Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
On 3/1 I was surprised by what was on the ES....

BMW 328
Infinity QX70?
Cadillac SRX
GMC Acadia
Chevy Suburban
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whimike
On 3/1 I was surprised by what was on the ES....

BMW 328
Infinity QX70?
Cadillac SRX
GMC Acadia
Chevy Suburban
Are you sure that was on the ES aisle or the "upgrade for $xx more" which is in the same row?

[Not including the the Acadia and Suburban in my comment]
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by neo_781
Are you sure that was on the ES aisle or the "upgrade for $xx more" which is in the same row?

Agreed. Never seem BMW, etc in the ES area, but think I saw the Maserati in the paid upgrade area last week. My biggest joy recently was getting a car that had XM active.... I hate this new trend of monetizing XM (especially bad at SFO). Used to be a nice way to wile away the hours in the Bay area traffic.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
What do you typically get at SFO if you book a luxury? I'm hoping for something fun or sporty.

As an EE, booking a luxury is about the same prise as a fullsize. I'm hoping I can talk them into giving me a nicer car, or I'll just grab something from the EA.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
What do you typically get at SFO if you book a luxury? I'm hoping for something fun or sporty.
Got a choice between a BMW 328 and Cadillac XTS on a luxury reservation at SFO last week. Took the Cadi.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Last time I needed a big hauler at SFO I booked EA (but I am ES) and showed up and told them I had to drive 6 people and luggage. They pulled a Yukon for me out of the SUV aisle and did not charge me extra for it.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:41 am

ES options on 3/15/16 at about 11:00 p.m.:

Charger
Challenger
Altima
Malibu
Older Impala (not the new body)
Several Kia minivans

I took a cursory glance at EA, but there was nothing remarkable at this time of night.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Last week midweek there were nothing but minivans and crappy low end sedans. Had to wait about 25 mins for them to bring something else around and the queue was about 8 deep at that point.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by neo_781

Yes, I am sure, I am EE and rent often from this location. I grabbed the Caddy because somebody else was already driving off in the BMW and Infiniti.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whimike
Yes, I am sure, I am EE and rent often from this location. I grabbed the Caddy because somebody else was already driving off in the BMW and Infiniti.
wow... very cool! Wish more properties would slot in cars like this in the aisle.
^
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Last week, I got an XTS on a luxury reservation at SFO. When I returned the vehicle, I enquired what other cars they had, since I'm not a fan of Caddilacs. The guy at the booth told me they have plenty of BMW 328 and Audi A4s.

This (Wednesday) morning, I had another luxury reservation luxury reservation and asked if I could have a BMW or an Audi. They pointed at the Premier Selection and I drove off in a BMW 528i ^
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Last week, I got an XTS on a luxury reservation at SFO. When I returned the vehicle, I enquired what other cars they had, since I'm not a fan of Caddilacs. The guy at the booth told me they have plenty of BMW 328 and Audi A4s.

This (Wednesday) morning, I had another luxury reservation luxury reservation and asked if I could have a BMW or an Audi. They pointed at the Premier Selection and I drove off in a BMW 528i ^
Nice! We're arriving Friday with an LCAR reservation and I'll make sure to ask.

Do they have anything above an A4? I was in MCO of all places a few months ago and they had just taken in two brand new A8s! One was in the Alamo specialty row and the other was hidden away in a corner. MCO wanted $150/day extra though...
Old May 19, 2016, 11:25 am

Convertibles?

Are there convertibles on the executive aisle this time of year at sfo?
Old May 19, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Flyoh
I've never seen one, but there are a lot of cars at SFO and a lot of turnover.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flyoh
No. I actually asked them about this and they said that this time of year you would need to specifically reserve a convertible and pay the respective rate for it.
Because of my company's policy I can only rent ECAR and CCAR (which on our contract gives me EA and ES access anyway) so I didn't bother asking for an upgrade from ECAR to convertible

Also you will never see any BMW or Audi on the Aisle at SFO, while, for example, in EWR I got a BMW 328 on a CCAR reservation from the Aisle.
If you are unsure if you can just take a specific car without additional charge use the Virtual Exit function on the app. That will tell you if there are any extra costs you'd have to expect.

Generally, if you have the flexibility, avoid renting on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. The Aisle will be a totally different experience on any of the other days. I also would recommend going in the afternoon.

On a SFO side-note: I was stupid enough to forget my relatively expensive jacket + earphones in the car when returning. When I came back the next day (to exchange the faulty Maxima I got) it hadn't turned up at the lost & found, which is odd because that's exactly where it should have been. I cannot really think of any other place it could have gone between being in the car when I returned it and the next customer renting the car. Who knows? I do think it's unlikely they will find it by now. I did write them an e-mail though, asking to be contacted in case they do find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.