FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at FLL
Thread: Cars at FLL
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:04 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Arrived around 1115p on Apr 10 - I didn't get a clear look at the EA, but there was one Prius (very rare for Florida) and some smaller cars, but ES had pretty much nothing but Malibus and Impalas except:

1. Volvo SUV - was going to take it, but Sirius was already out
2. 3 base 300s
3. a Camry and Fusion SE
4. a few other midsize odds/ends

When I walked up, there was a Kia sedan that someone was already in, which I suspected was a hybrid (which I would have taken), but it was grabbed first. I requested a Fusion Hybrid or a Avalon, but nothing was available (although the nice attendant from the Alamo side who I drove a little crazy found me a Fusion, but it was not a hybrid).

Another Exec customer was poking around for something nice, and a different Alamo attendant let him take a Grand Cherokee from the Alamo area - there were two Infiniti SUVs and 2 BMW SUVs along with a BMW and Mercedes C sedan, and an Infiniti sedan at Alamo, as expected, and I probably could have requested one of the Infiniti SUVs if I asked the right person, but they were FX models (not EX) and I didn't feel like paying for the extra gas - so - as usual, I ended up in one of the 300s which almost new and delivered 35mpg back to Boca.

If the station policy was to allow ExecElite members (especially regulars like me who rent 75+ days a year from there) to request and receive a reasonable selection from the Alamo goodies, it wouldn't be so bad that everything nice is always held there for upsell.