Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Hi, Trying to find out how the toll system works in the San Francisco area. Is the area a $3.95/RENTAL day or $3.95/USAGE day for the electronic tolling? Makes a difference as I will be there for two weeks, plan to hit Monterey, Jelly Belly, Point Reyes/Napa and back to SFO. Thanks!
It's per day with a maximum cap ....

Check out National's toll administration vendor

If you or any driver operate the rental vehicle in Northern California, Florida, Colorado, or Texas, and generate an unpaid toll, you will be charged our TollPass Convenience Charge of $3.95 U.S. dollars for each day you use a toll road or bridge plus the cost of all unpaid tolls. The maximum TollPass Convenience Charge for the rental period is $19.75 U.S. dollars, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls. For information call 877-860-1283 or go to www.htallc.com/nationalcar
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Hi, Trying to find out how the toll system works in the San Francisco area. Is the area a $3.95/RENTAL day or $3.95/USAGE day for the electronic tolling? Makes a difference as I will be there for two weeks, plan to hit Monterey, Jelly Belly, Point Reyes/Napa and back to SFO. Thanks!
Only the Golden Gate Bridge is all electronic. You can also prepay the toll online so you don't need to use Nationals tolling system.
Here is the link for prepaying tolls.
http://goldengate.org/tolls/tollpaymentchoices.php

The other bridges sill have cashiers available.

Last edited by kxc262; Jul 14, 2016 at 8:06 pm
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:06 am

Picked up a car this morning from ES

4+ Camaros, some Impalas, several Nissan/Hyundai SUVs, a couple Altimas, a Buick

I grabbed a '16 Maxima and not feeling this car, is there a protocol for just driving there again in the afternoon and just asking to swap for another car because this one sucks (I'll make something up)?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:36 pm

Swapped it out no problem, just said I wanted a SUV instead and they didn't bat an eye. Gave me this piece of paper that says Vehicle Exchange form or something.

Swapped the Maxima out for a Charger R/T

Since morning, a bunch of chargers showed up, a Fusion hybrid, some Malibus, a couple more Maximas, and...a Corolla
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: National Emerald Clum
Hey there, coming to SFO next week for a one way, 8 day rental to LAX. Just wondering what has been in the Premium Section (paid upgrade) at SFO lately. I have an EA mid size reservation and want something nicer for driving the PCH. Curious as to what has been in the paid upgrade aisle lately.

I have an Enterprise Luxury rental booked too for an 'XTS or similar' in case the aisle is junk..

First time poster, thanks in advance for the help.

-J
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by jciupa
Hey there, coming to SFO next week for a one way, 8 day rental to LAX. Just wondering what has been in the Premium Section (paid upgrade) at SFO lately. I have an EA mid size reservation and want something nicer for driving the PCH. Curious as to what has been in the paid upgrade aisle lately.

I have an Enterprise Luxury rental booked too for an 'XTS or similar' in case the aisle is junk..

First time poster, thanks in advance for the help.

-J
They have three spaces out front, and last two weeks have just been ATS/XTSs sitting there

Saturday:
Crap selection in ES, four or five Nissan pickups, Maxima, base Grand Cherokees, Renegades, Altima

Sunday:
A lot of Challengers, Maximas, 300s, Chargers, minivans, Sonatas, Focus
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toastedcoconut
They have three spaces out front, and last two weeks have just been ATS/XTSs sitting there

Saturday:
Crap selection in ES, four or five Nissan pickups, Maxima, base Grand Cherokees, Renegades, Altima

Sunday:
A lot of Challengers, Maximas, 300s, Chargers, minivans, Sonatas, Focus
The ATS/XTSs out the front, as in directly left of the entrance door, are reserved for LCAR reservations. They typically have a note with the name of the customer.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:44 am

I'm talking about on the right of the booth, these cars had the green upgrade for X dollars a day tags
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: National Emerald Clum
Originally Posted by toastedcoconut
I'm talking about on the right of the booth, these cars had the green upgrade for X dollars a day tags

Thanks allot, I get there tomorrow hopefully I luck out with something nicer .. appreciate the update

-J
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:24 am

On 9/20 the aisle had several Ford Expeditions, and several Chrysler 200's. Tahoe/Suburbans were limited due to an airbag recall. Several mini-van options available as well.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
10/8 around 3pm

ES - only about 8 cars
4x Ford Expeditions EL
2x Camry
A couple midsize cars

EA - about 5 cars
nothing exciting. only midsizes.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
What can I expect for my luxury booking here? Is it mostly Cadillac or could I expect a Mercedes/BMW?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
What can I expect for my luxury booking here? Is it mostly Cadillac or could I expect a Mercedes/BMW?
Wondering the same thing, thinking about booking a luxury car but I'm not that impressed with Cadillacs.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lakailb87
Wondering the same thing, thinking about booking a luxury car but I'm not that impressed with Cadillacs.
Expect a Cadillac XTS. I sometimes get a BMW by asking nicely, assuming there is one at hand.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:35 pm

Picked up 11/25. EA was pretty slim. One 2017 Elantra, one Accent and one 2016 Cruze (which I chose).

This is the one city where I like little cars. However, I left the car in the hotel parking garage and used Uber all weekend.... much easier. Next time I'll just Uber back and forth from the airport as well.

Can't complain since my three day car rental was $11 + $27 in taxes/fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.