Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:39 pm

ES was pretty well stocked, Sunday 8/25 around 1pm:

2 x Enclaves
4 x new Impalas
4 x Fusions
1 x Flex
lots of other big SUV's (I think some Acadias but didn't look too close since I grabbed an Impala)

EA:
2 small cars, didn't look too close
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Cars at FLL

Sat afternoon

EA maybe 5 cars - escape

ES - good amount of cars - escapes, flex, new impala, Altima, rav4, equinox, one maxima, a couple of minivans, one venza.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG+
Coming in on Thursday afternoon, I'm only Emerald not executive. Need to fit 4 adults plus a car seat and luggage. Do they have fitting cars? Or do I need to upgrade?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG+
if anyone is interested, they had a couple of small/mid size SUV's in the emerald isle. Some Kia Sorentos, Ford Escapes and a Toyota. Didn't pay attention to the regular cars. The nice greeter brought us a mini van, Chrysler Town & Country, pretty loaded.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Aside from the usual suspects in the ES this past Saturday afternoon, chock full of Tahoes, a Charger, Lacrosse, Taurus, and a Challenger. I took a brand new V8 Mustang with Leather. Not sure if I'm the first or second renter, but it had 300 miles and Sirius. ^ There was also one hydrid, not sure of the model, but it looked liked a mid size Hyundai sedan.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:47 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by pbearmedic
Aside from the usual suspects in the ES this past Saturday afternoon, chock full of Tahoes, a Charger, Lacrosse, Taurus, and a Challenger. I took a brand new V8 Mustang with Leather. Not sure if I'm the first or second renter, but it had 300 miles and Sirius. ^ There was also one hydrid, not sure of the model, but it looked liked a mid size Hyundai sedan.

A Mustang GT? Coupe or convertible? Pics please!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Emerald Exec-Elite; Hertz Five Star
Bump....

I may have to be in FLL around mid-February and I'm considering doing a one-way from there to PNS. (Yes, yes, I know, loooooong, booooooring drive).

Anyway, I'm wondering whether anyone might be able to update what's of interest aside from the usual suspects. I'm Exec "Elite" (haven't figured out what that gets me but it sounds fancy). As many people do, I'm going to have a hardside golf club case so I'm thinking it would be good to have something larger like a Jeep GC or a Chrysler 300.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by msnflier
I may have to be in FLL around mid-February and I'm considering doing a one-way from there to PNS. (Yes, yes, I know, loooooong, booooooring drive).

Anyway, I'm wondering whether anyone might be able to update what's of interest aside from the usual suspects. I'm Exec "Elite" (haven't figured out what that gets me but it sounds fancy). As many people do, I'm going to have a hardside golf club case so I'm thinking it would be good to have something larger like a Jeep GC or a Chrysler 300.

Thanks in advance!
Interestingly, I picked up a car there yesterday and was standing next to a couple that was waiting for a car that would fit their golf clubs. They were given a Genesis. When I asked for a car with a trunk and satellite, I was given a Genesis. It would seem they have a large supply of these right now.

The lot was very heavy on large GM SUVs. As I left, and Impala was being parked. Other than that, the only cars were Chargers, which don't have satellite. They also had a couple Infiniti SUVs.

The kid working the Elite lot was very willing to help find something that wasn't in the pick-up lot already, so when you get there, just ask what they might have that's not already been brought up.

OT: I did the PNS drive once. Now I fly. It's a great airport with frequent flights on large planes.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Emerald Exec-Elite; Hertz Five Star
Thanks...

CJKatl - Thanks for the quick reply; great information, too! I've never driven a Genesis - sort of a salaryman's Merc E-class, right?

I agree with you about PNS being a great airport for its size. I've flown in there countless times over the past 10-12 years and it's very convenient all-around, especially with the baggage claim co-located with the car rental counters and the cars in the ramp less than 100 yards away, max. I flew into VPS a couple of times recently, which is also nicely done and typically has cheaper air fares than PNS.

Last edited by msnflier; Jan 14, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by msnflier
CJKatl - Thanks for the quick reply; great information, too! I've never driven a Genesis - sort of a salaryman's Merc E-class, right?

I agree with you about PNS being a great airport for its size. I've flown in there countless times over the past 10-12 years and it's very convenient all-around, especially with the baggage claim co-located with baggage carousel and the cars in the ramp less than 100 yards away, max. I flew into VPS a couple of times recently, which is also nicely done and typically has cheaper air fares than PNS.
OT: Be careful driving to VPS. I've gotten speeding tickets twice. The speed limit drops to 45 mph on a road that appears to be highway as you get close to the airport, and the cops sit there waiting for people running late for flights. The locals know about it. I fell for it twice.

The Genesis is the most non-descript good car I've ever driven. It does everything it does well, but meh. But for the satellite radio, I'd rather have an Impala. (The Impala satellite expires quickly making it unreliable.) I'd actually rather have a Fusion Titanium or the loaded version of the 300. I've always been a Sonata fan, but this Genesis is just nothing special. Then again, I feel the same about the Mercedes E-class.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
OT: Be careful driving to VPS. I've gotten speeding tickets twice. The speed limit drops to 45 mph on a road that appears to be highway as you get close to the airport, and the cops sit there waiting for people running late for flights. The locals know about it. I fell for it twice.

The Genesis is the most non-descript good car I've ever driven. It does everything it does well, but meh. But for the satellite radio, I'd rather have an Impala. (The Impala satellite expires quickly making it unreliable.) I'd actually rather have a Fusion Titanium or the loaded version of the 300. I've always been a Sonata fan, but this Genesis is just nothing special. Then again, I feel the same about the Mercedes E-class.
Same with the DEN, they always get me there.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Saturday, 2/22 : 1430

ES :

4 x Impala (New)
1 x Traverse
1 x Charger
1 x Journey
1 x Flex
1 x Fusion (Titanium/White/FL/6K odo)
1 x Taurus
1 x Mustang
2 x Santa Fe
3 x Maxima
1 x Altima
1 x Pathfinder
1 x XC60
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
What is considered "Luxury" at FLL? ATS?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat, Marriott Plat. Premiere, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
What is considered "Luxury" at FLL? ATS?
I second this one....anyone have any updates for Luxury at FLL? I have a res there in 2 weeks, and normally only use the executive elite aisle there. Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
7:30am is not the time to be picking up a car....
Friday morning, Emerald Aisle had:
2 x Charger
1 x Dodge Dart
1 x Chrysler 200
1 x Chrysler 300

I grabbed the 300 and was programming its license tag into my Sunpass account when I realized it had a completely flat tire. Flagged the attendant (at that time of morning, was no dedicated National person.. Alamo was covering both). Managed to get a nearly brand new Altima that was just being driven up, with working Sat radio.

On another note, about the laziest exit lane person yet. She was not moving from her stool. She actually put the gate down to have me drive forward a couple feet so that the barcode on rear driver side window was aligned with where she was sitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.