Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:31 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Spotted 12/29 4PM

Jaguar XF in return aisle!!

(was dropping off at Hertz across the street, saw it from the road. All I could see of ea/es was rows of Impalas and Malibus.)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:42 am

Tuesday 8AM

Seas of Chrysler 200s, Impalas and Malibus in both EA and ES. The station also just took delivery of many (I counted 10) 2012 Camrys (Camries?). I took a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport as I've been wanting to drive one for some time now and with no snow in the forecast, now is as good a time as ever.

Other notables:

Ford Flex SEL
Ford Explorer - just missed it
Chevy Traverse (few crossovers there this morning)
2012 Nissan Maxima
2012 VW Passat (x2)
Dodge Durango Crew
2X VW Passat CC (1 2011, 1 2012)
Buick Lacrosse

"Specialty" (up front, by the office) had a Cadillac STS, Volvo XC70, 2012 300, and a Suburban. I would have liked to snag the XC but wasn't able to do so - usually the staff here is pretty nice and will allow upgrades to the Specialty section for Exec members, but today they would have none of it. I also saw a 9-3 and 2 DTS's hiding in the Alamo luxury section on the side of the building. Finally, as I was pulling out, a G37X was being returned...that would have been nice

Last edited by dwbf11; Jan 3, 2012 at 8:50 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:45 pm

Thursday 8PM

EA/ES were somewhat interesting tonight. EA/ES were large (and well-equipped) SUV heavy with plenty of Expeditions, Tahoe/Suburbans, and a few Toyota Sequoias. Also spotted a few minivans on the Aisle which is rare for this location. As far as cars, the usual Impalas/Malibus/Hyundai Sonatas were there as well as more interesting choices of several 2012 Toyota Avalons (most with 2000 miles or less), Chargers, a well-equipped Lacrosse (didn't get a look at equipment level), a couple of Maximas, and several 2012 Camrys. Luxury was ALL Dodge Chargers (really?) and a lone Taurus SEL. "Specialty" was a Camaro, a Cadillac DTS, a Nissan Armada, and a 2012 Infiniti G37X. I also saw an S60 hiding on the Alamo Premium side, fairly certain it's the one I rented a few weeks ago.

I snagged the G37X, fresh out of the factory wrapping with only 10 miles on the odo. Perfect for a weekend road trip to pick up my new real car
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:21 pm

Just wanted to mention that in the past two weeks es dtw has just been jammed with cars all types. I took fully loaded Avalon and a 300 but thet had many more including fully loaded suv's etc.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:49 pm

Sunday 11PM
Specialty (up front by the office)
4x Camaro coupe
2x Camaro Convertible
1x Cadillac STS

Premium
All Chargers
1 2013 Taurus Limited With 1200 miles (my choice)

ES
Fully stocked as per usual Sunday night. Nothing that interesting except a Honda Civic with New Jersey dealer plates and a National barcode.
Monday 6PM

Specialty (up front by the office)
Suburban
Lincoln MKZ (IL plates with a "City of Lombard" parking pass, odd
Lincoln MKX
Cadillac DTS
Cadillac STS (same one as last night)

Premium
Genesis
Lacrosse
Taurus
Regal

ES
Picked over, mostly small SUVs and Impalabus
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:58 pm

my 200 I got at MSP in January had this same weird city of Lombard parking pass!!
I figured maybe a previous renter put it in there due to some parking regulation where he/she lived, but maybe that is not the case.

That vehicle also had an oil change reminder sticker from a Jiffy Lube or som equivalent from IL..

Anyone have any idea why these cars are getting this Village of Lombard parking pass?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:28 am

Did your 200 from MSP have IL plates? It would seem kind of strange if it had MN plates, an IL parking pass, and an IL oil change sticker.

Unless maybe it went one-way to Chicago and at some point one-way back. That also seems unlikely, since both are corporate stores, and with National's choice format, no one is forcing you to take a car "home."
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Yes, it had IL plates. I took it one way to Montana, to a franchise store.. :-)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:26 am

Lombard is not far from O'Hare. I wonder if the O'Hare overflow lot is in Lombard, or maybe a manager or employee from the O'Hare station took the car home one night. The MKZ had IL plates also. Very funny that others on here have found cars with this pass!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:23 am

Thursday 9PM

EA/ES about half full, 75% small SUV's. Oddly, only 2 Impalas and 3 Malibus in the whole canopy section.

Only other notable sighting was a 2012 Camry SE (whereas most are the LE trim). There was also a Genesis sitting in the corner with its lights on but no one inside.

Premium was 3 Dodge Chargers. No other PCARs in sight. Spotted a G37 in return lane.

Specialty was a Chrysler 200 Convertible and nothing else.

Ended up taking a 2013 Explorer Limited w/500 miles from the ES.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:36 pm

Did the Charger get reclassified as a PCAR? It used to be a FCAR.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Did the Charger get reclassified as a PCAR? It used to be a FCAR.
Lol, definitely not. For some reason, it seems that whenever I stop by this station in the evening, they line the premium aisle with Chargers.

Can't help but wonder if they pawn them off on the business travelers who show up first thing in the morning. I suppose from the perspective of someone outside of these Forums a Charger may seem like an upgrade over an Impala. Before last year I wouldn't have known what a PCAR was either or where to look for that notation.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:46 am

Thursday 4/26 8:30PM

Specialty up front:
1X 200 Convertible
1X Expedition
1X Camaro coupe
1X Mustang Convertible (V6, not GT)
Alamo had a CTS...and they put this goofy plastic "YOU WOULD LOOK COOL DRIVING ME" sign on top of it, probably to prevent self-upgraders from taking it.

Premium:
200 Convertible
Crown Victoria

EA/ES wiped out. There were a few Avalons, a Maxima, and other standard full size fare. Other notables included a new Murano (would have taken, but hate the CVT), a couple base Traverses, an F-150 and a Silverado.

Return aisle wasn't much more interesting, either. One Edge SEL, an Eclipse coupe, and a Terrain SLT2, otherwise more of the same.

I managed to flag down a lot attendant bringing a 2012 Enclave over to the ES, turned out to be brand new with 580 miles on the odo (seems to be my magic number lately). I don't think the guy who hopped out of his Impala anticipating a switch was too happy with me though!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
my 200 I got at MSP in January had this same weird city of Lombard parking pass!!
I figured maybe a previous renter put it in there due to some parking regulation where he/she lived, but maybe that is not the case.

That vehicle also had an oil change reminder sticker from a Jiffy Lube or som equivalent from IL..

Anyone have any idea why these cars are getting this Village of Lombard parking pass?
Many cities in the Chicago area have mandatory city vehicle registrations -- and it appears Lombard does. There's also an Enterprise location there. My guess is that the car originated at that Lombard Enterprise office.

(Also why you see City of Chicago stickers on most IL-plated rentals; any car "owned" by ORD or MDW needs one, I believe.)
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:32 pm

Sunday 2PM

Specialty:
Genesis
CTS
2012 Taurus SEL
Enclave
Camaro Coupe (again with the goofy"You would look cool renting me" sign)
300 Base

Premium:
Several 200 Convertibles
Several Genesis
2 Chrysler 300's (base)
Chargers

EA/ES:
Didn't get to look closely but it looked well stocked. From what I spotted on the front row, there were several large SUVs (Expeditions/Tahoes) as well as minivans (rare for this location). Also a Maxima and a CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.