Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by threadcrapper
Thanks for the input - I guess we will just have to cross the fingers and see what we find when we get there
Thats pretty much the long and short of it. I had a Premium Reserve reservation for a weekend in October. Arrived Saturday morning, and was pointed toward the ES. There were no premium cars on the aisle. I asked, and was pointed to a Maxima. Said, "I would rather not drive a Maxima. Do you have anything else?" They sad, "what would you like?". I said "Something more luxurious -- Caddy, Infiniti, Audi, BMW, Hyundai Genesis..". They punched a bunch of keys in the computer, said "you can have this Buick Lacrosse over here, you can wait 30 minutes to see what else we might bring, or you can spend $25/day to upgrade to luxury into this Ford Explorer.". I took the Lacrosse.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Could you keep the rate as-is and pit-stop at the next National location for a swap into something more appropriate?
Yes. I've done that.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:26 pm

thats an idea -- however being on vacation, unless its really bad , I'll probably just go with what I can come up with there
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:52 am

Anyone had luck recently with larger SUVs (Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition) or Minivans in the Executive Section?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ck713
Anyone had luck recently with larger SUVs (Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition) or Minivans in the Executive Section?
Was there last week (Thursday midday) and the selection was pretty bad. Take your color pick of Hyundai Sonatas with a handful of Altimas thrown in for the hell of it. Had a few smaller SUV's on the Executive line including a Captiva and a Santa Fe (which we took). They pulled up a Dodge Journey as we left. Far cry from what it used to be - we've gotten fully loaded Tahoe's, Maximas, new Impalas in the past, but haven't seen anything good like that last couple visits.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Yes. On Monday around mid morning I regularly see full size SUVs. Last week I ended up with a Buick Endavour but I saw other large SUVs and also pickups with extended cabs and minivans.

Monday might be a slight anomaly though as that's probably the busiest business rental day (at most locations) and so they just keep filling up the slots to keep up with demand and therefore there isn't always a rhyme or reason to the selection (it's just based on how the cars are stacked in the overflow area)
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:24 pm

Ill be there on a Tuesday flight arrives at 1, will be in town for a week and looking for something sporty (convertible if possible) anyone have any insight if ill be able to get one?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:55 am
cfi

Originally Posted by iliveinparadise
convertible if possible
I have a reserved convertible in SFO next week, so they at least have some around - hope to get a Mustang...
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:48 pm

First -- thanks for the input from all the regular visitors here...

Was in SFO on 4/6 about 5pm -- came in through the Alamo section and there were a lot of cars everywhere. Rep came up and asked me if I was Emerald or Executive, told him we had a premium reserved. He said he had a new 300 ready, asked him if we could have a Caddy or a Camaro - we were on vacation -- he says wait right here - I got something -- comes back with a brand new black Camaro - 400 miles on it, leather, XM working, shift paddles on the steering wheel - nice car - it drove great down the PCH and across the Mojave to Vegas, where I left it. Makes you wonder where a new car ends up....

Saw tons of Altimas, Maximas, Impalas, and the normal stuff - there was a 380 with an upgrade tag -- I asked him if there were any convertibles - he said a red mustang for an additional fee.

Again - thanks to the regular posters for keeping the info current. It was a great help to know what to expect.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:40 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by threadcrapper
Saw tons of Altimas, Maximas, Impalas, and the normal stuff - there was a 380 with an upgrade tag --
Airbus? What was the upgrade fee on that?!?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:34 pm

Got an Enclave three weeks ago Saturday. I think there was one other large SUV, don't recall seeing any minivans. I was also there a week from last Saturday and don't recall seeing any large SUVs or Minivans. Also didn't see anything else I thought was very interesting, took a Corolla with 30k from the Emerald section.

Last edited by MaputoBound; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:28 pm
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:58 pm
cfi

Originally Posted by cfi
I have a reserved convertible in SFO next week, so they at least have some around - hope to get a Mustang...
Got a 2015 Mustang Convertible with 2900 miles on it. And the 2015 modell is actually a good ride - definite improvement over the old modell. And a huge trunk for a convertible!

@Ck713: I saw at least one minivan there last sunday evening...
Old May 3, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Independent
What do they have for full size at this location?
Old May 4, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Friday night at about 10:30. There were about 15 cars in the executive aisle: 2-3 Hyundai Sonata, 2-3 of the Kia equivalent, a couple of Camrys, 1 Camaro, 1 Mustang, 1 Charger, a few others that didn't really register. I took a Chrysler 300 with 8K miles.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
If you book a midsize and have ES and want one of the above and do not see it on the ES aisle, you can ask for it. I did that once when I had to drive about 6 people and one of the National employees found me a Yukon or something similar - a HUGE SUV and did not charge me extra for it - as if it were already on the ES aisle. But I had to ask for it. I just told them I was "executive selection" and did they have a really big car I could take. Other times I've seen minivans on the ES aisle that no one else wanted. One time there was a long line of people waiting for cars and the minivan was just sitting there. I was at the end of the line so I asked what was up with the minivan and the others said they did not want it. So I took it. Fully loaded town and country. A bit of a pain to drive in Berkeley but it had a backup camera for parallel parking which was very helpful. And I did not have to wait for a car. My sense is that the really big cars are less popular at SFO than at other places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.