Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 1:45 pm

Thank you for responding.
I usually rent with hertz as i am a PC with them but i hear that you'r more likely to get 7 p's with national as Hertz does not normally upgrade you over premium.
Hope it works.
Old May 8, 2013, 4:10 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by miresident
Thank you for responding.
I usually rent with hertz as i am a PC with them but i hear that you'r more likely to get 7 p's with national as Hertz does not normally upgrade you over premium.
Hope it works.
What is your day of week and time of arrival?
Old May 8, 2013, 4:14 pm

Don't have a flight yet but will probably be Thursday evening june 6-13.
Old May 13, 2013, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
What is your day of week and time of arrival?
Got a flight,
Arriving Friday 1AM June 7th... do you think i have a chance for a 7 passenger?
Thanks again.
Old May 17, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by miresident
Got a flight,
Arriving Friday 1AM June 7th... do you think i have a chance for a 7 passenger?
Thanks again.
Don't think it will be a problem...Friday nights usually feature a jam-packed Aisle and ES with many 7-passenger options including Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, minivans, Dodge Journeys, even Suburbans and Tahoes.

And on that point...Friday 10PM

EA/ES - highlights
Lots (at least 8 by my count) of Ford Explorer in Limited trim
Several 2013 GMC Acadia/Chevrolet Traverse
Lots of pickups (mostly Nissan Titan and F-150, but did spot a Hemi-equipped Ram)
Many Tahoes/Yukons/Suburbans/Yukon XLs
VW Touraeg
2012 Jeep GC Limited
2013 Rav4 (base trim, no thanks!)

Premium
Many Taurus in Limited trim
Subaru Legacy

VIP/Upgrade
Subaru Outback wagon (odd, since there was one in the ES too)
1X Flex Limited
3X Challenger
1X Lincoln MKS
1X Yukon XL
Old May 20, 2013, 9:33 am

Ok. Flying in Friday 5/31 at 1030pm reserved a full size staying until Jun4. What do you think my options are going to be when I land??
Old May 20, 2013, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by frankinaug
Ok. Flying in Friday 5/31 at 1030pm reserved a full size staying until Jun4. What do you think my options are going to be when I land??
Most Friday nights are pretty jam packed with lots of choices. Being Memorial Day weekend though, I have no idea what, if any, effect that will have on the availability of different choices. I'd speculate though that there may be less minivans and full size SUVs(Tahoe/Yukon) given the holiday weekend traveling.

I assume you are an Emerald Club member? Full size reservation means you can take from the EA/ES.

The full size reserve will be the usual National full size cars-Malibu, Impala, Toyota Camry, etc.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:54 pm

Has anyone seen any hybrids at DTW? I have executive status, coming in on 5/25 at 6:30am. Also, if you have a one-way rental booked do they car what car you choose?

I'm driving from DTW>LAX and am hoping to get something with good gas mileage, comfortable (I am tall), Sat Radio would be nice and must have a trunk for storing luggage out of sight. I rented a Cruze before and I think that might be a good choice for this trip. I'm just worried with it being a holiday weekend I'll show up and all they will have is Gas guzzling trucks or SUV with no trunk.

Thx!
Old May 21, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by RastaPasta
Has anyone seen any hybrids at DTW? I have executive status, coming in on 5/25 at 6:30am.
Yes, but they are rare. I've seen Sonata hybrids and a Prius once in a while. They're usually in the Premium section when they have them at all.

Originally Posted by RastaPasta
Also, if you have a one-way rental booked do they car what car you choose?
Choose from your reserved class or EA/ES depending on status. No special section for one ways.

I'd recommend not taking something like a Cruze for a cross country drive...you'd be much better served by a 300 or Taurus for a trip like that. Besides, there are almost never ICAR/SCAR put out on the EA/ES here (other than the Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger), so it'd be very unusual to find something of that size out in that section. Both the 300 and Taurus get close to 30 MPG on the highway and are infinitely more comfortable so you should try for something a little bigger.

Monday, 10PM

VIP/Upgrade
2X Challenger
Mustang convertible
MKX
2013 MKZ

Premium
3X 300 (not C)

EA/ES
Lots of Tahoes and Suburbans
Full size pickups (Silverado, Ram)
3X Town and Country
A few small SUV's
1X Taurus
1X Flex
A few other cars (standard FCAR fare)
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:19 pm

Thanks for all the help guys.
Was very impressed with the service... was told being Executive Elite i can take any car off the lot.
Plus the aisles were packed with a large variety of cars trucks crossovers and suv.
Ended up with a 2013 Buick Enclave.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: DL GE
Careful with the Sonata's, radio sometimes needs to be rebooted by pulling the fuse. Seems to be a common problem with the 2012 and newer. I saw it happen in person.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:28 pm

DTW was very, very SUV and pick-up heavy yesterday morning. There were a few 200s and Atimas (Aren't there always?), but Captivas were absolutely everywhere, as well as Rams. I grabbed an Xterra, mainly because I've never seen an Xterra in a rental fleet before.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:55 am

Thursday 10:30PM

VIP
Enclave
1X Camaro
4X Challenger

Premium
1X Subaru Legacy
1X Chrysler 300 (base)
that was all!

EA/ES
2X Silverado
2X Yukon XL
1X Ram
1X Prius
1X Dodge Grand Caravan
Lots of small Jeeps (Liberty, Patriot)
A few sedans (200s, Impalas)

The race at MIS this weekend means there's a real run on cars this weekend at the station.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:15 pm

Returned Sunday, 6/16 at 5PM

Notable sights in the return lanes were several Sonata hybrids (rare for this station) and a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8.

Premium had several Volvo S60s, a 300C, a Taurus Limited, and several Challengers.

VIP/Paid Upgrade had an XC60, Enclave, Yukon, Challenger, and MKZ.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Im renting a car outta ORD Sunday and will be coming up to Detroit on June 25 but not dropping the car off. Ill just park at a valet at the airport. My question was can I goto DTW and get my rental washed for free? Im a Exec elite member and in process of becoming VIP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.