Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: American Exec Plat Hilton Dia, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec E, Delta Gold,
Last Monday All Minivans

ES had nothing but minivans last Monday at around 2pm. I waited around for a minute and an employee pulled up with a GMC Acadia, sans remote key fobs, but clean and around 14k miles. Turned it back in on Thursday evening and was offered $75 in vouchers for the key fob issue. Great MGR on Thursday.
Headed back there now but on a ground stop at IAH. I'll report when I get a vehicle.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: Independent
Just picked up from SFO tonight (Thursday, around 9:00). What a mess.

I reserved a full size, but the only rows that had cars were the EA and ES aisles. Everything else was lined up with returned cars, so I am guessing they must have had a busy day. I noticed most of them were very poorly cleaned.

EA had a couple of Jettas, Chrysler 200s, Malibus, and a lone Optima.

ES had some Sonatas, Some Camrys, and more Chrysler 200s. There was one lone charger there, but someone was leaving with it. The were bringing in more of the same.

On that note, be very careful of walking around there. Their drivers are absolutely dangerous. They drive like maniacs, and go the wrong way.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:02 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Strange lineup on the ES last Thursday afternoon - a half dozen Challengers, a Camaro, some sort of SUV, don't recall what else, but no Impalas to be seen.

IIRC, EA had Altimas, Chrysler 200s, a Malibu, and a couple VW Passats, one of which I took.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
anyone with experience picking up at Union Square location? Reserving full.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:08 pm

SFO National Pickup

Picked up from National SFO on a Friday morning around 11am. No line since I was EA, line at the counter inside was about 10 deep. EA side had a few Chrysler 200's, Altima and some Sonatas. Was gonna go with a 200 when a worker pulled up a brand new Camry SE with 200 miles on it. Took that one and as I was leaving a white Camry SE pulled up and was snagged immediately by someone else. On the ES side there were more Sonatas, Altimas, Challengers and a single Hyundai Azera. The reserved cars were nothing special.

When I returned the car selection looked much better and fuller. Their upgrade options included an Infiniti Q50 and a BMW 3 Series.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Could you keep the rate as-is and pit-stop at the next National location for a swap into something more appropriate?
Yes. I've done that.
If one were on a LCAR reservation and headed to Napa, where would be a good location to do the swap?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:15 pm

Hello. Planning to rent a premium category car for a moth roadtrip in USA. The origin point is SFO, can you please recommend if National has a good premium cars on SFO or should i book Hertz instead?

Thank you!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OlegZ
Hello. Planning to rent a premium category car for a moth roadtrip in USA. The origin point is SFO, can you please recommend if National has a good premium cars on SFO or should i book Hertz instead?

Thank you!
I would do it based on price. Both companies have similar Premium vehicles and chances are decent you'd end up in a luxury instead. If you are spending any time in San Francisco I'd also price picking up in the city instead of the airport; that will save significant airport taxes and fees.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by noah
I would do it based on price. Both companies have similar Premium vehicles and chances are decent you'd end up in a luxury instead. If you are spending any time in San Francisco I'd also price picking up in the city instead of the airport; that will save significant airport taxes and fees.
Thank you! But on National web site Premium are only available at the airport in San Francisco.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OlegZ
Thank you! But on National web site Premium are only available at the airport in San Francisco.
Then worth renting Hertz in the city most likely.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:36 am

Tuesday at 1AM

Arrived to SFO at 1AM on Tuesday. Executive had a Camero convertible, two Mustang Convertibles, and a Challenger. Emerald had a few Jettas, Sonatas and a Jeep Wrangler.

Took the Mustang as it had air conditioned leather seats and a back up camera.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
I'm a week late, but arrived @ SFO at around 11pm on August 20th. The lot was really busy so selection was limited, and it was Monterey Car Week.

Nothing particularly interesting in executive. There was a Toyota Avalon available but passed on it because I was concerned about fuel consumption. I ended up trying out the VW Beetle as the lady friend was curious. Overall, not a bad vehicle and had enough power when in tiptronic mode. Fuel consumption wasn't bad considering we were stuck in stop and go traffic in Monterey & Salinas and the two round trips we made from Sunnyvale. We managed to squeeze 400 miles out of the tank.

I'll be back in September so hopefully the Avalon is available.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent visits here?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:35 am

Hi guys, any recent visits to SFO? Planning to get a rental there from the Emerald Elite Aisle : )
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exparagus
Hi guys, any recent visits to SFO? Planning to get a rental there from the Emerald Elite Aisle : )
Yes, I am there most weeks ... no major changes ... do you have a specific question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.