked like it had a fair number of cars in it, although I didn't really pay attention to the specifics there since I don't qualify.

FLL always seems to have mediocre offerings to me, and often seems to be cleaned out.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:27 pm

Picking up this morning: ES had a Maxima, Tiguan, and an Explorer. Didn't get any further than that as the first spot had a brand new VW Touareg. Wife's Touareg is showing it's age and we're looking to get a new one anyway so we gave it a whirl...

decent mileage, quiet ride...a little under-equipped for what is effectively a premium SUV but it was a fun drive...They need to start stocking Diesels...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
What do you guys think my chances are for the first Saturday in Feb for getting a SUV (anysize) or a minivan out of EA in FLL early AM?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, National Exec, WN A/CP
from EA, my guess would be 0%. I've never seen anything big in EA but in ES your chances might be about 80%...

They load up ES but don't give many treats in EA. That being said, I've posted that if you talk to the greeter and ask for something specific, your chances are pretty good...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.