Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Thanks for that Auto Enthusiast! And so, what do you reckon are my chances for a pickup truck or full size SUV on the EA/ES? I've got an alternative Budget reservation which is much cheaper for their "standard SUV" and don't know which one to take.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:38 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Depends what day/time of day you're arriving - this location is very heavy on the pickups/full size SUV's on most weekends; I'd say best chances for a larger vehicle are between Thursday 6PM and Monday 6AM. Many of the business travelers prefer the larger SUV's so those are almost always gone during the week, at least in my experience.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:32 pm

I was there this Monday around 11AM... lots of Compass', Patriot's, and Captiva's (I think the Captiva is fleet only in the US)? Bleh. One Explorer out front but first person off the bus grabbed that.

Keep walking back and there were two Suburban's, a Tahoe, and a Yukon. I grabbed the Yukon which was well worn with 20k miles but I would still take it any day over the other options.

They certainly aren't putting the best stuff out front though, so if you dont see what you like in the first row, keep walking. Very odd setup with EA and ES separated only by a pillar and both going for the full length of the space.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:08 am

Thursday 10PM

VIP
SRX
Camaro
Town and Country

EA/ES
Plenty of Yukons, Tahoes, Suburbans, and Yukon XLs
Hyundai Genesis
2X Taurus (1 Limited, 1 SEL)
1 Prius
Many Impala Limiteds
Lots of Captivas
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:57 am

The Yukons and Suburbans on ES means that the Premier Aisle has not yet found its way to DTW.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:46 pm

Or it just means that it is never gonna work with those particular cars. Yukons and suburbans are plentiful in the fleet (relative to the Volvos, BMWs, MB's etc.) So if they can't put those on the ES, where are they going to park them? I don't think THAT many people want to drive monster SUVs and certainly wouldn't pay as much of a premium as they want for them.

I really don't think this premier selection thing is going to change normal operations that much.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:31 pm

Sunday 10PM

VIP
3X Camaro (1X convertible)
1X Mustang Convertible
1X Challenger

Luxury
1X S60
2X Camaro
1X ATS
3X Challenger

Premium
1X 2014 Lacrosse
1X Taurus
1X Avalon
1X Challenger

EA/ES
Few Tahoes and Suburbans
Otherwise fully stocked with standard fare
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 am

Thursday 10PM

VIP
Camaro
G37
MKZ
'14 Impala LT

Premium
Some Avalons, not much else

EA/ES
Minivans
Lots of small Jeeps
Few Tahoes/Yukons
Many full size pickups
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:20 am

Thursday 9PM

Paid Upgrade
Expedition
'14 LaCrosse
2-door Jeep Wrangler hard top
Camaro

Premium
Lots of Maximas, some Avalons

EA/ES
Many full size pickups
Many Tahoes/Yukons
Traverses and Acadias
1X Genesis
2X Town and County
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:44 am

I get in to DTW tomorrow AM, has anyone checked out what is available in the aisles recently?

Thx
RP
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by RastaPasta
I get in to DTW tomorrow AM, has anyone checked out what is available in the aisles recently?

Thx
RP
Given that it's Thanksgiving I'd expect to see more cars, less SUV/minivan/crossover given that many families are traveling so those vehicles will be at a premium. Exception to that is that there will probably be plenty of pickups since no one ever wants those.

If you notice my posts (since no one else really updates this thread any more), the offerings are more or less consistent.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:23 am

Friday 12PM

EA/ES
All full size usuals
1 Town and Country

Premium
None

Upgrade
Suburban
Traverse
Mini
Town and Country
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:15 pm

Wed 6:30 pm
Passed along 2nd hand from my wife who was calling me for advice on what to select. She said the place was pretty bare, with about 10 cars total between the ES and EA aisles.

ES
14 Impala (new style, told her she should take this one, but...)
14 Impala Limited
Mazda CX-5 (Described as something with a circle with a wing in it called a CX-5)
Fusion (that had someone already in it)
"Some Dodge car that kinda looks like a muscle car" (this is why she's calling for help in selecting her car)
Chrysler 300 (my wife doesn't like these, says they're too big)

EA
Altima
Some Chrysler cars of some sort
Dodge Avenger
Sonata (unknown year)

We've been looking to try a Fusion, although I told her she should take the Impala, she ended up asking the lot attendants and they told her if she could wait 10 minutes or so they could dig one up for her. I'm guessing it's one that was just processed for return. From what she's described to me it's a lower trim model, not sure if it's ecoboost or not. Also oddly apparently has only 1 key with no rental keychain tag on it.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:22 pm

I'm impressed your wife knows as many model years and names as she does. New FT-National forum recruit?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I'm impressed your wife knows as many model years and names as she does. New FT-National forum recruit?
I've been working on her since we started doing the full time rental thing. It's very much still a work in progress . I was actually impressed that she'd pretty much figured out the one Impala was a new one not the Limited (but then, we did have a Limited last month, so at least she knew about it, but at the time she felt it was worth keeping for the heated seats). Her description for the Mazda and the Dodge's had me laughing though. We'd had absolutely no luck getting a Fusion up to now, so I think she was a little tunnel visioned on trying to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.