Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Cars at SFO

Which vehicles are on the Emerald Aisle lately at SFO?
Old May 23, 2008, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Bumping this thread to ask a more specific question - what is the Aisle selection like late night, around 11p-12a? I've experienced total chaos in the late afternoons at SFO with an empty aisle, and a decent selection early afternoon and morning, but I'm concerned about a later evening arrival. Is there a good chance the aisle will be either empty or filled with crappy offerings late evening?
Old May 25, 2008, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
To answer the more general question, the last time I was there was on a Friday mid-morning, lots of Impalas, a few Trailblazer LS, and then some smaller stuff; I picked up an Impala LTZ because I needed to hide luggage and the Trailblazer doesn't have the cover for the back storage area.
Old May 26, 2008, 8:23 pm

last Sunday night, besides the regulars, saw a 08 Malibu on EA and a Volvo S60 in ES.
Old May 27, 2008, 12:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold,SPG Plat, National Executive Elite, ST Elite Plus
The few times that I have picked up cars late at night - the selection is pretty minimal. I saw a bunch of buick lacrosse and impala's etc.

I was going after an all wheel drive SUV and managed to get my hands on a trail blazer. I think the selection totally depends on what night you going to be there. I think thursday night is bad because a lot of rentals get returned and are not ready yet and similarly sunday night also.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Dropped someone off at SFO yesterday (Saturday) and stopped by National around noon to checkout the selection just for fun.

EA selection is pretty small, saw a lot of PT cruisers.

ES area is much bigger than EA area. Loads of Malibus and Impalas. Found a few each of G6 convertibles and Charger SXTs. Also found a Buick Lacrosse.

Just thought I'd share.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 7:05 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I got a nice G6 GXP off the Aisle in April - CA plate 6BVL517. Keep an eye out for it - I'm not sure it was supposed to be there as it came back as Specialty/Novelty and the gate agent gave me some flak, but it was a nice ride!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
SFO and SJC Exec's have been poor lately. Last time I was at SFO, it was all junk, a buch of Jeep or the ever hideous HHT..

My last pickup @ SJC, all just. I ended up getting a 18k miler HHT that looked like someone shot BB's at it.

I have YET to get anything good at either of these locations.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Stopped by last night (Tuesday) at around 8PM while waiting to pick someone up. EA and ES were both pretty barren.

EA had a few PT cruisers and minivans.

ES had a few minivans and a couple boring sedans. I did see one SRX though. If I was renting, that would definitely have been my choice.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:05 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
A week and a half ago on a Friday night (rather late), I saw a bunch of American cars. I really wanted to try the AValon, but grabbed a Prius. I was told an Avalon would've been okay on my resv. (booking full and paying for mid). Next time.

This past weekend, I wanted an Avalon from SJC since every single car on the Executive aisle was American. They said no, and I walked to Hertz.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LGA
A week and a half ago on a Friday night (rather late), I saw a bunch of American cars. I really wanted to try the AValon, but grabbed a Prius. I was told an Avalon would've been okay on my resv. (booking full and paying for mid). Next time.

This past weekend, I wanted an Avalon from SJC since every single car on the Executive aisle was American. They said no, and I walked to Hertz.
What time of day were you there? Was it just one Prius, or did they have a few?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:23 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Between the delayed UA transcon (as usual) and the pokey and delayed airtrain at SFO, it was probably 1:00am Saturday morning by the time I got there. Only recall seeing one Prius, but I don't recall seeing others.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If you really want one and don't see it either in EA or ES - take a look in the Mid-size section - there could be one lurking there.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you really want one and don't see it either in EA or ES - take a look in the Mid-size section - there could be one lurking there.
Good point - I never thought of that, although if it's missing the EA tag, how do I jailbreak it through the exit booth?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Good point - I never thought of that, although if it's missing the EA tag, how do I jailbreak it through the exit booth?
Since it's a midsize and all EA/ES reservations are either midsize or fullsize - shouldn't be a problem - I did exactly that in Feb - took a Prius off the midsize area on an ES reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.