Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: National Executive
12/5 at 9 am

Executive has a lot of full size SUVs. Tons of Suburbans as well as an Expedition. I've also seen multiple Pacificas, some crew cab full size pickup trucks (Silverado and Ram 1500 Classic), some Rogues, a couple Chargers and Malibus, some type of Mazda crossover, a Highlander, a RAV4, a CRV, a Camry, a Maxima, and an Accord. I left with a '23 Yukon XL SLT. I like the Yukon over the Nissan Armada SL I got at LAX.

I only took a quick glance at Emerald Aisle. The only thing that caught my attention is a crew cab F150 Ecoboost that somebody already took.

Last edited by RicerRabbit; Dec 6, 2023 at 12:43 am
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RicerRabbit
Executive has a lot of full size SUVs. Tons of Suburbans as well as an Expedition.
Just what I want when trying to park in SF!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:35 pm

Was here this past Sunday night. Executive had a decent amount of different cars. A few small Mercedes SUVs, a couple Audis, some BMW suvs. A couple Mustangs. Some Chevys and Mazdas. I was able to grab a 2023 Audi A6 with 18k miles.

Last edited by AMSR; Dec 12, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:54 am

Programs: National Executive
12/20 at 10 am has some rather nice selections. The lots were full.

Executive Aisle:

An assortment of smaller Mercedes Benz crossovers
Audi Q3
Lexus RX
2 Volvo S60s (one FWD and one AWD)
3 Camaros (2 convertibles with a V6 engine, 1 coupe with an I4 engine)
2nd gen (previous gen) Nissan Frontier extended cab (didn't expect to see that)
Honda Ridgeline
Ford F150 XLT V8 that lasted seconds before being taken
Your usual assortment crossovers and a Dodge Charger (V6)

Emerald Aisle:

Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road (crew cab short bed)
Another previous gen Nissan Frontier extended cab
Your usual selection of crossovers and sedans

I've never driven a Swedish car before, so I ended up taking a handsome looking '24 Volvo S60 B5 AWD with 13k miles. The powertrain is smooth and the ride is pleasant: plush but composed. The seats are really nice to sit on. Some of the controls are weird to me though, and I wish there are more physical buttons.

Last edited by RicerRabbit; Dec 22, 2023 at 1:03 am
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:48 pm

Pick up Thurs night or Fri AM

Anyone have any experience with the Exec Elite inventory Thurs nights (6-8pm) or Fri AM (6-7am)? Trying to decide when might be best to pick up a car in late April.
seausa likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:26 pm

Arriving SFO with a Luxury Reservation

I have a luxury reservation at SFO and am an Emerald Club member (not executive). When I arrive at the rental car center, do I need to go to the desk or is there an aisle in the garage that I can select a car?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by TCarbone
I have a luxury reservation at SFO and am an Emerald Club member (not executive). When I arrive at the rental car center, do I need to go to the desk or is there an aisle in the garage that I can select a car?
there is EA but no specific aisles for categories. You can go directly to the booth in the garage and talk to the agent there and they should find you a vehicle
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by hourglass
there is EA but no specific aisles for categories. You can go directly to the booth in the garage and talk to the agent there and they should find you a vehicle
Ok, thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sunday morning @10:30 am, figured they'd have a decent selection for once. Nope - the usual assortment of Altima/Rogue/Sportage, etc. Best option was a Subaru Forester, but no CarPlay. WT?

Canceled my reservation and booked with Hertz while standing in EA - $35/day cheaper and scored a MiniCooper S from PC. Sad comment National, that you're chasing me to Hertz on a consistent basis.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:23 pm

Friday at 5:30... Heres what I saw
EA: Standard amounts of Compact to Midsized Sedans, and Subcompact to Compact Crossovers

EE:
Plethora of Nissan Rogue SV's, Chevy Equinox's, Chevrolet Malibus
2x Toyota Camry
2x Mazda CX-5's
2x Jeep Wranglers (1 4xe Model)
1x Jeep Compass Limited
2x Chargers
and a ford Transit 15 passenger van LOL

I took a 2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium with 23k miles. It was an amazing road trip car I was planning to take the Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe but I was going to Fresno from SFO and didn't want to be stuck trying to find where to charge the car. My last rental with SFO was an Alfa Guilia Ti, idk where all the luxury cars went
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Really poor selection in SFO Sunday night. A bunch of Kia’s, a minivan and Mazda CX-5 which I took.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.