Cars at DTW

Old May 29, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by nycatl
1 x MX-5
Really? Wouldn't have expected that in a rental fleet. I bet my wife would complain if I came home saturday with something with that little trunk space.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:44 pm

I'm guessing he meant CX-5
Old May 30, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I'm guessing he meant CX-5
Yeah, I thought about that later. But it'd still be interesting to see an MX-5 in the fleet. Although they're really too small for me.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:00 pm

Sat 5:15pm

Pick your own small crossover vehicle. No real obvious distinguishment between ES and EA in the selection of cars, and both were *very* crossover heavy. On ES, saw a couple Camry's, a couple Altima's, and one Charger. Everything else was a crossover. EA I saw a Verano. About the only crossover I didn't see was a Cherokee, which is a shame because I'd probably have tried one if I saw it. Was just about to give a CX-5 a try, but decided to look at the full-size aisle, and found a Fusion Titanium there. First time I've actually seen the Titanium trim here (I know others say they're frequently there, but best I've seen so far is the SE's). Grabbed that, just have to hope my wife can avoid having it stolen.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by piper28
Sat 5:15pm

Pick your own small crossover vehicle. No real obvious distinguishment between ES and EA in the selection of cars, and both were *very* crossover heavy. On ES, saw a couple Camry's, a couple Altima's, and one Charger. Everything else was a crossover. EA I saw a Verano. About the only crossover I didn't see was a Cherokee, which is a shame because I'd probably have tried one if I saw it. Was just about to give a CX-5 a try, but decided to look at the full-size aisle, and found a Fusion Titanium there. First time I've actually seen the Titanium trim here (I know others say they're frequently there, but best I've seen so far is the SE's). Grabbed that, just have to hope my wife can avoid having it stolen.
Hooray! Glad you finally found a Titanium. They're the best!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:48 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Thursday 10PM

EA/ES
Several Ford Edges (SEL and Limited)
4X Cherokee
Ford F150s
3X Dodge Durango Limited
1X Buick Enclave
Many Town and Country minivans
1X 300
At least 4 Fusions in varying trim levels
1X '13 VW Touraeg (41K(!) miles)
Other standard fare

Premium
2X Nissan Pathfinder (??)
2X Taurus
1X '14 Genesis
1X Maxima

Upgrade
Mustang convertible
F150
'13 Mercedes C300 (in fact, I think it was the same one reviewed by our own Dr. Z - it had Mercedes-Benz of Arlington dealer frames!)
Cadillac SRX
Cadillac XTS
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (no Luxury group)

Last edited by dwbf11; Jun 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Upgrade
Mustang convertible
F150
'13 Mercedes C300 (in fact, I think it was the same one reviewed by our own Dr. Z - it had Mercedes-Benz of Arlington dealer frames!)
Cadillac SRX
Cadillac XTS
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (no Luxury group)
That's hilarious! Who will raise their hand and admit that they one way-ed it to TX?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:44 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
That's hilarious! Who will raise their hand and admit that they one way-ed it to MI?:D
Fixed Yes, I know the middle of the country is the same for those on the coasts.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Fixed Yes, I know the middle of the country is the same for those on the coasts.
Guilty as charged! Everytime I see DTW I immediately think DFW.

Sorry my Michigan colleagues.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:09 pm

Happens to me with other similar airport codes!!!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:10 pm

Does anyone know what LUX cars are available at DTW? I'm planning on using some free days over the 4th of July weekend.

I rent from DTW every weekend, I've had the following -

CX5
Fusion Titanium
Fusion SE
Pathfinder
Xterra
Cherokee
4Runner SR5
Buick Verano
Buick Lacrosse
VW Jetta SE
Maxima

I agree with what was said previously, VERY crossover and small SUV heavy lot with cars intermixed. On the weekends I'm always told "Take anything you feel comfortable driving," no mention of EA or ES, seems they don't care at this location on the weekend.

Last edited by blufish312; Jul 13, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:17 pm

Tuesday 5:30pm

Relayed via wife, so interpreting was needed

Altimas
Sonatas
Malibu
Lots of crossover types, ones she mentioned:
Encore
Enclave
Cherokee Latitude (first time that I'd seen one here, tried to get her to take this one)
Dodge Journey
Others of indeterminate make

Wife decided she wanted one of the crossovers this time since she had a bunch of boxes to bring home from work. I gave her bad advice because I got the Journey and Durango mixed up in my mind, so she ended up taking the Journey. Oh well, we only have this one 2 days anyways, and after taking it for a spin last night I didn't think it was too bad other than the lack of features, and the space available was decent for what she needs. I don't think she would have been comfortable with the Enclave, we test drove an Acadia a while back, and she didn't like the size.

A one way rental tomorrow, then a week rental at LAN next week, and we're done for the year that we've been experimenting with this, so I'll sit back then and assess how things went for us.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:55 pm

At least she didn't get one that smelled like cigarette smoke. You've taught her well!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:07 pm

Does anyone know what kind of cars National rental agency at detroit has for Compact or economy? I have reservation at both national and alamo, wondering which one has the low mileage best cars (no kia's) since I am driving into canada. thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:26 pm

No idea on the compact cars roadspower, I couldn't even tell you where to find them in the lot .

Thursday 6pm:
Once again, the usual crossover heavy mix of vehicles. Wife said there were a couple of Impalas, and had her check, first one said Limited on the back (ugh), second one she couldn't find keys in (then found written on the window "No keys", kinda makes me wonder how they got it into the aisle). Last one turned out to be a new style Impala (only a 2LT though), so she went with that.

She also commented that where the Full size aisle is there were a lot of crossovers parked in there, and she couldn't see the full size signage there. Don't know if she missed it, or if they're moving things around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.