Community
Wiki Posts
Search

60 AA miles/$ at Magazine.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
mommypoints did a good write-up on her blog. Not sure I can use a couple thousand AA but will research.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by robbert
Simply use a CC that's not going to be around next year. All of us should have plenty to choose from, his is FT after all!
My Spirit MasterCard with BofA has ShopSafe, which generates virtual card numbers with a limit and expiration date you can set. Comes in very handy for things like this.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by CFFrost
I've used magazines.com several times (@30 miles/$ via UR). I believe it IS set to auto-renew, but it is fairly straight forward to cancel that "benefit." As others have said, make sure to delete your credit info so you don't get auto-billed.
How long would the miles take to post to AA?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
I'm in for $1k worth of mags to the children's hospital~
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847
How long would the miles take to post to AA?
I don't specifically remember, but it did post in a reasonable amount of time and I did not have to follow up. Remember though, posting time generally has as much to do with the portal than it does with the merchant (and my prior purchases were through UR).
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'm in for $44 worth to top up to an award level. Thanks to OP. Came at the right time because I don't have travel opportunities coming up for rental car miles (AA not being my primary airline). Better to have the option to book the big trip sooner rather than later, and this beats purchasing miles.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Did anybody notice this disclaimer?
Please note these terms & conditions:
Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only (automatically renewed subscriptions are not eligible). Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Journals and International Magazines are not eligible.

99% of all their subscriptions are under the "automatically renewed subscriptions"!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu

Anyone jumping in on this one...sounds tempting..especially with that 2500 bonus as well..

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...x&mids=2080,16
Originally Posted by TTTTroll
with the holiday bonus it comes out to 1.4 cpm for $250 spend 17500 miles
Sorry, what bonuses are you folks referring to? Are we supposed to sign up for these? And if so, where?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by fAAn
Did anybody notice this disclaimer?
Please note these terms & conditions:
Eligible on Magazine subscriptions only (automatically renewed subscriptions are not eligible). Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Journals and International Magazines are not eligible.

99% of all their subscriptions are under the "automatically renewed subscriptions"!
I took this to mean that the recurring charges would not qualify and that only your initial subscription charge would get the bonus miles.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:58 pm

Economist is not automatically renewed.
Any other good options for magazines that are not automatically renewed?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Choice Hotels Gold
Originally Posted by TTTTroll
with the holiday bonus it comes out to 1.4 cpm for $250 spend 17500 miles
+1

I'm in for $125 already. Looking to reach $250 and get the 2500 bonus plus 15000 miles for the 250 spend. This is an incredible offer.

Thanks OP
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Economist is not automatically renewed.
Any other good options for magazines that are not automatically renewed?
Looks to me that the Economist mag IS automatically renewed (scroll down into the details section) http://www.magazines.com/the-economi...efault,pd.html

I sent a message about how the automatic "renewal terms" will affect payout but haven't heard back. My guess based on other posters is that it has to do with not awarding miles for the cost of automatic renewal 1+ year from now.

Any experience on this?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by kaiguy
Looks to me that the Economist mag IS automatically renewed (scroll down into the details section) http://www.magazines.com/the-economi...efault,pd.html

I sent a message about how the automatic "renewal terms" will affect payout but haven't heard back. My guess based on other posters is that it has to do with not awarding miles for the cost of automatic renewal 1+ year from now.

Any experience on this?
crap! i swear there wasn't automatic renewal there!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Another option could be to buy a magazines.com gift card, and use it to purchase the magazine subscriptions so that they do not auto-renew. I *think* I did this last year with the United portal - I got a $100 GC and subscribed to New Yorker and Wired which was almost $100 for both of them. I wanted to read both of them, so this worked for me.

Don't forget that for most magazines the print subscription includes access to the web/iPad version. I am usually outside of the US, but have a US address with family, so this worked out very well. We *both* get to read the magazine - my family gets to read it in person and I get to read it on my iPad wherever I happen to be in the world.

T&C do not preclude purchasing GCs so it is worth a try.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: All of 'em
Anyone know if the 2,500 bonus for $250 spend is one time, or is it given for every $250 spend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.