Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
MONDAY 2300
Executive was actually stocked. Various vehicles. Camaro, Pathfinder, several Tahoes (one was NY plated) in both LT and LTZ, Pickups, minivans. Some couple trying to stuff their suitcases into a Camaro. LOL In the end, they gave up and took a Tahoe.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I found the staff at FLL to be EXCELLENT! ^
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:41 am

Executive: 28 Jan: 11.30AM

several suv:
Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Arcadia, Chevy traverse, chargers, impala
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, National EC, Choice Hotels, Priority Club
Looking for Grand Cherokee

Has anyone seen a GC Laredo at this location recently?

I'm looking to try the GC out on a visit to Miami / FLL next month, and anecdotal evidence indicates service is much better at FLL. Don't need leather or the HEMI V8, just looking to see how it handles/drives... it's the only full-size SUV I have not rented or tested (well, except maybe a BMW X5 or a Mercedes )
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nomad_Tech
Has anyone seen a GC Laredo at this location recently?

I'm looking to try the GC out on a visit to Miami / FLL next month, and anecdotal evidence indicates service is much better at FLL. Don't need leather or the HEMI V8, just looking to see how it handles/drives... it's the only full-size SUV I have not rented or tested (well, except maybe a BMW X5 or a Mercedes )
I've seen Grand Cherokee Limited(s) here very rarely, but remember the 'good stuff' is almost always held at the Alamo side for upsell to clueless tourists....I wouldn't bank on anything like that being on the aisle when you arrive.

If you have status and book a full size SUV, you can ask them to find you one and they might if there are any in stock somewhere.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:05 am

I rarely rent cars. Going to FLL next week. My kids are dying to drive in a Mustang. Thought it could be a good opportunity to get one. What's the likelihood of one being there? I reserved a convertible, but am I just wasting my money if one will be in the Executive area? Or would one not even be there?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by zeusmt
I rarely rent cars. Going to FLL next week. My kids are dying to drive in a Mustang. Thought it could be a good opportunity to get one. What's the likelihood of one being there? I reserved a convertible, but am I just wasting my money if one will be in the Executive area? Or would one not even be there?
If there's one on EA, you can have them lower your rate to ICAR at the booth.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Member

Base on my observations, low probably of a Mustang. Even lower probably of a Mustang convertible. Higher change of Tahoe/Suburban LTZ over a Mustang.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Base on my observations, low probably of a Mustang. Even lower probably of a Mustang convertible. Higher change of Tahoe/Suburban LTZ over a Mustang.
Thanks! So if I reserved a Mustang, what happens if they don't have it? Can I easy go to a midsize car and then use the Executive area, or am I just better off changing my reservation before hand?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks! So if I reserved a Mustang, what happens if they don't have it? Can I easy go to a midsize car and then use the Executive area, or am I just better off changing my reservation before hand?
You can't reserve a Mustang, but you can reserve a convertible. The convertible fleet is pretty much either all Mustang or Camaro now, no more Sebrings. During winter season, finding a convertible on the aisle is almost impossible - but you can book a convertible and a midsize, and if you see one on the aisle, use your phone to cancel the convertible and drive out with the midsize rate.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
You can't reserve a Mustang, but you can reserve a convertible. The convertible fleet is pretty much either all Mustang or Camaro now, no more Sebrings. During winter season, finding a convertible on the aisle is almost impossible - but you can book a convertible and a midsize, and if you see one on the aisle, use your phone to cancel the convertible and drive out with the midsize rate.
I don't even think it's really necessary to do this any more, just have them adjust your rate from STAR to ICAR at the booth if they do happen to have something you like on the aisle. Only once in a dozen plus instances (usually when I've booked PCAR/LCAR and the ER sections weren't operating and I took something from ES) have I had any push-back at the booth, and that was because the car I took from the aisle didn't have the hang-tag that aisle cars are supposed to.

My main issue with the two-reservation method is if you arrive AFTER your reservation pickup time then you have to call CS to cancel the res you don't want, which can add 5-15 min to getting out of the garage (as people walk by looking at you funny for just sitting in a car on the aisle).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
My main issue with the two-reservation method is if you arrive AFTER your reservation pickup time then you have to call CS to cancel the res you don't want, which can add 5-15 min to getting out of the garage (as people walk by looking at you funny for just sitting in a car on the aisle).
Agreed. I usually book mine pickup for 60-90 minutes after my expected arrival so than I can cancel in the app.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, National EC, Choice Hotels, Priority Club
I would be happy to get either the Camaro or Mustang convertible if that's what I had rented. I have not driven the 2015 'vert, but I own a 2010-14 Mustang convertible and I can highly recommend it, especially for kids The Camaro coupe feels cramped, but the convertible is an excellent drive.

Unless FLL has jacked up their rates to "soon-to-be-drunken college student", in my experience, most locations will offer base model convertibles for about the same rates as a PCAR / LCAR. No, you won't get the Premium trim with leather seats, but open-air renting is all about having the wind in your hair. If you want to own a convertible year-round, you do as I did - buy the model with heated seats

I have rented convertible Sebrings, Mustangs, and even the rare Audi A4 (with a generous booth agent) convertibles at the same price as FCAR. The latter depends on how nice you are, the location, and how desperate they are to get the car on the road, I guess.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:40 pm

Currently ES with National....what are the chances of getting a large SUV? Especially Tuesday night March 31 right before spring break? Also if nothing available what would be my options with a my typical mid size reservation?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:09 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by seawolf
Having said that...just saw two Mustangs this evening. One was a convertible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.