Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
Anyone wanna get me US Weekly?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Sorry, what do you mean by "cancellation email"? Do you mean you canceled the automatic renewals, or are you referring to something else?
No I didn't change anything in my account after placing the order. Magazines.com sent me an email the next afternoon saying confirming that I'd cancelled the orders, which I didn't do. I called and they said they were putting large dollar amount orders on hold due to possible fraud. They would process them manually but wouldn't happen until middle of next week due to BF/CM.

Something similar happened with the ebags 35x promo but they made it obvious it was "on hold" and not "cancelled."
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by NewGirl
Anyone wanna get me US Weekly?
at 60 mi/$ it might be more beneficial to buy them for yourself. I personally would buy them for a charity/hospital/etc. but not for an individual begging for multiple subscriptions. You might find someone on here though, but I bet they send to a good cause first. good luck
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
No I didn't change anything in my account after placing the order. Magazines.com sent me an email the next afternoon saying confirming that I'd cancelled the orders, which I didn't do. I called and they said they were putting large dollar amount orders on hold due to possible fraud. They would process them manually but wouldn't happen until middle of next week due to BF/CM.

Something similar happened with the ebags 35x promo but they made it obvious it was "on hold" and not "cancelled."
same, I got an email saying I've cancelled and wait a few days for a refund. This was on a $251 order.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: All of 'em
Ordered on Monday, got cancellation email on Tuesday. Order center says operations working on it, in theory it would be resurrected and I would get full points. But I have 90 days (similar to ebags) to cancel order if shenanigans.
What do you mean that you have 90 days to cancel? You can get a full refund?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
What do you mean that you have 90 days to cancel? You can get a full refund?
yes, stated in T&C
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN

I got a similar email and called them. Magazines.com explained that my order was stopped as it was coming via a foreign IP address (traveling at the time), but my credit card, email and address was in the US. The next day the order status was shown as confirmed so everything fixed.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:48 am

Best Way to NOT renew for 2015

My miles posted this morning as pending, and it was around 8,500 miles for a $140 purchase. I'm wondering what is the best way to go about canceling the subscription. I will definitely use the subscription for a year because I like the magazines, but I feel like I have to hit that sweet spot between an automatic renewal and a cancel of the order with a prorated refund. I feel the later would invalidate the miles earned because it would show up as a return. Any thoughts?

Is there an option to just uncheck an automatic renewal? I have a feeling I'm just going to forget about it and have to pay for next year, too...But I can't do that in the miles game, it's too expensive!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
Easy to undo the auto renewal. I already did it for my orders. Just go to "manage subscriptions", then on the right side of the page click on "edit information", and then under each subscription is a box that says "subscription information" with a small blue link immediately to the right that says EDIT. Click this and change auto renewal to manual. You will be asked to confirm and do this separately for each magazine. Easy.

Also, I placed an order about 5 days ago and today my transaction appeared on the AA shopping page with the 60 miles/$. All of my subscriptions are on manual renewal.

Originally Posted by NathanL104
My miles posted this morning as pending, and it was around 8,500 miles for a $140 purchase. I'm wondering what is the best way to go about canceling the subscription. I will definitely use the subscription for a year because I like the magazines, but I feel like I have to hit that sweet spot between an automatic renewal and a cancel of the order with a prorated refund. I feel the later would invalidate the miles earned because it would show up as a return. Any thoughts?

Is there an option to just uncheck an automatic renewal? I have a feeling I'm just going to forget about it and have to pay for next year, too...But I can't do that in the miles game, it's too expensive!

Last edited by wolfie52; Nov 28, 2013 at 7:19 am
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver

When I ordered my magazines (with deliver address elsewhere; I need more magazine subscriptions like I need a hole in the head), the next morning I had an email saying that this was listed as possible fraud. I replied and explained what I was doing, and why. Later that day received a reply that the order went through. Still no miles posted to aa.com though.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:26 am

My miles posted this morning as confirmed, 250$ for 15000 miles. Hopefully the bonus miles post as well.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Can somebody confirm that The Economist is working as well?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:17 am

Whew, just went in for just under 2k worth.

1k worth to the Children's Hospital, 1k for my business

Fingers crossed on getting the miles posted and getting the charitable deduction. Thanks Flyertalk!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by kaiguy
Whew, just went in for just under 2k worth.

1k worth to the Children's Hospital, 1k for my business

Fingers crossed on getting the miles posted and getting the charitable deduction. Thanks Flyertalk!
How are you planning on dividing the value of the magazines and the value of the miles ?

its a not 100% gift since you got something out of the deal.....
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Can somebody confirm that The Economist is working as well?
Yes - shows as confirmed in my account. Posted this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.